Need some help please

asmaashehata

You should read the forum, academy and listen to the podcasts. There is standard advice that you should follow first.

For you specifically, in your profile you mention things that aren’t relevant to your gigs. Make it more personal and relevant.

And I’d recommend to anyone starting out to have a few different gigs in different categories so that you see more buyer requests.

Blaise, I’m guessing, is going to tell you that you speaking to the camera is more effective than animated explainer videos like the one you have, and this advice is good for most situations. However, depending on your English speaking skills, a personal video could be a step backward. Certainly your explainer video is not to-the-point enough, and has enough grammatical errors to throw your English skills into question.

Certainly no one is going to ask you to translate something into English unless they themselves don’t realize how limited your English is. To fix that, you would need to fix or remove the explainer video and have a native English speaker edit your profile, which has numerous errors. Unfortunately this puts you in a position of overpromising on your ability to create a professional English translation.

Truly, you are off to a good start. Your profile and gigs look better than most newbies who come here for advice. I wish you the best. 🙂

You should read the forum, academy and listen to the podcasts. There is standard advice that you should follow first.

For you specifically, in your profile you mention things that aren’t relevant to your gigs. Make it more personal and relevant.

And I’d recommend to anyone starting out to have a few different gigs in different categories so that you see more buyer requests.

thank you 🙂 for your advice

Blaise, I’m guessing, is going to tell you that you speaking to the camera is more effective than animated explainer videos like the one you have, and this advice is good for most situations. However, depending on your English speaking skills, a personal video could be a step backward. Certainly your explainer video is not to-the-point enough, and has enough grammatical errors to throw your English skills into question.

Certainly no one is going to ask you to translate something into English unless they themselves don’t realize how limited your English is. To fix that, you would need to fix or remove the explainer video and have a native English speaker edit your profile, which has numerous errors. Unfortunately this puts you in a position of overpromising on your ability to create a professional English translation.

Truly, you are off to a good start. Your profile and gigs look better than most newbies who come here for advice. I wish you the best. 🙂

Dear Asmaa:

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: No suggestions.

Your log line: Your Egyptian Translation Connection

Your profile text – note the edits:

Hello, my skills include conversational English, translation from English to Arabic, research and data entry. I am familar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. I also have some experience with web design and C++. I’m here to help you. -Asmaa

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs, and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS.* Include additional samples in the video!

You have too many errors to claim perfection, so you should compensate for that. Your gig prices make no sense from the Buyer’s point of view, so you need to finetune them.

Bottom line: you have a lot of work to do, starting with the links below and including hard work on your English skills. Hopefully you are taking advantage of the many online resources available to you for practicing your English.

Good luck,

Blaise

*Bonus points to Bob for his uncanny guess! By the way, Asmaa, take a look at Bob’s gigs, especially his videos, to see how effective this approach can be. The ironic thing is that even though I offer this advice to others, I’m ugly and have a horrible speaking voice, which is why I don’t follow my own advice…

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks

Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]

Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Fiverr Support.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here. It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through all the material.

If you haven’t already read Strengths Finder 2.0 and taken that assessment, I suggest you do so, because it should give you the language to express your strengths and help you to brainstorm some gigs for which you are especially well qualified. Check out the writing of Chris Guillebeau and Tim Ferriss. By Josh Kaufman, I recommend The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything… Fast!

and The Personal MBA. Also, you could read Influence by Robert Cialdini and Get Anyone to Do Anything by David J. Lieberman.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist

Seller Tip Trilogy

3 Top Tips and Tricks

Fiverr Anywhere Video Tutorial

How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?

Buyer Requests 1

Buyer Requests 2

Tips for Non-Native English Speakers

Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV

SEO Idea

54 Sales in Our First Month

7 Tips for Upselling