Negative reviews [ARCHIVED]

zhantoo

When you go look at a gig, you can see they have maybe 1000 positive reviews, and 5 negative, and when you look at the negative ones, it can often be something ridiculous, that is uncalled for, but in case you have too look through more than a thousand reviews to find them, you often give up, so it would be neat if you could click on a button, showing all the negative reviews, and removing the rest.

What do you guys think?

I’ll find that helpful as a thoughtful buyer. If you are shopping around gigs of course you’d want to know what to expect from a seller and feedbacks - good and bad feedback both provide this info.

While shopping around for gigs, I find it sometimes frustrating when checking out the text for the bad feedback because sometimes they are way way down.

I don’t see a reason to change this, sometimes you do get sellers that leave negative ratings for the fun of it, 1000 positives vs 5 negatives, some people in this world are extremely picky, one suggestion is would make going off topic, is that you can only leave a negative review after the seller has had an opportunity to put right something they might have done wrong by redelivery etc. I think this would make the whole system fairer. Touch wood I have nto yet had a negative review in almost 500 orders, but I would do my hardest to put right if I did something wrong to avoid a negative.

I’d really like this feature - before buying I always scroll down to find the negative feedback. Sometimes the people leaving the negatives are idiots who can’t read. Sometimes though, they’re spot on, especially if several people have the same complaint. It’s also nice to see if and how the seller responds. This feature would save me a lot of time - it’s obviously not difficult to implement and while it might be unpopular with sellers at first I don’t think most of them have anything to worry about unless they really are scamming people

Things are skewed badly enough against sellers here, you want to kill off sales all together? That’s a crazy, ridiculous idea! Besides that, it’s just way to pessimistic for my taste. I tend to give a person a benefit of the doubt. Like you said 1000 positive and 8 negative. I would consider the negatives were just kooks and move on buying the gig anyway.

Archived