Need opinion about this situation

femtographics

2 days ago I submitted an offer to a buyer request. She messaged me and asked if I could do the work. Then I did a little bit of research and found she gives negative rating to her sellers. I don’t want any bad reviews so I offer her that, First I will do some sample works, if she likes them she will order my service. As I promised, I downloaded her attachment and sent 5 designs to her in 1 hour. It’s been 2 days she saw everything but didn’t reply to me. I asked several times if she liked them or not. But she didn’t reply. She has no new reviews on her profile. I found that she has given a seller a 3 star rating, and wrote there that the seller gave her a stolen design. But this time I think she has stolen my design. 😕

Never ever give out free work. Period. If you’re giving your work a value of $0 before you even get a gig, they will treat you like you are worth $0. Also, if a new “client” wants free work out of me, they’re more interested in getting a cheap (or free) solution to their problem than working together as a team for mutual benefit.

Never ever give out free work. Period. If you’re giving your work a value of $0 before you even get a gig, they will treat you like you are worth $0. Also, if a new “client” wants free work out of me, they’re more interested in getting a cheap (or free) solution to their problem than working together as a team for mutual benefit.

Thank you for your valuable opinion. May be I should have gave her watermarked version of my work.

Thank you for your valuable opinion. May be I should have gave her watermarked version of my work.

No, not even that. I’m willing to bet you’re charging a very low rate for your services. These unscrupulous people will take your work and practically bend over backwards to photoshop out a watermark so they can steal it, rather than just coughing up the $5-$10 in the first place. If they want to see your work, they can look at your profile. If they want to buy your work, they can pay you for it…no free work needed.

I’m up to almost 30 reviews here on the platform as a seller, and they’re all 5 stars with the exception of 1 4 star. Buyers are generally very nice, very decent people in what I’ve experienced so far, so if she’s handing out 3 star ratings, I also have to wonder if she’s impossible to please.

ETA: Yes, you are charging a very low rate for your services. Search her username in Google and see if you can figure out if she is using your stolen work on her website. If you find it, issue a DMCA takedown notice for the page (https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?hl=en). Don’t contact her first, she’ll just take it down and try and cover her tracks. This is the only way thieves learn there are repercussions to abusing and stealing from creatives.

No, not even that. I’m willing to bet you’re charging a very low rate for your services. These unscrupulous people will take your work and practically bend over backwards to photoshop out a watermark so they can steal it, rather than just coughing up the $5-$10 in the first place. If they want to see your work, they can look at your profile. If they want to buy your work, they can pay you for it…no free work needed.

I’m up to almost 30 reviews here on the platform as a seller, and they’re all 5 stars with the exception of 1 4 star. Buyers are generally very nice, very decent people in what I’ve experienced so far, so if she’s handing out 3 star ratings, I also have to wonder if she’s impossible to please.

ETA: Yes, you are charging a very low rate for your services. Search her username in Google and see if you can figure out if she is using your stolen work on her website. If you find it, issue a DMCA takedown notice for the page (https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?hl=en). Don’t contact her first, she’ll just take it down and try and cover her tracks. This is the only way thieves learn there are repercussions to abusing and stealing from creatives.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll wait a week to see if she regrets.

2 days ago I submitted an offer to a buyer request. She messaged me and asked if I could do the work. Then I did a little bit of research and found she gives negative rating to her sellers. I don’t want any bad reviews so I offer her that, First I will do some sample works, if she likes them she will order my service. As I promised, I downloaded her attachment and sent 5 designs to her in 1 hour. It’s been 2 days she saw everything but didn’t reply to me. I asked several times if she liked them or not. But she didn’t reply. She has no new reviews on her profile. I found that she has given a seller a 3 star rating, and wrote there that the seller gave her a stolen design. But this time I think she has stolen my design. 😕

Then I did a little bit of research and found she gives negative rating to her sellers.

This is fascinating. How did you do the research? Google?

I don’t think her negative reviews should intimidate you, not if you’re confident about the quality of your work. I would only be intimidated if my gig was subjective and I had seen her trashing sellers that I respect.

I downloaded her attachment and sent 5 designs to her in 1 hour.

Either she didn’t like your work, or she liked image #3, and gave it to another designer to make it better.

This is why you should never give samples. Show them work you’ve done for other clients, but never create work until you get an order.

Then I did a little bit of research and found she gives negative rating to her sellers.

This is fascinating. How did you do the research? Google?

I don’t think her negative reviews should intimidate you, not if you’re confident about the quality of your work. I would only be intimidated if my gig was subjective and I had seen her trashing sellers that I respect.

I downloaded her attachment and sent 5 designs to her in 1 hour.

Either she didn’t like your work, or she liked image #3, and gave it to another designer to make it better.

This is why you should never give samples. Show them work you’ve done for other clients, but never create work until you get an order.

Thanks for your opinion. I visited the seller’s profile who has worked for this buyer in the past. Then I saw the bad reviews this buyer has given to that seller.

Thanks for your opinion. I visited the seller’s profile who has worked for this buyer in the past. Then I saw the bad reviews this buyer has given to that seller.

Oh, you mean the bad reviews others sellers gave him? Yes, that is troubling. Sadly, with the blind review system, it’s hard for us sellers to give buyers bad reviews, unless our experience has been truly horrible.

Brother you played a safe game in this situation but in my opinion, you can bring this situation in fiverr’s notice. THet take appropriate actions all the time and favors both seller and buyer. 😊

THet take appropriate actions all the time and favors both seller and buyer.

Fiverr favors buyers, not sellers. This week I had to refund two orders from two very difficult buyers. CS told me I should send them a custom offer for more revisions. They don’t care! Thanks to the fees buyers pay to order, they’re already making money, and those fees are non-refundable. So if I lose a $40 order, it doesn’t hurt them one bit.

THet take appropriate actions all the time and favors both seller and buyer.

Fiverr favors buyers, not sellers. This week I had to refund two orders from two very difficult buyers. CS told me I should send them a custom offer for more revisions. They don’t care! Thanks to the fees buyers pay to order, they’re already making money, and those fees are non-refundable. So if I lose a $40 order, it doesn’t hurt them one bit.

You can be right as per your experience, but I am sharing my opinion.

You’re entitled to your opinion, I’m allowed to disagree.

Have you experienced Fiverr favoring you? I’d love to hear stories about how they had a problem and Fiverr CS solved it.

Fiverr isn’t our boss and has to stay away from problems between buyers and sellers. The best they can do is compensate sellers when things go bad with a buyer, as long as the seller did nothing wrong. However if the seller did do something wrong, they can refund the buyer’s money. It’s a legal matter that they don’t act like they are employers of sellers.

Fiverr isn’t our boss and has to stay away from problems between buyers and sellers. The best they can do is compensate sellers when things go bad with a buyer, as long as the seller did nothing wrong. However if the seller did do something wrong, they can refund the buyer’s money. It’s a legal matter that they don’t act like they are employers of sellers.

The best they can do is compensate sellers when things go bad with a buyer, as long as the seller did nothing wrong.

But they don’t. You can report an abusive buyer that insults you, and Fiverr will take action. But if you don’t want to refund and your buyer wants a refund, Fiverr won’t close the order for you. Just like they allow buyers to demand endless revisions, even if you only offer one or two.

The best they can do is compensate sellers when things go bad with a buyer, as long as the seller did nothing wrong.

But they don’t. You can report an abusive buyer that insults you, and Fiverr will take action. But if you don’t want to refund and your buyer wants a refund, Fiverr won’t close the order for you. Just like they allow buyers to demand endless revisions, even if you only offer one or two.

But if you don’t want to refund and your buyer wants a refund, Fiverr won’t close the order for you. Just like they allow buyers to demand endless revisions, even if you only offer one or two.

I’m sure it’s for the reason I said, that they have to stay out of disputes. They can’t act like an employer.

But if you don’t want to refund and your buyer wants a refund, Fiverr won’t close the order for you. Just like they allow buyers to demand endless revisions, even if you only offer one or two.

I’m sure it’s for the reason I said, that they have to stay out of disputes. They can’t act like an employer.

They should at least limit revision requests to the number each seller offers. They should also let us close the order. Ironically, today an order got marked complete from a buyer that kept demanding revisions. I guess the clock ran out and I got lucky. Of course, he might do a paypal chargeback or ask CS to cancel the order. We’ll see what happens.

If it wasn’t for the Order Completion Rate nonsense, I would refund every problem order and call it a day, but because Fiverr changed the rules, now I’m forced to fight with buyers. It’s a lose-lose for everyone, I wish Fiverr could understand it.

Great advice! Glad to hear things are going well with you. 😃

Archived