New Fiverr User, Writing Anything (up to 1k) for $5~

http://www.fiverr.com/amridgeway/write-up-to-1000-words-of-anything-you-want

Greetings viewers of the Fiverr forums. :slight_smile:

My name is Ashleigh and I’m an aspiring author. I’ve recently started a Fiverr gig in which anyone can request I write anything (novels, short stories, fanfictions, reviews) up to 1,000 words of what they wish. Since this is my first time using Fiverr I was wondering if someone could give me some tips? (Or maybe even hit me up for some work ofc hehe)

Thanks!

I don’t know what to tell you. Creative writing is a tough sell. I suggest doing a separate gig for non-fiction writing and lowering your word count to between 250 and 500. This seems counter-intuitive, I know, but it shows potential customers that you place a high value on your writing and sends the message that you’re confident in your work. If you have any writing samples, I’d place them in a PDF file that you can send to any customers who request samples and note in your gig description that samples are available upon request. Then maybe once you’ve earned your reputation with non-fiction, buyers will be more willing to take a chance on your creative writing.

Also, as a former fanficcer I think offering to write fan fiction for pay places you on some really shaky legal ground. You could find yourself in trouble for copyright infringement. If you want to earn money writing fanfic, then I’d check out Amazon Worlds where you can do it 100% legally.

Hey jmbauhaus, thank you very much for your advice. :slight_smile: I’ve been trying to figure out a way to show off samples but was unsure how to go about doing it.

And as for the fanfiction, I really did not think of that and I’m a bit ashamed I didn’t. I know on deviantArt that sort of thing flies easily, but then again that’s private once it leaves the forum. I’ll amend my Gig when possible and remove that tag (if I remember correctly, I don’t really mention fanfiction in my description except for a tiny snippet of it).

No problem. I hope it helps. As for the fanfic, I got spanked HARD by the fanfic community years ago when they (mistakenly) thought I was asking to be paid for fanfic. I’d hate to see the same thing happen to you. :slight_smile: