Fiverr Community Forum

Need to get this irritating story off my chest

Hey guys,

Just gotta rant. That’s what the ranting pot is for isn’t it!

Ugh, so a classic story of a terrible buyer who make up a lot of the bottom of the barrel buyers on this website… The thing is, I’m normally really cautious and avoid working with these types but somehow this one turned out to be a terrible one despite all my efforts to look for the signs. Anyways, so this person posted a buyer’s request for a little under an hour of audio to be transcribed. I accepted it (for a measly 5 bucks which, ya, I did to myself but I was also thinking “hey in this case it’s not about the money, this is for a quick job and good review that can get my stats and traffic flow up”. So I accepted it and the message sent to me was worded very nicely and it was grammatically correct. I thought “Oh this’ll be great! This doesn’t seem like a terrible buyer at all.” They even directly specified that I didn’t have to write it verbatim and that even if the audio was tough to hear, to just make my best guess and they could work it out. So I nailed this job (amongst my otherwise very busy schedule) to get them their order fast for a better chance of a great review.

I wait two days…

And they reject it. In suddenly terrible grammar they say “It was poor quality. I’m sorry there’s nothing I can do, I am rejecting it.” W-what… I wrote like 8 pages of transcript for you. I took my time. I did it right. You literally said I could make my best guess at some parts (Cuz the audio was so terrible). So now 1) I don’t have the money. 2) I still have no reviews. 3) There’s a cancellation on my account and in my records. 4) I wasted a lot of time I could’ve been using on other actually profitable gigs.

Needless to say I was very VERY angry. But I have to say that reading all of the posts in the ranting pot about other people who had terrible experiences helped a lot. I’m not alone. And that helps! I just hope these experiences are much fewer and farer between.

Thanks for reading my rant!

3 Likes

Oh and also, this new “Available now” option they have on Fiverr…I am ineligible for it because I have too high of a cancellation right. Didn’t have that before this cancelled job. So add that as point number 5 why this totally screwed me over. Awesome…

1 Like

Why did you cancel the job? Just because they asked you to?

1 Like

I’m sorry you got scammed this way. I can’t see that you did anything wrong at all aside from possibly doing a lot of work for only $5. But you have no reviews so you had to accept the cancellation to not get a bad review.

They won’t all be like this. Hang in there.

3 Likes

Correct, was that not the right move? I was also thinking of some of my past experiences where I’d get a negative review from refusing to cancel the job.

Thanks very much! I appreciate the encouraging words a lot. I try my best to avoid these types of situations so it stinks when they come anyways.

I am sorry for your bad experience.

5 Likes

I’m a little confused. You said you have no reviews but you have negative reviews?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, the “I still have no reviews” was referring to the fact that after doing all this work for this particular client, I still don’t have a good review to show for it.

1 Like

Awe, I’m sorry this happened. You gotta love those wonderfully terrible buyers.
It’s OK though, it seems like you are doing fine, and when you encounter a terrible buyer, you usually get a great buyer right after that ( at least from my experience)
Here’s to your next order ( a big one too), with a huge tip! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Definitely do not be discouraged, although it does happen (not only here but every freelance site) it will hopefully be very rare. Keep pushing, it only takes a few jobs/reviews to really get the ball rolling here and I’ve found 99% of my buyers are incredible, never an issue!

2 Likes

Wow thank you! I appreciate the toast as well! :laughing::blush::sparkling_heart::sun_with_face:

1 Like

What an encouraging message! Man it’s messages like these that I need to read to keep me going. Thank you for your words, they help a ton!!

2 Likes