New metadata for articles and blog posts category?

somaginer1996

On the main Fiverr site, I just received a popup that informed me that Fiverr was updating the metadata options for the article and blog posts categories. I checked my gig, and it seems they’ve added topics, tone, and article types to the categories.

Have any other writers seen/not seen this popup? Thoughts?

I noticed the popup this morning. In addition to what you mentioned, I also see “Service Type” and “Language” categories. I do wish there was an “all of the above” option for some of the categories. I write articles on pretty much any topic, but it looks like I’m limited to selecting two primary ones now. I’m all for making it easier for buyers to find what they’re looking for, but I don’t want my responses to these questions to limit how often my more general gigs show in search.

I noticed the popup this morning. In addition to what you mentioned, I also see “Service Type” and “Language” categories. I do wish there was an “all of the above” option for some of the categories. I write articles on pretty much any topic, but it looks like I’m limited to selecting two primary ones now. I’m all for making it easier for buyers to find what they’re looking for, but I don’t want my responses to these questions to limit how often my more general gigs show in search.

Completely agree with your point and have the same issue with it. Nice if you have a specialized writing gig, but if you offer more generic services than this doesn’t really add any value.

Archived