Negative Rating Due to Greedy Buyers!

Hi;

I am really annoyed with how fiverr handles sellers who cancel orders…

I had one customer who made a order but expected the extras for $5. After explaining that he was required to purchase the extras he said he would not buy them, and if I wont do it to go ahead and cancel the gig.

I cancelled the gig and now I have a 95% rating! (I honestly thought the message said: “It has no effect on your rating!”) I must have read it wrong.

I have worked REALLY hard to keep my 100% rating. I have emailed support around 3 days ago with no response.

I just read the TOS on fiverr - "A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (“Force Cancellation”). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller’s rating."

WELL - It WAS WITH CONSENT! The seller clearly stated, that if I wont do it all for $5 then cancel the order. Now I have a negative rating. My gigs can take between 1-5 hours to complete soI work hard for such a small amount.

I think this is really un-justified. I dont think sellers should be punished if a gig is cancelled, especially for good reason, all becuase a buyer expects everything for nothing!

PLUS - Support needs to be quicker in responses. Fiverr takes at least a buck from every gig, I am sure they can afford more staff!! This comes hand in hand with a successful website.

I am new to fiverr and I haven’t had a chance to contact support just yet. Unfortunately, this thing about slow responses and days on end without a chirp from fiverr support is unnerving to say the least. Makes me wonder if they’ll be there for me when I need them. Has support always been this way to you guys or is it just now?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeh, this is know now. I am just so dissapointed. I am having hopes Fiverr with fix it for me. As they will see in the messages what the buyer wrote.

Thanks for you comment :slight_smile:

I have the same story just happened today. http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/7782/how-to-prevent-this-from-happening#Item_1

contacted support no response.

They probably dont care for the sellers.

@vedmak I dont have ANY negative feedback/reviews. All are positive, I coped the negative score due to choosing the option to cancel a order from a buyer who was too greedy. What I am saying here is, I think its wrong to even have an effect on the % score all from a cancellation, as cancellations may be different if a buyer cancels to a seller canceling. Either way, You get punished. This all stemed from a greedy buyer who wanted to world given to him for $5 bucks!

Next time, I just have to be more careful on the option to choose. As madmoo kindly mentioned.

@sayed2x2 Im feeling you friend.

*snif - ITS JUST NOT FAIR!!! - *snif *snif

This is the other point I feel Fiverr should consider, is that a cancellation is NOT a review. So here is appears as a negative review, when in fact it was from a cancellation on my (seller) behalf.

Last time I looked a the correct definition of Review means:

"A formal assessment or examination of something."

Not a cancellation. But it appears on my gig as 1 negative review.

So maybe if fiverr is reading this, perhaps they should re-evaluate this so it does not appear as a review count.

But that is my opinion in any case.

My sentiments exactly!

I have emailed support for the 2nd time, so I will post the outcome if there is ever one!

The way Fiverr handles mutual cancellations does absolutely nothing to protect the sellers against abusive or greedy buyers who purchase your gig and expect several times more work than the gig’s scope. It isn’t fair to drop my level because I didn’t want to agree to be someone’s slave for $3.80.

@netgirlfriday exactly, I dont even think the forced option WITH penalty should even be there. Maybe from a buyers end but not a sellers end.

After all its the sellers who are making fiverr the big $$$ So why punish them!

Just to update, my support ticket is now passing through its 7th day unanswered! Is fiverr taking a vacation or what they may call a "Fiverr minute/day/week/month" break. I will continue to email them to see if I get a response.

@ruzzelfiver - This is the first time it has ever taken this long before. I have only contacted them twice before a few weeks ago about my video not being on my gig after they completed a upgrade of Fiverr, for some reason my video was missing, but they could fix that issue, I was advised to re-upload it. That took them about 3-4 days from memory to reply back. The other time was within 2 days about withdrawals, cause for some reason it always goes in 21 days or more before it clears!!! (even though their terms state 14 days) This time its now running into its 7th day. I am supprised no one from Fiverr has even commented in among these forum posts just to let us know their status on the situation. I understand sometimes things happen and we get back logged sometimes, but to make no word of it from what I can see, is a bit dissapointing.

I am trying to be paitent in any case. But 7 days!!!! wow.

Yeah, they were never this slow about responses before. On my buyer account, I had to contact them about a month and a half ago in regards to a horrible seller who used profanity and other abusive language in their messages to me. I reported that seller and contacted Fiverr with screen shots of the conversation. They got back to me then in less than 24 hours I think.

Seems like they’ve just hit a rough patch, which is unfortunate. Seems like the longer they take to get through support tickets, the more issues come up. Wondering why they don’t have any positions for moderators or support staff listed in their careers with all the trouble they’re having lately?

@auws, I hope you get your issue sorted out soon. It’s not a great problem to look forward to being that I’m a brand new seller. I just hope I have to deal with as little of that as possible.

I am new to fiverr and I haven’t had a chance to contact support just yet. Unfortunately, this thing about slow responses

Yeh, this is know now. I am just so dissapointed. I am having hopes Fiverr with fix it for me. As they will see in the messages what the buyer wrote.

Thanks for you comment :slight_smile:

I have the same story just happened today. http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/7782/how-to-prevent-this-from-happening#Item_1

contacted support no response.

They probably dont care for the sellers.