I am Maria. I am a New Seller. I joined Fiverr last year and didn’t get the sales for two months. Honestly, I didn’t even work enough for it, just waiting for the orders, and therefore gave up and closed my account because I thought this is simply not meant for me as I was very impatient then and wanted to achieve results quickly.
However, I joined again this year in April. I did not get sales in the first 15 days until I got this one order and things got started. I also fetched orders from the buyer request section. Most of my clients were repeated buyers. I managed to make sales more than $100 in a month.
I would like to share my Fiverr Experience with you guys and how I worked for it. The things I have learned so far that really helped me bag orders are as follows:
• Make your gigs inspired but do not copy. Check out other sellers’ profiles, you will gather ideas on how you can design yours.
• Add the relevant gig pictures to attract buyer’s interest and give them the reason why they should choose you.
• Keep your gig title, description, tags, etc. SEO friendly (this helps a lot in ranking your gigs and gaining more buyer exposure). You can check out my two gigs on Finance Tutor ranking on the first page. I applied the same method.
• Keep creating more gigs. This will expand your portfolio and allow multiple income streams.
• Send buyer requests daily. You don’t have to write long paragraphs to attract buyers. Stay professional. I know buyers most likely look for existing sellers with good ratings but there are also new buyers who just want their work done so think of it this way. Furthermore, prove why you are best for the job, show interest in the client’s work, if possible attach a sample of your work. Try to be among the first 10 sellers to send proposals.
• Communication is the key. Be very clear and expressive. Language is important, I am not saying you have to be the English Guru to write the description but at least keep your message simple and relevant for others to understand what exactly you are trying to convey.
• Always try to keep the YOU attitude instead of I. I know we all want to increase our sales/profit but the buyer also wants a fair deal when they invest their money in you. Put yourself in buyers’ shoes and this will clarify many things for you. Be very polite and understanding of buyer’s needs.
• I have made most sales from the repeating buyers. Remember repeated clients are the bread and butter of your business so try to retain them.
• Do NOT take up orders that you think you cannot do. Remember no rating is better than a negative ranking.
• Don’t just leave your account operate on its own. Think of it as your business and make potential use of your time and energy to grow it. Stay online 24/7. Install a Fiverr mobile app it will give you more access. Fiverr rank sellers who are most active and engaged with their accounts.
• Check the Fiverr Forum daily. I have learned a lot of things from this wonderful community. You get tons of ideas and tips which proves to be extremely helpful.
• READ AND FOLLOW STRICTLY FIVERR’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
• Last but not least. Learn new skills every day. Keep working on existing ones. Trust me, it pays off every time.
I also struggle with getting buyers some days, but hey, don’t let it discourage you. Patience and Determination is all it takes. Keep trying, you will succeed. Feel free to share your tips and suggestions. If you have any question please do ask. Stay safe. Good Luck!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill