New buyer open dispute after getting delivery source files. Fiverr should make system of watermark in order delivery until accept

rashid1148

Hello, as we know that fiverr is a big market place where buyer comes for work. but some are non professional buyers who want to scam for free work. I think fiverr relaxation rules for buyer is very difficult for sellers. If a scammer gets his work after getting source files from delivery than he has a chance to make dispute order and get leave fiverr account, save money and ruined seller’s profile either from bad review or asking refund by dispute making such false statement “seller working quality is poor”. How can fiverr allow such scammer to do that thing getting work for free or blackmailed by bad review ? what CS ll do about it ? can CS mark his order complete ? Absolutely not !! seller is bound to make free work for these scammers or getting cancellation/ bad review.
I have a suggestion: AFTER DELIVERY TO BUYER, BUYER ONLY CAN SEE HIS WORK WITH FIVERR WATERMARK IN IMAGE AND SOURCE FILE WILL BE VISIBLE IN LOW RESOLUTION UNTIL BUYER DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY. IT IS SAME AS OTHERS DO FOR THEIR IMAGE SECURITY LIKE ( Pinterest or Sutterstock).
needs your opinions about this.

Thank you

Watermark is already in place - but only if you deliver single files through the order page. Once delivery is accepted, the watermarks disappear.

watermark can be place only for images or PDF too ? main problems is that type of buyers always demand SOURCE file in delivery before placing order. how we can prevent to giving him source file before accepting order ?

watermark can be place only for images or PDF too ? main problems is that type of buyers always demand SOURCE file in delivery before placing order. how we can prevent to giving him source file before accepting order ?

You can’t. That’s the risk you take on Fiverr.

If you send a buyer something via message or requirements it’s out there forever. How could Fiverr protect a file you sent willingly and the seller downloaded it? Fiverr can’t control what buyers put on their computer…

Maybe your buyer turned watermarks off. We already have this.

But if something is sent to you in a zip file or via cloud, there is no watermark. It isn’t technically possible.

Yes you are right. buyer still have source file and can open dispute after it.

You can’t. That’s the risk you take on Fiverr.

If you send a buyer something via message or requirements it’s out there forever. How could Fiverr protect a file you sent willingly and the seller downloaded it? Fiverr can’t control what buyers put on their computer…

No, i never send source file via messaging . I am asking if buyer demands that i ll provide source file in order delivery.

No, i never send source file via messaging . I am asking if buyer demands that i ll provide source file in order delivery.

He ordered. You delivered. He accepted delivery so he can download the files without watermark and now he opened dispute to get both, his money and your work without watermark.

This is against TOS and once you report this CS will look in to your files and conversations.

The system is slow due to current situation and it takes time to respond to all.

A buyer can’t demand something that wasn’t included in the order.

You are right scammer buyer don’t need to follow rules. they make excuse of low quality work after delivery of working file+source file on order page. This is the problem when they do like that. CS has only one option for them. Cancellation order and nothing.

Further, if they get a refund they can’t use the work. It is in the terms of service and CS will back you up if you can prove they use the work.

Didn’t you say you will turn off notifications during weekend? Forum is contagiousness is in it, you want to stay away, but simply fail 😃 Happy Bday!

Actually, not liking the delivered order isn’t an excuse for cancellation - here’s one of my favourite parts of the Terms of Service:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

Actually, not liking the delivered order isn’t an excuse for cancellation - here’s one of my favourite parts of the Terms of Service:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

But this favorite part do nothing about seller. if we reject buyer dispute than buyer can blackmail seller with indirect words for negative feedback. so seller should ready for bad rating after giving him 100% genuine work and time.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have also been scammed by few buyer recently.  So what I do now is , deliver Screenshots or images which automatically gets a watermark from fiverr and lock the zip  file. Also leave a message to the buyer , Will send the pswd after the order is accepted. ( This is a security measure in order to protect my work being used without my permission ).

Archived