Need To Add Gender option and ID card verification system in fiverr

joyanto52

Hello everybody,
I am Jayanto Chowdhury. I used Fiverr many days. Suddenly I see a Mistake in Fiverr. This mistake is Fiverr don’t have any Gender option on their website. I guess it’s essential for identify every Fiverr seller’s account. Because I see somebody uses the Male name but use female photos in his or her profile Or They are male but they use a female name on their account. So, it’s not fair. And I see many people use Multiple accounts in Fiverr Using a different name. They are able to create Multiple accounts because Fiverr doesn’t have any account verification system to verify user identity. So, It’s a violation of Fiverr TOS. If Fiverr Build up a system, If somebody creates new Fiverr account then they must need to verify their identity using their country provided Any ID card (Such as National ID Card, Passport etc). I guess Then it helps to identify every seller profile and They aren’t able to create multiple accounts & fake profile.
This is my opinion If you guess it’s an issue then please decide on my suggestion.
Thanks

Guest offlinehelpers

Fiverr was designed so that all users have anonymity - it doesn’t matter what gender, age, colour, nationality etc. users are.

If a user is male but wants to identify as female, that’s fine, and vice versa.

Anybody who wants to break the ToS will find a way to do it, whether they use a photo of a female celebrity, a logo or anything else.

I have no photo identification of any sort, and wouldn’t want to have to get one just to sell on Fiverr. I sell on other online marketplaces without anybody being aware of my gender - why should Fiverr be any different?

Hello everybody,

I am Jayanto Chowdhury. I used Fiverr many days. Suddenly I see a Mistake in Fiverr. This mistake is Fiverr don’t have any Gender option on their website. I guess it’s essential for identify every Fiverr seller’s account. Because I see somebody uses the Male name but use female photos in his or her profile Or They are male but they use a female name on their account. So, it’s not fair. And I see many people use Multiple accounts in Fiverr Using a different name. They are able to create Multiple accounts because Fiverr doesn’t have any account verification system to verify user identity. So, It’s a violation of Fiverr TOS. If Fiverr Build up a system, If somebody creates new Fiverr account then they must need to verify their identity using their country provided Any ID card (Such as National ID Card, Passport etc). I guess Then it helps to identify every seller profile and They aren’t able to create multiple accounts & fake profile.

This is my opinion If you guess it’s an issue then please decide on my suggestion.

Thanks

This mistake is Fiverr don’t have any Gender option on their website.

:thinking:

Do you think females use pics of males to lure in buyers?

Or the male population assumes using a hot chick pic will increase sales?

OK, what about the people using pics of monsters, logos, and characters like this?

Scary Stuff

jigsaw2.jpg.497370005e4f8cdf744102e73fef2532.jpg

Hello everybody,

Thanks

Suddenly I see a Mistake in Fiverr. This mistake is Fiverr don’t have any Gender option on their website

So you think it’s a good idea to have identifiers such as:

race

religion?

Or just gender is the important one?

I think harassment could be an issue in that case. I believe some sellers already do get unwanted attention in that front, just by using a sexy picture (Or alternatively just being sexy), even if they are of the opposing gender.

ID verification I do agree about. Creates lots of trust, to know sellers are who they claim to be. I see tons of identical looking accounts selling duplicate services, so I believe those are the same person.

Fiverr was designed so that all users have anonymity - it doesn’t matter what gender, age, colour, nationality etc. users are.

If a user is male but wants to identify as female, that’s fine, and vice versa.

Anybody who wants to break the ToS will find a way to do it, whether they use a photo of a female celebrity, a logo or anything else.

I have no photo identification of any sort, and wouldn’t want to have to get one just to sell on Fiverr. I sell on other online marketplaces without anybody being aware of my gender - why should Fiverr be any different?

I want to like this five times! ❤️

Gender does come into play in the voiceover category. Can’t have a male voiceover doing a female voiceover, but other than someone wanting or needed a female/male spokesperson, on-camera video I don’t see the point.

Well, maybe and maybe not. Salespeople on the other end of the phone line when I answer frequently think I am a guy because I have a deeper voice. Maybe I have a future as a male voice over person.

Hello everybody,

Thanks

I see somebody uses the Male name but use female photos in his or her profile Or They are male but they use a female name on their account. So, it’s not fair. And I see many people use Multiple accounts in Fiverr Using a different name.

Yeah . I Saw many Blog Posts & Youtube Videos about that

• 1 year later...

you just shut up before you cause unnecessary problems for other sellers, i wouldn’t wanna have to give out my private info just to sell on fiverr. Find something else to do and shut your mouth

If proving identity is a problem to a seller, then perhaps Fiverr isn’t the right place for their shady business.

I think Fiverr is pretty trustworthy company to give private details to. But sure, there is a risk that any site can get hacked and private information stolen.

you just shut up before you cause unnecessary problems for other sellers, i wouldn’t wanna have to give out my private info just to sell on fiverr. Find something else to do and shut your mouth

just shut up before you cause unnecessary problems for other sellers, i wouldn’t wanna have to give out my private info just to sell on fiverr. Find something else to do and shut your mouth

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification process where Fiverr users are required to submit their national/international identification documents (passport/driver’s license/national ID card). Sellers who refuse/fail to verify their ID, for whatever reason, face account closure/suspension; they will no longer be able to sell on Fiverr. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how things are right now.

And, I am pretty sure Fiverr did not start this ID verification process just because the OP started this thread. So, I don’t see the point in rebuking the OP. Besides, this is a public forum. Forum users have the right/freedom to say whatever they want so long as they abide by the forum’s rules and guidelines.

just shut up before you cause unnecessary problems for other sellers, i wouldn’t wanna have to give out my private info just to sell on fiverr. Find something else to do and shut your mouth

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification process where Fiverr users are required to submit their national/international identification documents (passport/driver’s license/national ID card). Sellers who refuse/fail to verify their ID, for whatever reason, face account closure/suspension; they will no longer be able to sell on Fiverr. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how things are right now.

And, I am pretty sure Fiverr did not start this ID verification process just because the OP started this thread. So, I don’t see the point in rebuking the OP. Besides, this is a public forum. Forum users have the right/freedom to say whatever they want so long as they abide by the forum’s rules and guidelines.

Besides, this is a public forum. Forum users have the right/freedom to say whatever they want so long as they abide by the forum’s rules and guidelines.

Shut up Hans! Just shut up! I’m sick of hearing it.

Joke… 😉

Find something else to do and shut your mouth

Seriously, where did this come from? :thinking:

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification

And much to the OP’s displeasure, I’m sure, it hasn’t cut down on the number of guys pretending to be attractive women. :crazy_face:

What about people who are under 18 and are selling on fiverr? How do they expect them to have a drivers license and NID?
Oh yeah and hackers around the world upon hearing this, fiverr might probably, most likely, definitely turn into a gold mine for cyber criminals. Thank you fiverr

What about people who are under 18 and are selling on fiverr? How do they expect them to have a drivers license and NID?

Oh yeah and hackers around the world upon hearing this, fiverr might probably, most likely, definitely turn into a gold mine for cyber criminals. Thank you fiverr

Sorry, what’s the point of resurrecting a topic from 2017 just to be rude to someone who haven’t posted since 2017 and is no longer on Fiverr? What do you hope to accomplish, other than be vulgar?

Fiverr has already started rolling out/implementing an ID verification

And much to the OP’s displeasure, I’m sure, it hasn’t cut down on the number of guys pretending to be attractive women. :crazy_face:

Surprise call to video chat would easily fix this. Hey do you have a moment to talk about climate change?

Well sure but first let’s start with why you have a female pfp? Banned

Surprise call to video chat would easily fix this. Hey do you have a moment to talk about climate change?

Well sure but first let’s start with why you have a female pfp? Banned

@felix2056 Hello, this is a very old thread. The original poster hasnt’ signed in since November 2017. No worries about this matter. Welcome!

Archived