New seller and no sales... :(

clayare

I’m a new seller on Fiverr, and a certified professional resume writer who’s had hundreds of hours of ecperience writing resumes and cover letters. But because I’m new here and have no reviews, I can’t seem to land any clients 😦 Any advice?

If anyone’s interested, please see my profile at https://www.fiverr.com/clayare/build-you-an-outstanding-new-resume-cover-letter-or-linkedin-profile!

Dear Clay:

What should your Buyers call you? It helps to give a name by which you prefer to be addressed.

I took a look at your profile. Here are my thoughts:

• Your log line:

This seems a little bland to me. I suggest you spice it up. I don’t have specific suggestions.

*Your profile image:

I suggest you use a photo of yourself smiling.

• Your profile text:

Your text here is geared to what you do, not to what makes you special.

Your goal here is to make the Buyer feel they know, like, and trust you. In my humble opinion, you should talk more about who you are as a person.

• Gig Title: I will write or rewrite your resume and cover letter in 2 to 3 days

Fiverr recommends that new sellers commit to next day delivery for the first 4 weeks or so. The 2 or 3 days may be making you less competitive. You might want to do more keyword research. What are Buyers looking for?

• Gig Description:

As a new seller with no reviews, you will be hard pressed to make sales of $45. I suggest lowering your prices until you have established yourself, and raising them as you move up in Levels.

It’s very confusing that your profile image seems to be a woman, but the reviews in your gig description refer to you as “he”. Perhaps you’re transgender like the Wachowskis, but in this context, you’re just confusing your potential buyers.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

Gig Images: You have 1. You should use 3, and they need to be examples of YOUR work so that people have a reason to choose you.

Gig Extras: You have no gig extras. Because you have gig packages, you may not want to also have gig extras. I’ll allow it. I have no specific suggestions here.

As a rule of thumb, I consider it a terrible idea to offer unlimited revisions, because you’re very likely to encounter a Buyer to make you regret that.

Here’s a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Good luck,
Blaise

Archived