Need to rant about a buyer...sorry!

I just really need to rant about this and I know many sellers here will understand.

A buyer placed an order and I was happy to do it, once it showed up on my queue (not actually sure why it didn’t show up right away since there was no PayPal problem…never mind). When I confirmed I’d do it, the buyer decided he wanted something else doing. It was over my word limit and I asked him to order extra gigs to cover the extra words.

Since yesterday, I’m still struggling to get him to pay up the right amount. I really don’t want to cancel and I think a language barrier is part of the problem but instead of paying the full amount needed, he’s ordered a new gig for another piece of work, again, longer than my flipping word count.

The whole situation is just confusing and really starting to eat into my day. I know I could just ask for a mutual cancellation but why should I when I can do the work. The buyer says he’s order the right amount but I can’t see it. I’ve asked him to send screenshots to prove it…we’ll see…

Sorry, I just really had to rant and get it all off my chest. At the moment, my 14-month-old daughter is dealing with me shouting at the computer whenever I get another confusing and incorrect message from him.

Q: "I know I could just ask for a mutual cancellation but why should I when I can do the work."

A: “At the moment, my 14-month-old daughter is dealing with me shouting at the computer whenever I get another confusing and incorrect message from him.”

rimshot

Ain’t worth it, bae!!!

If the order didn’t show up in your queue it’s like the buyer didn’t type anything after seeing the instructions, so the order doesn’t process.

Be clear what you deliver for $5 and if he needs to buy more gigs tell him. If he refuses, just cancel the gig. I wouldn’t start the second order until you’ve resolved the first. A lot of buyers are just new to Fiverr and haven’t realised they need to buy more gigs, most do though with no problems :slight_smile:

If he says he’s bought enough, ask him to provide you with the order numbers (found in the URL or on the order pages).

Hope it gets sorted! :slight_smile:

If the buyer didn’t type anything in at first, it would have had the full delivery time when he did enter it. Instead it was already half way through. I had another order do the same and they were ordered on the same day around the same time so I think it might have been a bug. They may have showed up earlier but I definitely didn’t get a notification of the orders–through my email or in the Fiverr speech bubble thing. I’m putting that down to a bug in the system and I’m find with it.

I don’t think I could make the gig description any clearer–nobody else seems to have this problem. I was very clear about extra purchases and the buyer agreed right away but didn’t place the orders. I messaged him today to say that I was still waiting and then he said he wanted to pay less.

I’m still waiting for his proof that he’s paid the extras–just a screenshot will do right now so I can work out what’s going on.

I know the language barrier has a lot to do with this, and the fact that he really didn’t help by changing his mind half way through the delivery time.

aboredrichguy said: Q: "I know I could just ask for a mutual cancellation but why should I when I can do the work."

A: "At the moment, my 14-month-old daughter is dealing with me shouting at the computer whenever I get another confusing and incorrect message from him."

---

*rimshot*

Ain't worth it, bae!!!!

Aye, luckily she's used to me shouting at the TV when we're watching something. I can't stand historically inaccurate things, quiz shows where people get the simplest of questions wrong or shows/movies where things just simply can't happen. She just laughs at me now!

But I know it's not worth it. I'm going to give it two more days (I'm away tomorrow for my Nanna's 90th). If it's not sorted by Thursday morning, I may just cancel.

Reply to @aingham69: I’d get in touch with Fiverr if you think there’s a bug with the site. I’d also wait to see the screenshot from the buyer to prove they’ve bought enough gigs. If not, cancel and move on :slight_smile: