New Here, No Portfolio I need Help!

prinssauce

Hello, Im new here but I’ve been retouching pictures for 10 years. My clients rather remain private so now I find myself with no portfolio to show on here and I was wondering if I could use unedited stock images or something from google and edit it to use it as my portfolio or that goes against the rules.

Thanks!

Fiverr Terms of Service:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

Intellectual Property Claims - Fiverr will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.

User Generated Content

… By uploading to, or creating content on, the Fiverr platform, you represent and warrant that you own or have obtained all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority, necessary to use and/or upload such content and that such content or the use thereof in the Site does not and shall not (a) infringe or violate any intellectual property, proprietary or privacy, data protection or publicity rights of any third party; (b) violate any applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and conventions; and/or © violate any of your or third party’s policies and/or terms of service. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.

Thank you that’s very useful but I rather not use my own image either.

I am a Mix Engineer & Musician. I have to show what I have done, that means working with others. Working with others is part of the job.

If you cannot get images to work on, there is a part of the job you are neglecting.

If you are unwilling to walk outside and take a photo of a flower, a dog, a soldier shooting that dog whilst a flower sticks out of the barrel of his gun… It is hard to suggest what you can do seeing you seem only to want to show faux work. You will notice I rarely show that sort of work for any reason, never in my portfolio as it never rings true.

I will show work with other acts or films first. I will show things I did for competitions or from open-projects seconds. I will still show my own work where it is relevant. If someone cannot see my skills & style from that, they are not worth working for.

🙂

Archived