New Experience, Help required

hydar_akbar

Hi! I am new to fiverr. Can I create a gig with special offer like you can get free 15 typed pages after completion of 3 orders in a month? Or any method to do so.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 8 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Can I create a gig with special offer like you can get free 15 typed pages after completion of 3 orders in a month?

This is concerning you “typing service” gig, correct? It’s best to go by word-count, not by pages. How many words are you offering for free? (Personally, I don’t like it.)

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

You only have 8 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Can I create a gig with special offer like you can get free 15 typed pages after completion of 3 orders in a month?

This is concerning you “typing service” gig, correct? It’s best to go by word-count, not by pages. How many words are you offering for free? (Personally, I don’t like it.)

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Thank you so much for your advice, i agree with you 🙂

Thanks for advice… I’ll improve it.

You can’t create a free gig, so that would be hard to set up. I’d focus on offering as little as possible for free, and instead, over-deliver. Surprise your buyers by delivering more and better stuff than they expect, and you’ll get lots of repeat buyers.

Also – price by the word, not page. Who’s to say how many words there are in a page? 100 with font size 40, or 1000 with fond size 6? You’ll get burnt doing that, so stick to words is my advice. It’s precise and effective.

When it comes to discounts, here’s how I do it:

I have a bunch of regular buyers.

Let’s say buyer A comes to me for the third time this month with a project. I might offer a discount by setting up a custom offer for them.

I could drop them a message when delivering the gig saying something like “Hi! I appreciate your repeat business, so I would like to offer you 10USD off on your next order. Just contact me before ordering next time to get your discount!” or something like that.

Just keep in mind to never send this out to buyers who haven’t contacted you first, since it might be considered spam!

The other thing I do is offer special rates to long-term clients (buyers that offer steady work over time, for example 2000 words per week, every week). I do this by sending custom offers as well, since that allows me to set up a special package deal for them.

Hope this helps!

You can’t create a free gig, so that would be hard to set up. I’d focus on offering as little as possible for free, and instead, over-deliver. Surprise your buyers by delivering more and better stuff than they expect, and you’ll get lots of repeat buyers.

Also – price by the word, not page. Who’s to say how many words there are in a page? 100 with font size 40, or 1000 with fond size 6? You’ll get burnt doing that, so stick to words is my advice. It’s precise and effective.

When it comes to discounts, here’s how I do it:

I have a bunch of regular buyers.

Let’s say buyer A comes to me for the third time this month with a project. I might offer a discount by setting up a custom offer for them.

I could drop them a message when delivering the gig saying something like “Hi! I appreciate your repeat business, so I would like to offer you 10USD off on your next order. Just contact me before ordering next time to get your discount!” or something like that.

Just keep in mind to never send this out to buyers who haven’t contacted you first, since it might be considered spam!

The other thing I do is offer special rates to long-term clients (buyers that offer steady work over time, for example 2000 words per week, every week). I do this by sending custom offers as well, since that allows me to set up a special package deal for them.

Hope this helps!

It helps alot. Thank you so much

Archived