Need work modified? SEND A MODIFICATION REQUEST!

jdadvertising

You have paid your money for a service, and expect to be satisfied. There are many sellers, myself included who do their utmost to ensure you are totally happy with the service you paid for.

HOWEVER, to the buyers who fail time and time again to do this one thing, a very important heads up; need work modified? Send a MODIFICATION REQUEST!

Some Buyers’ reasoning (That i got):

-"Why? I’ve sent updates and sellers respond"

Because updates, are not always received. And depending on the work load of the seller, they may be seen but forgotten with the flood of new work, or interested buyers.

When you send a modification request, your order gets back on the to do list, and doesn’t move until the seller re-delivers.

-"I don’t have time for all that!"

Then you shouldn’t waste your already limited time, rudely demanding modifications on a closed order.

-"Why? when i can send multiple updates and send to his/her inbox until they respond"

When you begin a gig, KEEP ALL MESSAGES PERTAINING TO THE GIG IN THE GIG ORDER!!! Do not split up messages, as this can cause confusion and misunderstanding. To avoid it, keep gig related issues, within the order. Also if you really have to send so many updates, by now you should see the modification request option. Kindly Use It!

-"Some sellers don’t like when I send modification requests. They get very upset"

Listen, YOU paid for a service, it is YOUR RIGHT to utilize the system properly when you desire something modified.

Review thoroughly the delivered work and submit a list of the desired mods. This is to avoid what may come across as abuse of the modification request feature. (Every time a Seller submits work/mods, you find something new wrong with the very changes you asked to have made/the initial information you gave.)

Be mindful that after delivery an order closes automatically after 3 days.

Unless an unforeseen situation presents itself, LET YOUR SELLER KNOW that you may be unavailable for awhile. He/she would advise you to send a modification request to keep the order open until you are settled and can focus on it’s completion.

DO NOT EXPECT to have work done on a CLOSED order! You paid yes, but your paid order had closed! So you’re not obligated to anything. There are sellers that would still help you out, but don’t expect it from everyone. More so DO NOT Demand it. Asking kindly if they can facilitate you first, would be best.

You may mean well, but please, the system has been built with certain features for the betterment of everyone. Don’t abuse them, but make use of them.

Very nice post.

Yes you guess it right that sellers change their priority when they got busy in new order or work.

But when buyer Request modification they got an alert 😛

Buyers also need to point out the changes in discussion first. Clicking straight to "Request Modification’ is very irritating. If the seller don’t give positive response for your pointed changes then you have to click on the ‘Request Modification’ .

Well for both sellers and buyers , they have to follow professional ethics. I will help to make long term business relationship.

Yes its buyer right to sent modification until they have satisfaction, every seller should take care of that, it takes there relationship longer, Seller also have right to get clear of point, i mean buyer should not take misuse of that issue, i think at the end of the day every seller always need order from buyer, after all seller pay for every service,

“When you begin a gig, KEEP ALL MESSAGES PERTAINING TO THE GIG IN THE GIG ORDER!!! Do not split up messages, as this can cause confusion and misunderstanding. To avoid it, keep gig related issues, within the order.”

^^^This! YES! Why is it so hard for buyers to send instructions through the order page? I constantly have to copy and paste messages to keep things straight because buyers simply don’t get it. Good post!

I completely agree as it has just happened to me again after sending a completed order and going off on a Bank Holiday weekend and received messages threatening to leave a bad review if I don’t respond and they asked for something that was not even part of the order.

We are all a small business, consistency is key and agree everything should go through the order page, as it helps buyers and sellers alike and keeps it simple.

Some of the sellers dont read the brief in the first place. I placed an order and the seller produced the item in 2 days. The seller did not bother to read my specs so i submitted a modification. It then took them 2 days to even reply…and the response was…we have put your order in the modification queue and it was take 2 days to reply.

I wish i could cancel but also submit negative feedback as well as this sucks

Reply to @googlemaster: Oh wow, i am sorry to hear this! I do know sometimes orders can pile up and some buyers are more aggressive than others. So sellers find themselves bending over backwards to get the jobs of those buyers (spawns of satan) out of the way. The most i can say is to see if you do actually get your modification, however if it is on a deadline, let the seller know. If still they haven’t responded to your order within 24hrs, Contact Fiverr directly and explain the issue.

I do hope things work out for the better! On behalf of that seller i apologize. Not all sellers do this kind of thing. But sometimes things get a little tough to control.

Reply to @gingerwriter: Thank you!! And this has come from months of dealing with the nonsense!! Some buyers are truly new and need to system explained, but then there are those who could careless and do what they want and expect you to just scramble and pick up the bits and pieces and create them a master piece -_-.

jdadvertising said: Listen, YOU paid for a service, it is YOUR RIGHT to utilize the system properly when you desire something modified.

Just to add to this for Buyers who don't know: Requesting Modifications for a delivered order, are not be done based on personal taste. This is Fiverr's policy. While a Buyer have 'the right' to utilize the system I importance of understand the misuse of the feature is a violating this policy.

The request for modification feature is only to be used if what's delivered is clearly not what is advertised (their Gig says they take pictures of an orange, and you get an apple delivered to you).

If there are issues regarding what is delivered to you based on personal taste, Buyers are prompted by this same address this to their seller and communicate their concerns to them.

From Fiverr's Terms of Service: "Buyers may use the "Request Modifications" feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller's description on their Gig page or the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process."

"Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation."

I agree that it's best to encourage proper use of the system and educate Buyers proper use of the system as Fiverr directs. When it comes to issues related to the order (personal taste) communication as recommended by Fiverr. This is what the order message system is for and why it's still active once an order is delivered till it's marked as delivered. Communicate is key to a successful order. Great tips! :)

I personally am not a big fan of the Modification Button, it is far to open to abuse. I have been selling digital downloads for 15 years now long before Fiverr started and it was standard practice not to modify after final proof has been sent, it’s the same with printers the onus was on the buyer providing the correct information to the seller beforehand, a printer would charge a fee for re run, a voiceover artist the same or graphic designer. I personally would like to see modifications as part of the extras and some kind of tick box for buyers to check that all information is correct before ordering.

I love Fiverr it’s a fantastic platform for all of us and I love being part of such a cool community 🙂

Reply to @thepromogirl: With all due respect, it is clear that you didnt properly read the rest of the area where you took the quote from.

So as much as i do respect your thoughts and additions, kindly read what i said in it’s entirety and you would very well see i mentioned to not abuse the modification request system. Thank You.

jdadvertising said: Listen, YOU paid for a service, it is YOUR RIGHT to utilize the system properly when you desire something modified.
Review thoroughly the delivered work and submit a list of the desired mods. This is to avoid what may come across as abuse of the modification request feature. (Every time a Seller submits work/mods, you find something new wrong with the very changes you asked to have made/the initial information you gave.)

Can somebody help me here, please. My order was “delivered” so to speak on 5th May. It It wasnt complete. Seller just took down an old template and fixed up a new one. And then he completely went dead. Only when I hit the REQUEST MODIFICATION button on 7th did he reply saying sorry he was not on Fiverr for 2 days. He did a little bit of work after that like put in the API key for Facebook and then he disappeared again. Went dead. No communication. Today is the 11th. Come on! My business is being delayed.

I am new to fiverr but in the short time (now 3 weeks) have purchased many gigs and would entertain to purchase on a regular basis as a International workaholic. I have read all the comments and I am a manager of many groups including one on LinkedIn posting frequently to millions. I have a few greivances about the sellers here. Point blank, they simply do not understand instructions and I have been a business owner for 30 years with 4 companies. For example, I have been looking for a content writer for over 2 weeks. So far, 4 keep writing that they will write an article after given specific instructions with attachments. I am a good communicator. I explicitely advised the sellers that I required SEO content for one of my web sites and was looking for a gig to start on the first two pages of the site. If satisfied, I would forge ahead with the remainder of content for the site and my needs for a blogger. After I made the submission and payment for thre gig(s), the seller came back to me with a seller’s "notifications that they required additional information to proceed with the “article” I requested. It appeared that they either did not read the prima facie instructions or completely ignored them. This happened with 2 of them twice which was extremely frustrating days after they were paid and days after I expected the service to be completed.

One ‘content writer’ seller did not get back to me at all after 6 days. I was curious to I wrote back advising her that if there was a reporting system, I would do exactly that. That immediately illicited a reply that she said she was sick with appendicitis. LOL

Another, I today sent me some example of her work after requesting same and her sample were atrocious. She could not even spell and her grammer was off the charts. Another sent me a sample where she used keywords throughout and there was no useful content. You might get some SEO out of it but the reader would tune out immediately.

To be contrite, some were even rude when I asked for revisions or your ‘modifications’ but I felt I had to be very tender in my requests because it offended them. To date, my experiences here more so with the content writers have ben very unsatisfactory to say the least. The web designer promised me a 3-day deliver and it is 6 days and I have not even heard a whisper from him. Not very professional. The site does not display any ‘contact us’ or ‘safety and trust’ team someone wrote here. I also see the buyers getting bashed on this forum by the sellers. The other sellers I have had good experiences with albeit some with other excuses which I have documented all being an Investigator.

Reply to @serialsavior: Wow! I am utterly sorry for what you have endured. But buyers are not necessarily bashed unless they deem themselves guilty, of the very thing that peeved the seller’s post.

If you read higher up i said, it is your right to request a modification. If they get angry, then don’t waste time. Cancel and move on. There are some sellers who bend over backwards to meet the needs of some buyers and are disrespected or are even taken advantage of. So in instances of irritability when you request a modification, it can either be a worn out seller, or a seller who is simply taking this for game. You would know as you go along, whether to pull the plug on the project, or give them a fair chance.

There are many crappy, unprofessional sellers and there are buyers who spawn from hell. At the end of the day, YOU as a buyer are to do your part and if unsatisfied, relay your concerns to your seller. If heads are bumped, find a seller who WILL satisfy your demands. Time is something one doesn’t have enough of to waste away.

Do not take advantage of the system, but ensure you’re happy. Proper and Polite Communication is Always key!

Our job as a sellers, is to keep going [within set guidelines] until the buyer is beyond satisfied with our services. And there are many other sellers who display this.

So sir, I apologize on behalf of those sellers you had to face, but i do assure you a fantastic Seller who will assist you properly will be found.

I wish you all the best!

I couldn’t agree more. Today for example a seller delivered nothing, she just wrote a question. So I requested a modification, and answered her question. This way the order won’t get marked as complete in 3-days. Some sellers are sneaky.

As for buyers, they need to understand e-mails get lost, delivered orders dissappear from the queue, when they request a modification, we get that big red “REJECTED” button on Manage Sales which let us know our buyer isn’t happy.

Agree with above, as with many other walks of life you will always get good and bad sellers, on here is no exception. When I have purchased as a buyer I have never actually pay the standard $5 anymore after receiving a really bad file for a basic $5 gig , I now always pay extras attached to receive higher quality and more professional service.

I do think the old saying, you get what you pay for is true on here as well and I personally will more than likely buy from sellers offering a professional extra or higher quality product, than a standard gig, as it literally can be the toss of a coin. I hope you find sellers that work for you serialsavior.

Reply to @stuartjsmith: Some sellers still do great work for $5, so don’t lose hope. If you don’t need something right away, you might want to try the seller with a $5 order first.

What I value the most is quality in the shortest amount of time possible. If that means paying $10 to get it in 2-days, I will do it.

In the end, I like the variety of options. It’s true that sometimes a seller can be very greedy, I hired a woman to do an book cover design, and she wanted extra for color. I decided to accept the black & white version, since it was nice. I don’t think color should be extra, but that’s my view. In the future I will try someone else.

I agree there are some fantastic gigs on here for $5 and would not hesitate to try others.

Back to modifications, I will give it until the end of the month and see how it goes, getting fed up with it now, something has clearly changed over the last couple of months as Fiverr gets more popular.

Archived