New seller - Retired editor

Hey fiverrs. I am a newbie seller.

I have been the editor for an esteemed online journal for over five years (Postcard Poems and Prose Magazine) and was the founding editor for the, now defunct, print journal - Fine Linen.

My duties with those journals included reading and evaluating several thousand poetry and prose submissions. I know the common foibles of emergent writers. I understand what it takes to revise/suggest/critique a manuscript and still retain the author’s genuine voice. In short, I can help writers grow.

I look forward to a great fiverr experience as I learn the ropes around here. Be kind and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,
dave the fiddler

PS. My friends call me Dave…I’d be honored if you would call me Dave. 🙂

Hey Dave,

Nice to meet you.

ab37077f0dc2c07a857d17d88761271290509689.gif

We have a colorful group here, join the discussions and have fun! 😎

Thank you, nikavoice, for your warm welcome. I am green as can be regarding fiverr. Poetry and prose are my thing. Now that I am retired I have time to do something I love and help others at the same time. I think fiverr will be the perfect vehicle to make it happen. So far, the few folks I have met here are wonderful.

What is your expertise? Is fiverr a fun experience for you?

Cheers,

Dave

Hello Dave,

Welcome to Fiverr! I am also new here. Joined about 26 days. Great to see that you have already earned a nice long review within a matter of days.

Thanks for your kindness, rankinfinite.

Yes, I joined this week. I have a great review but, to be honest, that is my only sale so far. From what I am reading it seems like it takes a while to get going here. I will head over and take a peek at your profile.

Best wishes for a great fiverr experience.

Dave

Welcome to Fiverr. May you have much success. Sales can be slow in the beginning. Are you a fiddler Mr. Dave?

Thanks for your well-wishes, vickiespencer.

Yes, I am a lifelong fiddler. I give the lessons at the local music shop and play in three bands. (And sit in with a few more.)

Thanks again and best wishes for your fiverr sales,

Dave

Thank you, nikavoice, for your warm welcome. I am green as can be regarding fiverr. Poetry and prose are my thing. Now that I am retired I have time to do something I love and help others at the same time. I think fiverr will be the perfect vehicle to make it happen. So far, the few folks I have met here are wonderful.

What is your expertise? Is fiverr a fun experience for you?

Cheers,

Dave

Great 🍒 attitude, Dave!

I can only predict you’ll do well on this platform. 😎

My Fiverr experience is like a rollercoaster 🎢 I learn something new every day.

Glad you found this Forum, if you ever need help the people here are always willing to help.

I couldn’t resist. :rofl:

fiddler_1.jpg.723f380b76eaad82c65d7f2605e24423.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Guest discobot

Btw, we have a fortune teller :robot:

@discobot Quote for Dave, please!

🗨️ Heaven, in the production of things, is sure to be bountiful to them, according to their qualities. Hence the tree that is flourishing, it nourishes, while that which is ready to fall, it overthrows. — Confucius

Great 🍒 attitude, Dave!

I can only predict you’ll do well on this platform. 😎

My Fiverr experience is like a rollercoaster 🎢 I learn something new every day.

Glad you found this Forum, if you ever need help the people here are always willing to help.

I couldn’t resist. :rofl:

70e6d28c65d83ddc784f64b811937c88318c015a.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Thanks, nikavoice, for the poster. We live in the far north. We only have a few weeks when the roof is bearable. I do most of my fiddling indoors. 😆

Cheers,

Dave

Yes, I am a lifelong fiddler. I give the lessons at the local music shop and play in three bands. (And sit in with a few more.)

Dave

My husband is a drummer and he is a member of several band and sits in with many more.

My husband is a drummer and he is a member of several band and sits in with many more.

Cool. So you can empathize with my wife. 😎 Although, at my age about half of the gigs are in restaurants now and they end earlier than the traditional bar band gigs. I like that a lot. Twice a month we still have the 3am drive home but, more often than not, we are packed and rolling home by 10pm. I guess aging has its advantages.

Cheers,

Dave

Cool. So you can empathize with my wife. 😎 Although, at my age about half of the gigs are in restaurants now and they end earlier than the traditional bar band gigs. I like that a lot. Twice a month we still have the 3am drive home but, more often than not, we are packed and rolling home by 10pm. I guess aging has its advantages.

Cheers,

Dave

Yes, it is the same for my hubby. He does not do the late night bar gigs anymore. One of his bands is a drum and bagpipe Celtic band. So no late nights there. He is a blues band that has committed not to do bars anymore. He also plays with a violin virtuoso from China who graduated from Julliard, and they only perform on stage with a new venue every few months.

Dave

Welcome to Fiverr! 😃

Just be sure to promote your gigs to people around you, and if you do things right you’ll get your

second order pretty soon!

Just a random thought…maybe you can make another gig…a fiddler gig? 🎻

Welcome to Fiverr! 😃

Just be sure to promote your gigs to people around you, and if you do things right you’ll get your

second order pretty soon!

Just a random thought…maybe you can make another gig…a fiddler gig? 🎻

Thanks for the tip, zeus777.

Yes, I thought about fiddle and mandolin gigs. I do play out quite a bit (10-14 times monthly) so I get plenty of time doing something I love. My other passion is teaching poetry and working with emergent poets. I hope that fiverr can fuel that engine.

Thanks again for your kindness and best wishes for your fiverr gigs,

Dave

Welcome. You will find lots of useful tips on the forum and we are a friendly bunch. Also check out the www.Fiverr.com/Academy for details on how to become a successful seller on Fiverr. Good luck! 🙂

Somehow I missed sharing my gratitude with you, lloydsolutions. Please accept my sincere apologies. I began working my way through the academy posts last night. There is great advice there. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Dave

Archived