Negative Experience with Buyer

nickwilson777

Hi Everyone,

Three days before I got an order that wasn’t an easy task to complete. The buyer ordered at a minimum price which is $10. But it wasn’t a job of $10. It took approximately more then 10 hours to complete. Keep in your mind my hourly rate is $5. I don’t want to cancel the order because cancellation effect my order deliver rate which is not acceptable for me so I complete the work and submit to buyer. Suddenly after one day buyer send me modification request and ask me for more work so I refused so she threat me I will open a dispute and I will complain to CS so I complete more work for her and submit again. My delivery time is already gone because she give me one day for that order. After 24 hours she send me again modification request and she ask me for more work so I refused again and said to her if you need more work than you have to place a new order but she said I will complaint to you CS if you don’t want to do more work for me than cancel the order and refund my amount so I did it without wasting a time because I don’t afford complaint or negative review from her on my profile. I complaint to CS with screenshots and cs reply me back

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the buyer’s behavior toward you. We are really sorry to hear about this negative experience.

We are reviewing the buyer’s behavior with our Trust & Safety Team. Due to our Privacy Policy, we won’t be able to share any details about the buyer or the actions taken.

Please let me know if you experience any other type of issue or inconvenience, we will be more than happy to help."

So I reply back to Cs

“There should have options for sellers to accept/reject an order.”

So cs reply me back

We appreciate your comments! We really do. Ill forward them to our Product department so they can review.

You offer unlimited revisions on your $10 basic package gigs. The buyer is, therefore, allowed to keep asking for more work and revisions for as long as she wants.The buyer was not wrong to ask for more work from you when you willingly offer unlimited revisions.

You offer unlimited revisions on your $10 basic package gigs. The buyer is, therefore, allowed to keep asking for more work and revisions for as long as she wants.The buyer was not wrong to ask for more work from you when you willingly offer unlimited revisions.

The buyer is, therefore, allowed to keep asking for more work and revisions for as long as she wants

Though technically, according to the service, I think it’s really only supposed to be for if it doesn’t match the gig description or the initial order requirements.

From the terms of service:

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.

Though it doesn’t say “only if…”.

The buyer is, therefore, allowed to keep asking for more work and revisions for as long as she wants

Though technically, according to the service, I think it’s really only supposed to be for if it doesn’t match the gig description or the initial order requirements.

From the terms of service:

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.

Though it doesn’t say “only if…”.

Unlimited revisions are still “unlimited revisions”. 😉

To be honest, I’m not sure why Fiverr allows this as an option, since so many “sellers” seem to think it will bring them more sales, and then complain when buyers actually take them up on the unlimited revisions guarantee.

Unlimited revisions are still “unlimited revisions”. 😉

To be honest, I’m not sure why Fiverr allows this as an option, since so many “sellers” seem to think it will bring them more sales, and then complain when buyers actually take them up on the unlimited revisions guarantee.

I agree there shouldn’t really be an option for “Unlimited”. Maybe around 5 max.

Though it still doesn’t stop the buyer asking for tons of changes (eg. 14 separate things they want changing, which could take as long as the original delivery) in one revision request.

I agree there shouldn’t really be an option for “Unlimited”. Maybe around 5 max.

Though it still doesn’t stop the buyer asking for tons of changes (eg. 14 separate things they want changing, which could take as long as the original delivery) in one revision request.

Still sounds better than 14 revision requests. 😝

I support the proposition for sellers to be able to accept or reject orders. I have a writing gig of $5 for 500 words, buyer placed an order and indicated 750 words without letting me know first. I did it as a bonus, but the buyer later turned out to be unappreciative. Still came back to place more orders. At that point, I wished I could reject orders

I’m sorry you had such a bad experience. Maybe you could increase your price a bit to discourage such bad buyers. The ones like you got are attracted to a very low price.

Maybe you could increase your price a bit to discourage such bad buyers. The ones like you got are attracted to a very low price.

That’s a really good advice. I did that long ago and it really works!

Hi Everyone,

Three days before I got an order that wasn’t an easy task to complete. The buyer ordered at a minimum price which is $10. But it wasn’t a job of $10. It took approximately more then 10 hours to complete. Keep in your mind my hourly rate is $5. I don’t want to cancel the order because cancellation effect my order deliver rate which is not acceptable for me so I complete the work and submit to buyer. Suddenly after one day buyer send me modification request and ask me for more work so I refused so she threat me I will open a dispute and I will complain to CS so I complete more work for her and submit again. My delivery time is already gone because she give me one day for that order. After 24 hours she send me again modification request and she ask me for more work so I refused again and said to her if you need more work than you have to place a new order but she said I will complaint to you CS if you don’t want to do more work for me than cancel the order and refund my amount so I did it without wasting a time because I don’t afford complaint or negative review from her on my profile. I complaint to CS with screenshots and cs reply me back

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the buyer’s behavior toward you. We are really sorry to hear about this negative experience.

We are reviewing the buyer’s behavior with our Trust & Safety Team. Due to our Privacy Policy, we won’t be able to share any details about the buyer or the actions taken.

Please let me know if you experience any other type of issue or inconvenience, we will be more than happy to help."

So I reply back to Cs

So cs reply me back

We appreciate your comments! We really do. Ill forward them to our Product department so they can review.

We appreciate your comments! We really do.

lol this sounds verrry sarcastic.

I agree with @jonbaas. Something I’ve learned is to be honest with your service and offerings. If you truly want to give unlimited revisions, be prepared for buyers to request many! It’s usually a bad idea to just mention you give unlimited revisions just to make a sale.

Hi Everyone,

So I reply back to Cs

So cs reply me back

But it wasn’t a job of $10. It took approximately more then 10 hours to complete.

So why did you do it? Where you afraid of lowering your order completion rate? You should have sent him a custom offer for the difference.

I don’t fear the order completion rate, although ironically, mine is 88% at this point. I fear the overall rating, it has taken me forever to raise it to 4.8, and now 4.9.

Archived