NEW feature: Tip your seller! [ARCHIVED]

renflowergrapx

Way to go fiverr , good way to piss of your sellers and look greedy at the same time.

"Fiverr standard commission fees still apply"

It should say…

"Want to reward your seller? Cool give them more money and we’ll take 20% , thanks!"

Shame on you fiverr you greedy company.

Reply to @zarklon: Seriously, i can accept the 20% fee of a service,

but the TIP is a gift, for the artist not for the boss… I can’t explain.

I dont even figure out how someone can “scam” with the tip, i mean, they sad to have applied it for avoid bla bla bla… but how? A tip is something that can be give only AFTER the order is complete. so… I don’t really know.

It will be interesting to see whether buyers use the tip feature. I’ve always had a tip jar, and have gotten quite a few tips from kind buyers. I’m eager to see whether the number of tips goes up.

Cos, ya know, I loves me some tips. 🙂

Guest aakarsh1997

Reply to @jerryco: It doesn’t. It is there because:

1. Buyers who don’t know much will think Fiverr is secure and there is no scam.
  2. Sellers already know Fiverr is just making profits and we will understand anyway.
  3. Fiverr gets profit.

I’ll tell you how taking 20% of the tip prevents scams. Okay? Here is the scam. If there was no house rake on the tip, The seller says, “hey this is a $50 job, but instead of booking a $50 job, just book $25, and tip me the other $25.” So then the buyer only pays 20% commission on the $25 gig, and not a 20% commission on the $25 tip, so the seller receives $45, and fiverrs revenue gets cut in half. See? That’s how the scammers would do it.

Reply to @jamescott: ahhh!Ok, i must be a too honest idi*t because i couldnt think about something like this.

Anyway i think it is not possible, since to tip a seller the order must be completer and the review filled… So it would more easy for the buyer to take a work for less money, isnt it?

But thanks for this point of view, i didnt get it =)

Reply to @jamescott: Thanks, that actually makes sense and it makes me feel a lot better. When I first started to respond to you I was thinking that I wish Fiverr explained it that way in the new tip notice that popped up. I realized that even that would have been a problem since some sellers would take offense if Fiverr openly says that some people would game the system. To be as neutral as possible they had to stick with a generic statement. I do think some would manipulate it so the understanding really helps!

Archived