New on Fiverr--- let's connect! + a few questions

riondrum

Hi All-

I’m Rion of riondrum- obviously, I’m a drummer, and looking to record drums for people! I’m new on fiverr, and am looking for any suggestions people may have to getting gigs going. There are a LOT of drummers on here, and I would like to figure out how to stand out. I’ve been a professional drummer all my adult life, but since COVID, have lost all my paying gigs. Fortunately, I completed the construction of my home studio, and am set up to record drums from home. Now I just have to get people to know I’m here and ready to record.

One question- I uploaded my video on Thursday afternoon, and it’s now Monday, but the video still says ‘under review’. That’s several days over 24hrs- anyone else had trouble with their videos taking a long time? Any suggestions? is there anyone I can call?

Also, when I went to a private browser, and tried to search for my user name: riondrum, no users were found…? But my profile says “active”… so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

Thanks in advance for any help-

Rion

Hi All-

I’m Rion of riondrum- obviously, I’m a drummer, and looking to record drums for people! I’m new on fiverr, and am looking for any suggestions people may have to getting gigs going. There are a LOT of drummers on here, and I would like to figure out how to stand out. I’ve been a professional drummer all my adult life, but since COVID, have lost all my paying gigs. Fortunately, I completed the construction of my home studio, and am set up to record drums from home. Now I just have to get people to know I’m here and ready to record.

One question- I uploaded my video on Thursday afternoon, and it’s now Monday, but the video still says ‘under review’. That’s several days over 24hrs- anyone else had trouble with their videos taking a long time? Any suggestions? is there anyone I can call?

Also, when I went to a private browser, and tried to search for my user name: riondrum, no users were found…? But my profile says “active”… so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

Thanks in advance for any help-

Rion

Your profile is active.

anyone else had trouble with their videos taking a long time?

Sometimes it can take some time for your video to be reviewed.

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-Your-Gig

If you type “video under review” in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy! 🙂

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your situation, please see the (DES) section: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

Lastly, the video is pretty good, but the syncing seems off for the first two clips.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your situation, please see the (DES) section: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

Lastly, the video is pretty good, but the syncing seems off for the first two clips.

thanks imagination7413 for the thoughtful response- I’m a bit baffled by the sync on the vid. It looks ok on my computer (prior to upload) and even looks ok on my iphone- but on either Chrome or Safari on my mac it looks out of sync, as you mentioned. Can I ask how/where you’re viewing? it might help me figure out what’s going on…

I’ll spend some time at the links you suggested, thank you so much!

rion

Your profile is active.

anyone else had trouble with their videos taking a long time?

Sometimes it can take some time for your video to be reviewed.

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-Your-Gig

If you type “video under review” in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy! 🙂

Thanks lloydsolutions!

I’m really new, so i’m still trying to figure out even HOW to figure stuff out- this is very helpful-

much appreciated!

Archived