Fiverr Community Forum

Need To Add Gender option and ID card verification system in fiverr

Hello everybody,
I am Jayanto Chowdhury. I used Fiverr many days. Suddenly I see a Mistake in Fiverr. This mistake is Fiverr don’t have any Gender option on their website. I guess it’s essential for identify every Fiverr seller’s account. Because I see somebody uses the Male name but use female photos in his or her profile Or They are male but they use a female name on their account. So, it’s not fair. And I see many people use Multiple accounts in Fiverr Using a different name. They are able to create Multiple accounts because Fiverr doesn’t have any account verification system to verify user identity. So, It’s a violation of Fiverr TOS. If Fiverr Build up a system, If somebody creates new Fiverr account then they must need to verify their identity using their country provided Any ID card (Such as National ID Card, Passport etc). I guess Then it helps to identify every seller profile and They aren’t able to create multiple accounts & fake profile.
This is my opinion If you guess it’s an issue then please decide on my suggestion.
Thanks

4 Likes

Fiverr was designed so that all users have anonymity - it doesn’t matter what gender, age, colour, nationality etc. users are.

If a user is male but wants to identify as female, that’s fine, and vice versa.

Anybody who wants to break the ToS will find a way to do it, whether they use a photo of a female celebrity, a logo or anything else.

I have no photo identification of any sort, and wouldn’t want to have to get one just to sell on Fiverr. I sell on other online marketplaces without anybody being aware of my gender - why should Fiverr be any different?

12 Likes

In addition to what @offlinehelpers said, Fiverr isn’t a dating site. In most cases, seller’s gender is irrelevant.

12 Likes

ok. But National ID card verification It’s important or not?

Nope - don’t have one! :sunny:

6 Likes

In some countries, it’s not mandatory to have it. I doubt that anyone would want to get one just to be able to sell on Fiverr.

6 Likes

Why should you care about identity or gender if the seller delivers you a good service?

5 Likes

:thinking:

Do you think females use pics of males to lure in buyers?

Or the male population assumes using a hot chick pic will increase sales?

OK, what about the people using pics of monsters, logos, and characters like this?

Scary Stuff

6 Likes

So you think it’s a good idea to have identifiers such as:

religion?

Or just gender is the important one?

7 Likes

I think harassment could be an issue in that case. I believe some sellers already do get unwanted attention in that front, just by using a sexy picture (Or alternatively just being sexy), even if they are of the opposing gender.

ID verification I do agree about. Creates lots of trust, to know sellers are who they claim to be. I see tons of identical looking accounts selling duplicate services, so I believe those are the same person.

1 Like

Gender does come into play in the voiceover category. Can’t have a male voiceover doing a female voiceover, but other than someone wanting or needed a female/male spokesperson, on-camera video I don’t see the point.

2 Likes

I want to like this five times! :heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

:purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::heart::+1:

2 Likes

Well, maybe and maybe not. Salespeople on the other end of the phone line when I answer frequently think I am a guy because I have a deeper voice. Maybe I have a future as a male voice over person.

2 Likes

That’s funny. You could offer both options maybe.

1 Like

Yeah . I Saw many Blog Posts & Youtube Videos about that

1 Like

If proving identity is a problem to a seller, then perhaps Fiverr isn’t the right place for their shady business.

I think Fiverr is pretty trustworthy company to give private details to. But sure, there is a risk that any site can get hacked and private information stolen.

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification process where Fiverr users are required to submit their national/international identification documents (passport/driver’s license/national ID card). Sellers who refuse/fail to verify their ID, for whatever reason, face account closure/suspension; they will no longer be able to sell on Fiverr. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how things are right now.

And, I am pretty sure Fiverr did not start this ID verification process just because the OP started this thread. So, I don’t see the point in rebuking the OP. Besides, this is a public forum. Forum users have the right/freedom to say whatever they want so long as they abide by the forum’s rules and guidelines.

5 Likes

Shut up Hans! Just shut up! I’m sick of hearing it.

Joke… :wink:

Seriously, where did this come from? :thinking:

6 Likes

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification

And much to the OP’s displeasure, I’m sure, it hasn’t cut down on the number of guys pretending to be attractive women. :crazy_face:

3 Likes