Fiverr Community Forum

New seller and need advice, please

I’ve only been on fiverr for a little over a month. I’ve had a couple of incidents that has lowered my rating %.

I had one customer whom I did 3 gigs for, doing exactly what he had asked and pleased with the first 2, and then gave me a 3.5 star rating stating I left him with more work than he started with. Ugh!!! That lowered my rating from 100%!!

Now, I had a customer who ordered a gig with a ton of work for $5.00. I was going to go ahead and do the many of hours worth of work for $5.00 in order to keep her as a repeat customer. She ordered it on Thurs. This morning, I left her a message stating that I apologize that I was not able to work on it because I had spent the weekend with my family because my father was diagnosed with cancer. I informed her I would need a couple of days to deliver the work. She cancelled it with no reply and gave my a poor rating and wrote a review stating I did not deliver on time and had to cancel. I understand I didn’t deliver on time, but for goodness sake, she just could have cancelled and not given a poor rating and review. She didn’t even communicate with me from the beginning! Now, my rating is like 92%!! And, what makes it worse, I am not able to leave a response to her review )or even contact her to apologize again). I would like to explain “my side” to the buyers who read the review.

I do have a few questions. This buyer purchased on one of my gigs that I have only done a few jobs on. If I delete the gig, will this delete this review/rating and up my rating % ? (I only have 3 gigs.) And, can a buyer see how many jobs you have in your “To Do” list or if you are late on any?

I know that I need to do more gigs to up my rating. I did quite a bit my first month and now it has slowed. I’m afraid the rating % will hurt me getting gigs now. If I open more gigs that are relative the same, will that help?

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

staceyrb said: She cancelled it with no reply and gave my a poor rating and wrote a review stating I did not deliver on time and had to cancel.
If an order goes late, it is automatically cancelled and the negative feedback is also left automatically.

I totally sympathize with your family situation, but in the future, just take a few seconds to let buyers know if you won't be able to complete a job & offer to cancel it. That way it won't do any harm and those buyers may come back later because you handled things honestly and directly.

Thank you for the advice. I was just wrapped up in my family this weekend and didn’t think about it.

Reply to @staceyrb: You’re welcome. I hope things go smoothly with your family. :slight_smile: