New Seller, nervous about payment

consult_mnelson

Hi Fiverr people,
I am about to finish my first gig and I am a bit nervous that the seller will flake out and not pay.
I am creating a Word document…is there a way to protect it until I receive the payment? If not, what do I do if I send the file and he does not pay?
The seller does have good reviews, but I am new and I don’t know if these are always legitimate.

Help please,
Thanks.

Just to make you’re aware in case you didn’t see, but the whole 23 page document you delivered is viewable on your portfolio.

I’m not sure you or the customer would want that happening - In the future, might be best to deliver a cover page (or if you want the content to show, a sample page) and select that as the Portfolio option on the delivery and then attach the whole thing as a second attachment.

Customers can choose not to show the work on your portfolio but a lot of them don’t realise it will appear by default (they aren’t always aware they need to uncheck the work to prevent it from showing on your portfolio) - I’ve had quite a few customers get caught out by this, when they didn’t want the work visible publically.

UPDATE…I did complete the order and the seller DID complete the payment! Yay!!! I even got a 5 star rating!

Now, if I can just wrap my mind around these seller fees. I totally did not look into that well enough.

Now, if I can just wrap my mind around these seller fees. I totally did not look into that well enough.

Suggest you read the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Just to make you’re aware in case you didn’t see, but the whole 23 page document you delivered is viewable on your portfolio.

I’m not sure you or the customer would want that happening - In the future, might be best to deliver a cover page (or if you want the content to show, a sample page) and select that as the Portfolio option on the delivery and then attach the whole thing as a second attachment.

Customers can choose not to show the work on your portfolio but a lot of them don’t realise it will appear by default (they aren’t always aware they need to uncheck the work to prevent it from showing on your portfolio) - I’ve had quite a few customers get caught out by this, when they didn’t want the work visible publically.

Oh wow! How do I remove this? I had no idea

M. Nelson Consulting, LLC

Smirk,

Can you please send me the link to where this is showing, I cannot find it!

Usually I have no issues with platforms. This one seems so unfriendly to me!

Smirk,

Can you please send me the link to where this is showing, I cannot find it!

Usually I have no issues with platforms. This one seems so unfriendly to me!

Can you please send me the link to where this is showing,

If you click the images below your gig image and above the gig description, the document is showing there.

Oh wow! How do I remove this?

Suggest you contact Customer Support to help you with this.

Can you please send me the link to where this is showing,

If you click the images below your gig image and above the gig description, the document is showing there.

Oh wow! How do I remove this?

Suggest you contact Customer Support to help you with this.

I have no idea how this happened. I simply uploaded the file to deliver the order. How does something like this happen??? I am very upset and there are a million options for support. No straightforward email addresses.

Please help if you can anyone. If I can simply remove it, please just let me know.

I have no idea how this happened. I simply uploaded the file to deliver the order. How does something like this happen??? I am very upset and there are a million options for support. No straightforward email addresses.

Please help if you can anyone. If I can simply remove it, please just let me know.

I am very upset and there are a million options for support.

Here is the link: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

This may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/setting-your-live-portfolio

I am very upset and there are a million options for support.

Here is the link: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

This may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/setting-your-live-portfolio

Thank you. I think I was able to locate the problem.

My apologies. I’ve been here for about a year, but I just recently decided to step into the water. I realize that I need to read up more on the process of all of this.

Archived