New Cancellation Option: Against TOS

I had to cancel a couple orders this week because I didn’t offer the services they were requesting and they went against TOS. The cancellations still counted against me.

That’s why I think there should be a new option. The place where I normally would select “service isn’t offered in this gig”, there should be a new choice: “order is against Terms of Service”

Then a box opens where I can quickly describe how it violates the terms. And maybe this type of refund won’t count against us.

We’d be helping clean up the marketplace 🙂

I think we should also have the ability of denying an order.

Fiverr has added a new button that a buyer must click attesting to the fact they have providing and read all requirements etc. when starting a new order.

I’ve actually paused a gig this week - I had a prospective buyer that things just wouldn’t have gone well with - paused the gig so it can’t be ordered. A nuisance, but it had to be done!

I think we should also have the ability of denying an order.

Fiverr has added a new button that a buyer must click attesting to the fact they have providing and read all requirements etc. when starting a new order.

I had to check that on an order I placed yesterday.

It made me feel like a criminal getting ready to be arrested. I felt icky having to check it but there was no way to change my mind. The order was already placed and there was no option to back out.

sellers should try everything they can to not cancel an order.

I , as a buyer , want to see that cancellation rate.

I typically try not to cancel anything…but if they want their driver’s license papers falsified (happened this morning), I’m not doing it 😄 My order completion rate is now 95% because of orders like that.

It made me feel like a criminal getting ready to be arrested. I felt icky having to check it but there was no way to change my mind. The order was already placed and there was no option to back out.

It made me feel like a criminal getting ready to be arrested.

It’s definitely intimidating, I wonder if they have stats which made their decision to add this feature. Meaning, are they having much more “cancelled” orders because of random orders or buyers clearly not reading the descriptions? etc.

I had to cancel a couple orders this week because I didn’t offer the services they were requesting and they went against TOS. The cancellations still counted against me.

That’s why I think there should be a new option. The place where I normally would select “service isn’t offered in this gig”, there should be a new choice: “order is against Terms of Service”

Then a box opens where I can quickly describe how it violates the terms. And maybe this type of refund won’t count against us.

We’d be helping clean up the marketplace 🙂

I’m not sure they actually do affect you in any negative way according to the posted information on cancellations. I had posted this somewhere here on the forum but don’t feel like hunting it up again but if you read that you will see that fiverr checks the reason for all cancellations and some don’t count against you.

I’ve actually paused a gig this week - I had a prospective buyer that things just wouldn’t have gone well with - paused the gig so it can’t be ordered. A nuisance, but it had to be done!

I had a prospective buyer that things just wouldn’t have gone well with - paused the gig so it can’t be ordered. A nuisance, but it had to be done!

I’ve done that too when it was obvious the person would become a problem if they ordered.

I agree that it’s not a nice thing for a buyer to see. I feel it would be much better if it were at least worded in a way that explains it nicely so it is not such a threatening message.

I agree that it’s not a nice thing for a buyer to see. I feel it would be much better if it were at least worded in a way that explains it nicely so it is not such a threatening message.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

It’s like that REJECTED message, I was told, that scrolled up on the seller when request revision was selected. I understand this doesn’t happen anymore.

It’s not what you say but how you say it. You can tell someone to “jump in the lake” but if you do it well, the other party will leave with a big smile on their face. They may even say, “Thank you,” and leave you a tip.

5r really needs to work on better wording.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

It’s like that REJECTED message, I was told, that scrolled up on the seller when request revision was selected. I understand this doesn’t happen anymore.

It’s not what you say but how you say it. You can tell someone to “jump in the lake” but if you do it well, the other party will leave with a big smile on their face. They may even say, “Thank you,” and leave you a tip.

5r really needs to work on better wording.

I don’t know if they still have it, but the first and only time I used the “nudge” button for a buyer who didn’t send information, wow…I couldn’t believe how pushy it sounded! I actually sent a follow-up message to clarify for the buyer that it was automated.

One of the Fiverr developers needs to work on their customer relations 🙂

I think an option to decline order, before being placed, is a good idea. Sellers should have the option to turn it on or off at their discretion.

I think an option to decline order, before being placed, is a good idea

And you have my vote on that!!!

ok. my cancelation rate is 80%.

Now you got that information.

Based on the value given, what conclusions are you able to make?

Am I a bad seller?

Am I lazy?

Do I have more “fraud” or simply “out of reality” buyers in my niche than in others?

Am I more strict in rejecting “strange (fraud) business ideas”?

You´ll never know all these things based on a simple %-value…

2033739895_Screenshot2017-05-04um08_14_47.thumb.png.a740f6e8e946c91c1bb257cde58f835a.png

Now you got that information.

Based on the value given, what conclusions are you able to make?

Am I a bad seller?

Am I lazy?

Do I have more “fraud” or simply “out of reality” buyers in my niche than in others?

Am I more strict in rejecting “strange (fraud) business ideas”?

You´ll never know all these things based on a simple %-value…

Wrong.

Your cancellation rate is 20%

Not 80%

You’re welcome.

Wrong.

Your cancellation rate is 20%

Not 80%

You’re welcome.

You are right, mein Lieber, but at the end it is clear, what it is about. The order completed rate is 80 % 🙂

For this and some more reasons I offer services based on writing, not on maths 😉

You are right, mein Lieber, but at the end it is clear, what it is about. The order completed rate is 80 % 🙂

For this and some more reasons I offer services based on writing, not on maths 😉

Es ist ja logisch:

Ich wurde nie sagen “Guck mal … my cancellation rate is 80%” so offensichtlich

Scheiiiiii 😝

Besser sage ich gar net!

😉

I’ve tried everything as a seller, but:

• a seller cannot help but cancel when all those buyers say “i ordered by mistake please cancel”
  • a seller cannot help but cancel when the buyer is violating the TOS
  • a seller cannot help but cancel when buyers get rude and aggressive just to get more than what they’ve paid or get away with free work
  • a seller cannot help but cancel when buyers don’t even read the gig title and start asking for something from another subcategory you’re not part of and thus not being able to offer the requested service

My cancellation rate is ~20% because of such buyers - showing that on my gig or profile will put down all my good buyers just because a handful of bad/irresponsible ones have come my way.

So I have to ask: how would that be fair towards the good hard-working seller who simply cannot prevent but cancel all the above mentioned types of orders? 😉

If you want the cancellation ratio to appear on a seller’s gig/page, then I welcome it by all means IF it also shows a breakdown of the cancellation reasons along with it, otherwise it’s just a solution to destroy good sellers IMO 🙂

Archived