Fiverr Community Forum

Need Report System for buyer request option

I saw many people are using buyer requests as marketing. they don’t place any orders. they just left their own Fiverr gig link or youtube link or his own website. Sometimes malicious links, whenever you visit the link it will divert to a malicious website.

Just for getting views and impressions. they are nothing but come to Fiverr to waste our limited requests.

If Fiverr add an option like the report in the buyer request. It will be great.

What is your opinion?

7 Likes

I completely agree, I have seen some requests that are linked to inappropriate material or requesting inappropriate services. Along with the obvious spammers. I am sure Fiverr have a moderating system in place otherwise you would see much more spam than we do see. But it would be nice to be able to report a request and if say more than 10 reports come in it automatically be hidden until it can be reviewed by Fiverr staff

1 Like

many people post their own blog websites to get views and they got profited by us. as we increasing traffic for their website for nothing.

2 Likes

I agree, it is frustrating seeing requests that have no intention in paying for a gig. Maybe reporting is something Fiverr can implement in the future

1 Like

I agree. There’s no quality control or reporting option for it whatsoever and it isn’t right.

As a legitimate buyer it would annoy me that my order was buried under sellers trying to game the system and other spammers and scammers. You’d think that would incentivize Fiverr to change this. It also makes Fiverr look really bad that people manipulate the system and they don’t have any way for people to take action against it. The stuff is there for all buyers to see.

As a seller, it certainly puts me off finding a needle in a haystack. Trying to find a gig in buyer requests is difficult enough without time wasters. Sometimes I’d prefer to wait for an order than sort through the requests.

2 Likes

I saw a project of blog site worth of 500$. he attached a link in the buyer request. I send my request to him. next day same post in my buyer request. he posted 4-5 times and got attention of 150+ sellers within a minute every time.
It confirms that he did it intentionally .

Harsh! if there is a report option.

I bet!

And that means that only desperate, incompetent sellers have an incentive to take the time to sort and apply.

2 Likes

That is a fake buyer, not a seller using a buyer request to hustle sales, so it’s different than what this thread is about, but yeah – no abuse of this function should be allowed.

1 Like

I do still try to go through them, but if I have an order to work on its the last place I want to be. It’s so hit and miss especially when a new request is uploaded there’s already 10 offers before you can even start writing your own. Sometimes feels like buyers will only go through the first 5 offers before they themselves get bored of reading and pick something that isn’t exactly right for their job.

1 Like

Would not surprise me at all!

2 Likes

I agree with you…

1 Like

Fiverr should give seller some facility to share their experience. I totallly agree with this, People just left there link to get traffic to their website.

1 Like

Yes I have noticed the same thing. There should me something to report those spammer

1 Like