Need suggestions for an order status!

manishi11

Hello fellow sellers,

I have a weird situation on one of the orders. Needed your suggestions on how to deal with it.

On one of my gig, i offer creation of pie charts on excel. I have clearly mentioned on the gig to send a message to me before placing the order directly.

This client places the order directly, without checking with me and wanted 3d pie charts. I gave him 7 different options to chose from as final delivery and offered to deliver his selected option with the excel sheet separately. order time ran out in waiting for his response and later he comes back saying that the given options were not 3d. He compared it with the sample pie charts created on illustrator. Illustrator is not my forte and i did the best i could in excel, and after his response, updated him that the sample pie charts were created on illustrator and were not possible to achieve on excel.

Now, situation is that he says it doesn’t meet what he was expecting and i have worked for 2 days on his order. All the efforts and time i invested for his $5 order was a lot more than any other order i did in past.

He also accepted the delivery of the order and now he is asking for the cancellation. I am not able to decide what i should do in such case. If it gets cancelled, it won’t be fair for me, since i had put in so much of efforts and time. If i don’t cancel the order mutually, then i feel i did not do justice towards the client.

Pls suggest!

manishi11 said: order time ran out in waiting for his response and later he comes back saying that the given options were not 3d.

First mistake, if the buyer doesn't answer prompt cancellation before the order runs late! Otherwise the lateness will affects your ratio and level here on Fiverr.

manishi11 said: he says it doesn't meet what he was expecting

Personal taste is not a reason to justifiable reason to cancel. If what was delivered is what you advertised you are doing the right thing. With that said, the Buyer should have contacted you beforehand if it was noted in your Gig detail. I would not have worked on anything till the Buyer understood what they in fact purchased, and what they're requesting is not what you advertise.

manishi11 said: He also accepted the delivery of the order and now he is asking for the cancellation.

If you deliver work, remember if the Buyer cancels you still have legal rights to the work created - be sure the buyer is aware of this. They do not get work for free, and if you find they're using it it's a Copyright issue.

I wouldn't accept cancellation if the Buyer accepted it, then later changed their mind. I would talk to them first as to why they want to cancel. Let them know they're not only paying for the work, but the time it takes you to complete it. Hope this helps and good luck next time! :)

Archived