New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

Just received an email informing me that:

“To ensure Top Rated sellers such as yourself continue to meet these expectations, we will be conducting quality evaluations of your orders and deliveries.

In cases where your service doesn’t meet these expectations repeatedly, your Top Rated seller badge will be replaced with a Level 2 seller badge in the course of your monthly evaluation.“

What does this mean? Fiverr staff will look into our deliveries and messages?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if the system notices multiple delivered files and messages from both the seller and buyer, fiverr will look into the specific order to see where the problem is.

that wouldn’t make sense , it depends on the services you’re offering … there’s always a chance that you ran into some buyer that always asks for revisions

Isn’t that was Buyer reviews are for? What happens if a buyer loves the delivery and someone at Fiverr thinks it’s substandard? A lot of the work done through this site is subjective.

I’m hoping to get more details about this soon.

It seems like one more solution in search of a problem. If a seller delivers bad stuff too often they will either have a poor completion rate or their reviews will fall below the accepted level. I’m not sure why extra inspections are needed.

I wonder if it is invisible where they reach out to the buyer and ask for feedback, I hope it is not actually going through messages and deliverable. Or maybe it is a if a buyer cancels because of “poor quality”. I would like clarity too. It seems a blanked statement to let them do as they wish.

I wonder if it is invisible where they reach out to the buyer and ask for feedback, I hope it is not actually going through messages and deliverable. Or maybe it is a if a buyer cancels because of “poor quality”. I would like clarity too. It seems a blanked statement to let them do as they wish.

exactly… nothing is clear from that .

Also there’s this part

‘’ How to keep your Top Rated seller badge:

• Favor quality over quantity: Quality work and delivery are the cornerstones of your business’ reputation and success.
  • Manage your workflow: Accept custom orders only if you are sure to deliver high-quality work.
  • Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description. ‘’

We had to maintain these standards until now …as well , I don’t think this is new.

Kind of scary. So vauge. Or if any of our personal buying habits on the platform play into it as well.

So vauge.

yes… it kinda sounds like ‘’ we can demote you without a particular reason ‘’… I hope that I am wrong

Just received an email informing me that:

“To ensure Top Rated sellers such as yourself continue to meet these expectations, we will be conducting quality evaluations of your orders and deliveries.

In cases where your service doesn’t meet these expectations repeatedly, your Top Rated seller badge will be replaced with a Level 2 seller badge in the course of your monthly evaluation.“

What does this mean? Fiverr staff will look into our deliveries and messages?

Fiverr staff will look into our deliveries and messages?

If so … what if my buyer likes what I sent and … someone from Fiverr thinks that it’s not good enough ? I’m a designer , my work is subjective … how does that work ? 😃

Frankly, I’m happy to know that my work is being reviewed by a human, rather than a computer algorithm alone. I’m proud of the work I produce on every order, and am confident that it will stand up to scrutiny.

Frankly, I’m happy to know that my work is being reviewed by a human, rather than a computer algorithm alone

What makes you think this will be the case? I don’t see anything to say that unless I missed something?

Frankly, I’m happy to know that my work is being reviewed by a human, rather than a computer algorithm alone

What makes you think this will be the case? I don’t see anything to say that unless I missed something?

What makes me think “what” is the case?

I don’t think anyone needs to worry about this unless they routinely outsource orders like was being discussed in another thread. Fiverr cant possibly employ a team of people to gauge the quality of all the different kinds of services sellers offer. However, they can identify pretty quickly if a TRS seller routinely outsources to non-TRS sellers in what is really selling as a game of price arbitrage.

It says in the letter that “we will be conducting quality evaluations of your orders and deliveries.”

Oh ok. I wouldn’t read that in the same way at all to be honest. Fiverr has been moving away further and further from human checking of anything (auto evaluations, CS templated answers etc) so unless there’s a major shift I couldn’t see them manually checking orders

It says in the letter that “we will be conducting quality evaluations of your orders and deliveries.”

Precisely. Fiverr will be looking at your orders (what you order) and your deliveries (what you deliver when people order from you). - At least that is how I read this.

Precisely. Fiverr will be looking at your orders (what you order) and your deliveries (what you deliver when people order from you). - At least that is how I read this.

See I read that completely different.

Where by “orders” they mean how I talk to clients and by “deliveries” they mean, well erm… what I deliver.

I also think the focus on Top Sellers is a little weird. Not only are there already tings in place to make sure the quality of Top Sellers remains high (buyer reviews, completion rate), but also most of the quality problems on the platform come from lower level sellers.

There are a lot of Level 1 and Level 2 sellers that got demoted form TRS already, even though over the years they have produced a high level of work, but thy had a bad month or a few bad buyers. There are also a lot of Level 1 and Level 2 sellers trying to make a quick buck who have few skills, no business acumen, and poor communication skills. It seems like the platform would benefit from eliminating those bad actors from the platform.

I still regularly get spam from dodgy sellers. I have a hard time believing there is a widespread quality issue with TRS. Like anything else, there is no doubt at least some who are skating by, but I don’t see how this new inspection regime will help the reputation of the platform.

I’m suspicious of anything that I am subjected to to keep my level that doesn’t have any objective standards. This is especially true for things that are definitely subjective like what makes good sales copy.

I hope that’s the case but I think Fiverr uses “orders” to describe sales rather than purchases.

Deliveries then would be the final delivery as opposed to what is ordered/agreed.

Archived