Need some advise from other seller

gunawanguan

Dear Fiverr Seller.

I hope you all doing great today.
I am here to seek for some advise here about my gig, as I seen there is a lot of good seller here that help each other to review other gig and tell if there is something wrong / can be improved.
Please note : I’m not asking for other to purchase my gig, no I don’t asking for that. I just need some review if there is something wrong or not with my gig.

So here is the situation.
I am Fiverr Seller for almost 6 years (this September is my 6 years here) and I have work full-time here.
My first year was great and so on until my 5 years, I finished 13K+ orders, got 8K+ positive reviews, some negative reviews of course and some cancellation.

Since last year, I feel that my gig was going down. I don’t know if it’s my performance or during any algorithm or rotation. But I tried to keep up delivering high quality job, as fast as I can, maintain good delivery response time and communicate well and fast.

I tried to tweak my gig, changing the brief, changing the title, changing the tag, the image, etc.
Opening up any new service that I still can handle (related with Graphic Design job) and I got around 100 orders each months. Mostly comes from my repeat customer. And about 60% are always satisfied and giving me tip or 5 star review.

I was elligible to use promoted gig service. It helps me to get more sales, especially from new customer.

But yesterday, I got a notification that my gig is unqualified. All of my gig, then I’m not able to promote my gig anymore.
I have contact Fiverr Support, but they can’t tell me what is going wrong with my gig.
I just feel that I’m not lowering down my work quality, I try even work harder and faster and still got a good review, tip and repeat customer.

Some are new customer and then they repeat order with me.
For me, it seems that my job is doing well. But here I’m trying to ask for any other help to see, if there is something wrong with my gig.
Maybe there is some hole or something wrong that I didn’t see that cause my gig performance going down.

If you have any time, any experience seller here, some that I know are active on this forum @vickiespencer , @lloydsolutions , @genuineguidance , @misscrystal , @frank_d or anybody else, would you please have a look at my gig and tell me if there is something wrong with my performance or something that I can do to improve my gig.

P.S : I have read @frank_d post about Fiverr 3.0

Hey everyone! [frank hello] A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”. This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought. Hold up. Fiverr 3.0? If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) a…

and found out that my order response rate are so down (91%). I’m working on it now to improve it.
This is something that I feel is bad, but could it cause me to be thrown out of promoted gig section and being called my gig is unqualified?

Any suggestion, bad or good, I will really appreciate it.
As I can’t seek for another help (I tried to ask Customer Support to help me find out, what is going wrong, but they can’t).

Thank you in advance for your help.
I really appreciate your help.
And please forgive me if my English language is bad and there is some mistake on grammar or spelling.

1502035154_frankhello.gif.50dfc335f78b5b4fa30665431bbda8b4.gif

Hey @gunawanguan thank you for sharing your experience.

I am going to be extremely honest here: None of us know what exactly is going on.

I personally have been trying to find answers for a couple of years now.

I have a really busy day today, so I will keep this brief for now, I will most definitely return to keep the discussion going.

So here are some bullet points:

• the performance that I talked about in my post, and that is probably low on your end, is not something any one of us can see, based on your gigs and profile page.

• I had a couple of stellar months in terms of revenue, as I sold a couple of gigs in the 5 digits range, but that is not telling the whole picture: my enquiries have almost completely stopped and there are no new organic orders coming in for at least 10 days now. I just reached out with my SM to schedule a call to see if she has more data to share on her end.

• Your 91% is not bad on its own. But when placed next to the average I am assuming high-performers have, it may look worse. We also currently don’t know the exact weight factoring that’s going on in the current formula.

So what I am trying to say is: no one has any answers currently. We can only exchange experiences and compare.

To that end, my current experience is that I made Fiverr a lot of money within 60 days, and now I have zero orders, 0 prospects.

I can actually break down the data further in an effort to find what I think is a hidden breaking point in the formula. (I suspect the fact that a $4,500 order I have still open, may be the reason for my slowdown.)

EDIT: In an effort to be as helpful as possible, and in order for you to actually find an initial actionable advice, I looked a bit at your profile.
My current assumption is that Fiverr looks at “home runs” and not “batting averages”.

So my current theory is that we all need to actually double down on the offerings that are converting and get rid of all the dead weight.

I personally paused two of my gigs yesterday and I think I will pause 3 more today.

So I don’t know what your gigs do, or do not do, in terms of sales and conversion. But from a quick look, you offer a really wide range of gigs. It’s statistically improbable that all of them are performing equally well. Maybe you need to focus up.

@frank_d First of all, I would like to say thanks for have a look to my gig and responding my thread.

I am about to send you a personal message on your inbox, but I’m afraid that it will consider as spamming. LOL

I am a bit confused about what you mean with “home runs” and not “batting averages”?

Does it mean that we should focus on some of our top gig?

I tried it about couple days ago. But after that, my promoted gigs section suddenly being paused, all of them.
It’s said that my gig is unqualified.

Yet in every month, I got almost 100+ sales each months, getting a lot of positive reviews (around 70 per months), some tip sometimes and no cancellation, since December 2020.

That’s why I confused, why my gig can be categorized as unqualified?
I tried to figure it out, what makes me unqualified but couldn’t find the answer.
That’s why I’m thinking, if I can’t rely on promoted gigs, then let me activate all of my gig, so it will open up a chance to get more customer from the wide variety of service I’m doing.

Just in personal opinion, did you think that what I thought is wrong?
Since now my promoted gig section is paused, opening all my gig service to get more customer is a bad idea or not?

Thanks again for responding to my thread.

@frank_d First of all, I would like to say thanks for have a look to my gig and responding my thread.

I am about to send you a personal message on your inbox, but I’m afraid that it will consider as spamming. LOL

I am a bit confused about what you mean with “home runs” and not “batting averages”?

I tried it about couple days ago. But after that, my promoted gigs section suddenly being paused, all of them.

Yet in every month, I got almost 100+ sales each months, getting a lot of positive reviews (around 70 per months), some tip sometimes and no cancellation, since December 2020.

I tried to figure it out, what makes me unqualified but couldn’t find the answer.

That’s why I’m thinking, if I can’t rely on promoted gigs, then let me activate all of my gig, so it will open up a chance to get more customer from the wide variety of service I’m doing.

Since now my promoted gig section is paused, opening all my gig service to get more customer is a bad idea or not?

Please don’t do that. As I said I will get back to you when I get a chance.

Yes that’s why I’m not doing it and just wait here on the forum.

I am going to be extremely honest here: None of us know what exactly is going on.

I have a really busy day today, so I will keep this brief for now, I will most definitely return to keep the discussion going.

• the performance that I talked about in my post, and that is probably low on your end, is not something any one of us can see, based on your gigs and profile page.

• I had a couple of stellar months in terms of revenue, as I sold a couple of gigs in the 5 digits range, but that is not telling the whole picture: my enquiries have almost completely stopped and there are no new organic orders coming in for at least 10 days now. I just reached out with my SM to schedule a call to see if she has more data to share on her end.

• Your 91% is not bad on its own. But when placed next to the average I am assuming high-performers have, it may look worse. We also currently don’t know the exact weight factoring that’s going on in the current formula.

So what I am trying to say is: no one has any answers currently. We can only exchange experiences and compare.

To that end, my current experience is that I made Fiverr a lot of money within 60 days, and now I have zero orders, 0 prospects.

I can actually break down the data further in an effort to find what I think is a hidden breaking point in the formula. (I suspect the fact that a $4,500 order I have still open, may be the reason for my slowdown.)

EDIT: In an effort to be as helpful as possible, and in order for you to actually find an initial actionable advice, I looked a bit at your profile.

My current assumption is that Fiverr looks at “home runs” and not “batting averages”.

So my current theory is that we all need to actually double down on the offerings that are converting and get rid of all the dead weight.

I personally paused two of my gigs yesterday and I think I will pause 3 more today.

So I don’t know what your gigs do, or do not do, in terms of sales and conversion. But from a quick look, you offer a really wide range of gigs. It’s statistically improbable that all of them are performing equally well. Maybe you need to focus up.

Interesting points Frank,

I echo a similar POV on this. I have done well over the last 2 months through a mixture of larger orders and repeat business however it is evident of a massive reduction in organic growth of my gig, almost like I am swimming upstream or against the current.

Every theory I think has some weight, i end up disproving… so at this stage i am in the dark… i went from page 1 to 3 to 12 in literally 1 hour at the start of the week. My only issue with the algorithm is the promotion of poor sellers which negatively effects the company and can put buyers off for a lifetime.

Thanks

Hello,

It happens due to fiverr algorithm changes frequently all the time. Just improve your gig images and upload video if you can and do some orders like 4 to 5 on regular bases to improve your sales velocity so as soon you have the sale velocity you will get impression and click that will convert to orders. To rank your gigs sale velocity is very important you must have orders in queue it is like a snow the more it falls the heavier it becomes. so the more orders you getting in queue the more traffic you will get. It’s really gonna work just tried spend some $$ on gigs and the reward will be huge.

Hello,

It happens due to fiverr algorithm changes frequently all the time. Just improve your gig images and upload video if you can and do some orders like 4 to 5 on regular bases to improve your sales velocity so as soon you have the sale velocity you will get impression and click that will convert to orders. To rank your gigs sale velocity is very important you must have orders in queue it is like a snow the more it falls the heavier it becomes. so the more orders you getting in queue the more traffic you will get. It’s really gonna work just tried spend some $$ on gigs and the reward will be huge.

I am still in-between calls, and still have a bunch of tasks for the day, but I thought I’d drop in real quick to clarify some points that @comunicators just shared:

Just improve your gig images and upload video if you can and do some orders like 4 to 5 on regular bases to improve your sales velocity so as soon you have the sale velocity you will get impression and click that will convert to orders.

I’m sorry but that makes very little sense. “Improve images (whatever that means) and upload video” turns into “4-5 sales velocity”? Lots of steps missing in that train of thought.

must have orders in queue it is like a snow the more it falls the heavier it becomes.

I’m sorry but that’s just not true. If you feel that works for you, go ahead and do what you want with your gigs, but please don’t recommend people to do the same. That’s irresponsible.

@andrewcarpen756 That’s definitely interesting. Any orders that took you longer than average to complete? Anything that may have “told” Fiverr you were to busy to handle more?

I am still in-between calls, and still have a bunch of tasks for the day, but I thought I’d drop in real quick to clarify some points that @comunicators just shared:

Just improve your gig images and upload video if you can and do some orders like 4 to 5 on regular bases to improve your sales velocity so as soon you have the sale velocity you will get impression and click that will convert to orders.

I’m sorry but that makes very little sense. “Improve images (whatever that means) and upload video” turns into “4-5 sales velocity”? Lots of steps missing in that train of thought.

must have orders in queue it is like a snow the more it falls the heavier it becomes.

I’m sorry but that’s just not true. If you feel that works for you, go ahead and do what you want with your gigs, but please don’t recommend people to do the same. That’s irresponsible.

@andrewcarpen756 That’s definitely interesting. Any orders that took you longer than average to complete? Anything that may have “told” Fiverr you were to busy to handle more?

Every order is different for me, just like the services you offer I can have an order that takes a short amount of time or 2 months, there is no real pattern since i started selling. The only variable that is fairly consistent is revenue generation. I did have a theory on longer order times effecting the ranking of gigs however I have seen sellers with 90+ orders with 30 day deliveries so i do not know if that one holds up.

As a seller there has never been a time when I have gone “this is too much” so historic data would see my account as fairly adaptable to handle volume, especially as I have managed double my orders currently to a high standard. I have also noticed many other TRS sellers within my industry low on orders and lower level sellers ranking higher and also charging just as much for their services.

Honestly at this point I have no idea, i like to think of it as the tide, it comes in, in goes out and changes and all you can do is focus on delivering high quality work.

Yes Frank is right.

I was once have a thought that having an order queue will help to get more orders so I delay some of my orders to draw other orders.

But it’s not working

As I said I will get back to you when I get a chance.

Thank you for spending your time to help me.

I really appreciate that.

Yes, that’s what I meant. Fiverr wants to see people focusing on what they can do best, and not on a variety of gigs that may perform less.

I think focusing is key.

This sounds more and more like your gigs underperforming.

Performance can be calculated by whether or not you respond to order updates, whether or not you get bad private reviews, suffer cancellations, etc.

It’s not just replying to messages nd delivering on time anymore.

And yes, Fiverr is not transparent when they say that a gig needs to meet certain standards to qualify for a promotion, and then not state what those standards are.

But that’s how it is.

I can’t tell you what to do. But seeing as you are ready faced with a slump in sales, trying something drastic can’t possibly make things worse?

On another note, I called for an emergency meeting with my SM tomorrow.

Like I said, I am too faced with a slump in sales currently.

It only just occurred to me, that I had the same experience about 2 months ago. And when I had another call with my SM, she said everything was fine except for my conversion rate.

Not saying this applies to you, but I think it is yet another piece of the puzzle.

Thank you very much for sharing this observation @frank_d 😮 I was thinking of getting rid of 3-4 of my gigs offering editing-proofreading and translation services as those are highly crowded subcategories and dedicate myself solely to creative writing. I have already deleted my content writing gig and launched another creative writing service in its place yesterday.

Anyways, I don’t know where I was going with this rambling 😅 I guess, I just wanted to say thank you. This and your Fiverr 3.0 post has helped solidify my decision to target my services to a more niche market. Thank you for your contribution to this forum and helping new and old sellers alike in their journey.

Thank you very much for sharing this observation @frank_d 😮 I was thinking of getting rid of 3-4 of my gigs offering editing-proofreading and translation services as those are highly crowded subcategories and dedicate myself solely to creative writing. I have already deleted my content writing gig and launched another creative writing service in its place yesterday.

Anyways, I don’t know where I was going with this rambling 😅 I guess, I just wanted to say thank you. This and your Fiverr 3.0 post has helped solidify my decision to target my services to a more niche market. Thank you for your contribution to this forum and helping new and old sellers alike in their journey.

Thank you so much for your kind words @thewritingbuff

I think part of my thesis has been confirmed with Fiverr rolling out brand new metrics.

I am very confident that this is the way to go if we are to ride this new wave of changes, and I am going to put my money where my mouth is: I already paused two gigs, plan on pausing most. Just waiting for my call tomorrow with my SM to compare stats.

I will start a new thread -probably after the forum comes back online in 3 days time- and hopefully I will have some new data/findings to share.

Please let me know how it goes on your end as well!

Dear Fiverr Seller.

I hope you all doing great today.

I am here to seek for some advise here about my gig, as I seen there is a lot of good seller here that help each other to review other gig and tell if there is something wrong / can be improved.

Please note : I’m not asking for other to purchase my gig, no I don’t asking for that. I just need some review if there is something wrong or not with my gig.

So here is the situation.

I am Fiverr Seller for almost 6 years (this September is my 6 years here) and I have work full-time here.

My first year was great and so on until my 5 years, I finished 13K+ orders, got 8K+ positive reviews, some negative reviews of course and some cancellation.

Since last year, I feel that my gig was going down. I don’t know if it’s my performance or during any algorithm or rotation. But I tried to keep up delivering high quality job, as fast as I can, maintain good delivery response time and communicate well and fast.

I tried to tweak my gig, changing the brief, changing the title, changing the tag, the image, etc.

Opening up any new service that I still can handle (related with Graphic Design job) and I got around 100 orders each months. Mostly comes from my repeat customer. And about 60% are always satisfied and giving me tip or 5 star review.

I was elligible to use promoted gig service. It helps me to get more sales, especially from new customer.

But yesterday, I got a notification that my gig is unqualified. All of my gig, then I’m not able to promote my gig anymore.

I have contact Fiverr Support, but they can’t tell me what is going wrong with my gig.

I just feel that I’m not lowering down my work quality, I try even work harder and faster and still got a good review, tip and repeat customer.

Some are new customer and then they repeat order with me.

For me, it seems that my job is doing well. But here I’m trying to ask for any other help to see, if there is something wrong with my gig.

Maybe there is some hole or something wrong that I didn’t see that cause my gig performance going down.

If you have any time, any experience seller here, some that I know are active on this forum @vickiespencer , @lloydsolutions , @genuineguidance , @misscrystal , @frank_d or anybody else, would you please have a look at my gig and tell me if there is something wrong with my performance or something that I can do to improve my gig.

P.S : I have read @frank_d post about Fiverr 3.0

Hey everyone! [frank hello] A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”. This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought. Hold up. Fiverr 3.0? If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) a…

and found out that my order response rate are so down (91%). I’m working on it now to improve it.

This is something that I feel is bad, but could it cause me to be thrown out of promoted gig section and being called my gig is unqualified?

Any suggestion, bad or good, I will really appreciate it.

As I can’t seek for another help (I tried to ask Customer Support to help me find out, what is going wrong, but they can’t).

Thank you in advance for your help.

I really appreciate your help.

And please forgive me if my English language is bad and there is some mistake on grammar or spelling.

please have a look at my gig and tell me if there is something wrong with my performance or something that I can do to improve my gig.

I took a look at your profile. What strikes me is that your gig images. If you improved your gig thumbnails to stand out from your competition, they would attract more buyers. I recently updated all of my gig thumbnails and already have had orders on gigs that I had not received orders on for a very long time.

I also have noticed that when I have fewer gigs, my conversion rate goes up. So maybe getting rid of the gigs that are underperforming as @frank_d suggested will help.

please have a look at my gig and tell me if there is something wrong with my performance or something that I can do to improve my gig.

I took a look at your profile. What strikes me is that your gig images. If you improved your gig thumbnails to stand out from your competition, they would attract more buyers. I recently updated all of my gig thumbnails and already have had orders on gigs that I had not received orders on for a very long time.

I also have noticed that when I have fewer gigs, my conversion rate goes up. So maybe getting rid of the gigs that are underperforming as @frank_d suggested will help.

Thank you for your time to check my gig.

I will try to improve my gig image to become better.

And I try to paused some of my gig too, so I can be more focused on what I think it’s the best from me.

The thing is, couple days ago I just paused 7 of my gig and the next day, I lose my promoted gig section.

I don’t know if it’s related or not, cause about 5 out of 7 from my gig that I paused are eligible at the first for promoted gig.

I don’t know if it’s related or not, maybe you have some experience with that?

Yes, that’s what I meant. Fiverr wants to see people focusing on what they can do best, and not on a variety of gigs that may perform less.

I think focusing is key.

Performance can be calculated by whether or not you respond to order updates, whether or not you get bad private reviews, suffer cancellations, etc.

And yes, Fiverr is not transparent when they say that a gig needs to meet certain standards to qualify for a promotion, and then not state what those standards are.

But that’s how it is.

I can’t tell you what to do. But seeing as you are ready faced with a slump in sales, trying something drastic can’t possibly make things worse?

It only just occurred to me, that I had the same experience about 2 months ago. And when I had another call with my SM, she said everything was fine except for my conversion rate.

Not saying this applies to you, but I think it is yet another piece of the puzzle.

Thank you again for responding to my comments.

I know there is a lot of metrics that can determine our gig quality.

I’m not saying that I just Care about delivery time and replying message.

I try to deliver it before the deadline. Or based on your Fiverr 3.0 thread, before Fiverr send me 12 hours time left email.

I try to give more to client. If they request 1, I gave 2 or 3.

If they purchase without source file, I gave it for free, etc.

I tried to maintain all cancellation, so it happened for this 6 months I never got any cancellation.

I never send any message to my return customer asking for job.

I tried to respond as fast as I can.

I try to enroll fiverr learn course to help me get improved, taking a skill test.

I know there is a lot of metrics.

If you know something that I missed out from all the point I mention above, I would be grateful if you can tell me.

Cause If I see it from my point of view, I can’t see the whole. Maybe I miss something.

except for my conversion rate .

This is really interesting.

Is this maybe the reason why now I can’t be use promoted gig section.

Maybe Fiverr see that a lot of people see and click my ads, but didn’t turn into Sales.

So that’s why Fiverr help to protect us seller, from being spend too much money for promoted gig.

Thanks for sharing this, it means I have to do something to make sure EVERYONE that click my gig will at least 60% above turn to purchase.

Thanks a lot for sharing with me all your perspective above.

Thank you so much for your kind words @thewritingbuff

I think part of my thesis has been confirmed with Fiverr rolling out brand new metrics.

I am very confident that this is the way to go if we are to ride this new wave of changes, and I am going to put my money where my mouth is: I already paused two gigs, plan on pausing most. Just waiting for my call tomorrow with my SM to compare stats.

I will start a new thread -probably after the forum comes back online in 3 days time- and hopefully I will have some new data/findings to share.

Please let me know how it goes on your end as well!

I already paused two gigs, plan on pausing most.

When you paused your gig, is that gig have any reviews on it?

I think focusing is key.

But that’s how it is.

private reviews

Is there any private reviews here on Fiverr?

Thank you for your time to check my gig.

I will try to improve my gig image to become better.

And I try to paused some of my gig too, so I can be more focused on what I think it’s the best from me.

The thing is, couple days ago I just paused 7 of my gig and the next day, I lose my promoted gig section.

I don’t know if it’s related or not, cause about 5 out of 7 from my gig that I paused are eligible at the first for promoted gig.

No, I do not. I have the feature, but only used it when it was new.

Yes, there is. I call them secret reviews because they are given without the seller being aware of them. Here are the two that I recently received when I placed an order.

13390878_ScreenShot2021-05-07at9_37_27AM.thumb.png.e52d1f8ce54d315a397c15cb78dcf544.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.37.27 AM1388×1128 70 KB

1178764890_ScreenShot2021-05-06at9_18_29AM.thumb.png.6e6d9b6b91ae4c3b6eca77d7a81231a4.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.18.29 AM1354×1090 42.2 KB

Yes, there is. I call them secret reviews because they are given without the seller being aware of them. Here are the two that I recently received when I placed an order.

Oh okay, this is new for me.

Thanks for sharing this.

Did this review Sent to personal email or on the Fiverr Web?

And is it mandatory or not for a buyer to fill it?

Archived