Fiverr Community Forum

Never gotten a tip

I have made almost $800 in sales of small orders, almost 50 orders, and yet I have never gotten a tip. I know they aren’t to be expected, but I have no negative reviews. Is there anything you do to improve your chances of getting tips?

4 Likes

Tips are 100% voluntary. You should never ask for them, nor expect them. Consider them a bonus for a job well done. If you receive a tip, great! If not, don’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I have received a lot less tips since Fiverr instituted their minimum fee (I think it is $2) to the buyer for tips about a year ago. Before that fee was put into effect I got more tips. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

They shouldn’t charge a fee for tips.

3 Likes

i got my last tip two or three months ago :smiley:
when i have free time i try to send some extra work to buyers for free. a few of them like to leave a tip.

3 Likes

I have worked with 9 buyers and got tips from 3 buyers… Actually when I have given extra work , I got tips…My recent buyer has left 4.7 star review and tips . :joy:

2 Likes

I got a tip on my first sale but I think that’s mainly because I worked so cheap on it and over delivered.

1 Like

Well, a few days ago I got a tip $$ but they give me 4* review. I always assumed that if I am getting a tip that means I am getting a 5* review. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think maybe your prices may make a difference on whether or not a buyer tips.

1 Like

You could add an “I will accept your tip” type gig. That way someone could tip even when they don’t leave a review.

2 Likes

Do the job right and tips will follow…

As I remember the highest tip I got is $50.00

1 Like

I am here form June 2019 but still i did not get any Oder

1 Like