Fiverr Forum

New processing fee increase

The processing fee is now $2.00, a 100% increase. This is unsustainable. Fiverr, PLEASE, give me a way to deposit funds into my account to avoid this fee on each and every gig I buy and tip I give. I’m willing to pay a $2 fee on a $20 deposit, and then buy four gigs for $5 each… but I’m not willing to pay $2 for each gig I order.

It absolutely does not cost you $2 to process a $5 payment AND THEN you take a cut from the seller also! That’s just outrageous.

78 Likes

I hope the sellers offering micro jobs are aware of this increase as this will undoubtedly cause a decline in their sales. Every gig will now have what is essentially a hidden fee comprising up to 40% (2/5) of the gig cost.

9 Likes

A few of my regulars have placed larger orders to combat this.

8 Likes

As much as some buyers may not like it, this $2 fee is how things work now. If you’re “not willing to pay the $2 fee” with every outside-funded order, there is nothing forcing you to make your purchases here on Fiverr. This is Fiverr’s website, and they are allowed to charge whatever fees they feel are appropriate. And you agree to pay those fees by shopping for services here on this site.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, it hurts sellers more than it hurts fiverr for me to leave - which after my current jobs are finished, I will. I’ve already moved my jobs to alternate platforms and have posted job offers for freelancers elsewhere. I don’t mean to punish the people I order from regularly, but I will be finding new writing and graphic design freelancers on new platforms.

13 Likes

Very well. That is your choice. Good luck in your future endeavors.

4 Likes

While I agree with your point of view, the way I’d choose to look at it as a buyer is: I’m paying this fee to use Fiverr which is a good deal because outside Fiverr I’d most likely be paying more for the same services.

It seems like you made up your mind, but just so you know this feature is available, it’s just not widely publicized. I haven’t used it myself but it is my understanding it does exactly what you want.

Teams allows you to add existing Fiverr users to the same account. You can create a team, add existing Fiverr users to the team, and fund it with a shopping balance for all team members to purchase from.

EDIT | Nevermind: The team account feature is no longer available as of Feb 7, 2018.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Poll Moved to New Topic on Finance Issues

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.

2 Likes

Note that if you want to discuss buyer PROCESSING FEES do that over here: New processing fee increase

If you want to discuss or vote on the long-time issue of COMMISSIONS paid by sellers discuss that here:

2 Likes

totally agree with you
fiverr takes too much from both buyer and seller now! if this keeps doing it, this platform will lose many buyers ,and sellers .too!

9 Likes

They might lose some, but I guess they are OK with that.
It depends on what kind of buyers they are looking for. If a buyer goes somewhere else over $1 increase then maybe they are not the right buyers for Fiverr anyway.

4 Likes

Unacceptable, there is nothing fiverr about this website everything is $7 its border line false advertising

9 Likes

I know, right?
Yesterday I went grocery shopping, I saw this big apple logo in a shopping mall but when I walked in there were no apples.

11 Likes

Im really disappointed in the price increase im going to stop using fiverr also, if enough people stop using it they will change it back #Fiverrstrike

5 Likes

I feel bad for all the sellers that are going to lose business because fiverr got greedy on it’s loyal custumers! SHAME ON YOU FIVERR!

6 Likes

Good luck with that. Personally, I still see plenty of new sellers joining this site every day. And the buyers keep buying as well. It doesn’t look like anyone is going anywhere. :wink:

7 Likes

jonbass is right…

2 Likes

oh dear, Fiverr is your boss. so u have to understand, what they said.

1 Like

Only if you never buy anything that costs more than $5.

5 Likes