Fiverr Forum

Need options for bad buyers

Like many of you i’m fed up with fragglesrock buyers threatening negative feedback with no negotiation, the amount of times I’ve had to contact support to get feedback removed is dreadful!

I feel we need a ‘report’ button for bad feedback that we feel has been given unfairly!

Thanks ya’ll.

I agree.

1. Block Buyer to they can’t view your gig, make orders or contact you
  2. Decline Order Button which one can use on bad buyers
  3. Negative Feedback shows on the Buyer’s page not just on your gig page

Kim

I agree…I’ll go even further. I think there should be a system that after, lets say 3 negative feedbacks (buyer wants full refund after getting service or threatened negative feedback) a buyer should get banned. Some buyers are scammers and want to get the service or products for free. That is not conducive to good sales for Fiverr.

I agree!

In a customer service based type of business you are always going to have to deal with the negative, banning someone after 3 negative reviews is a bit harsh because someone very well could have had 3 bad experiences. More filters would need to be in place before banning someone

Reply to @tn5rr2012: My idea of banning someone is if it is OBVIOUS that this person is a problem. I think if you place 3 orders, and you want refunds on all 3 orders because you aren’t satisfied, I would say there is a problem. One person having a dispute with 3 different sellers, that seems very strange to me. Three strikes you’re OUT! If it’s good enough for baseball, it’s good enough for me.

I also agree :slight_smile: This is a must

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Perfect answer. I had a guy do this to me and Customer Support removed the order and the negative feedback, but I also lost my money.

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Hey Ashley, yes, but not on a site where sellers are good and doing their best. I think 3 complaints from sellers would be a better solution.

I doubt that at this stage Fiverr will penalize misbehaving buyers. But I agree there should be some policy to protect sellers

Good idea @kim_talented

Reply to @magisworks: All I can say is that if Fiverr doesn’t stay on the ball, and try to protect buyers and sellers alike, then this place has a big potential to become like Craigslist. It went from a great site to Crimeslist (scammers galore).

It’s not a perfect system, but it is what it has to be.

Everyone needs to remember that Yes, Fiverr favors buyers. Just like any other money dealing site. Example: E-Bay, Amazon, Pay-Pal… all of them.

Yes. Sometimes it’s unfair to sellers… Maybe more often than not.

But, it has to be this way.

As imperfect as it is, if buyers don’t feel protected they won’t shop. Would you shop at a place that took the sellers side and not yours, when it comes to your money? Of course you wouldn’t.

Some people abuse the system, but in the end they’ll get nailed.

Here’s the thing. You need to Favor the buyer. Why? Because if there is no buyers there is no site! So, when you feel like the buyers always win, even when they scam you that’s because they usually do. And it HAS to be that way or again, no site.

You can sell everything in the world but if no buyer feels like they are being looked after who are you going to sell it to?

If there’s no buyer than there’s no point in trying to sell because there’s nobody to sell to.

I totally agree!

Reply to @bigbadbilly: Excellent point

Reply to @hotwebideas: I guess I just haven’t had an issue like this

I agree…I’ll go even further. I think there should be a system that after, lets say 3 negative feedbacks (buyer wants full refund after getting service or threatened negative feedback) a buyer should get banned. Some buyers are scammers and want to get the service or products for free. That is not conducive to good sales for Fiverr.

I agree!

In a customer service based type of business you are always going to have to deal with the negative, banning someone after 3 negative reviews is a bit harsh because someone very well could have had 3 bad experiences. More filters would need to be in place before banning someone

Reply to @tn5rr2012: My idea of banning someone is if it is OBVIOUS that this person is a problem. I think if you place 3 orders, and you want refunds on all 3 orders because you aren’t satisfied, I would say there is a problem. One person having a dispute with 3 different sellers, that seems very strange to me. Three strikes you’re OUT! If it’s good enough for baseball, it’s good enough for me.