New sellers are the best selling now?

xuntes

I just keep wondering fiverr search algorithm.

Now the best selling tab is crowded of new sellers, with no sales and/or experience at fiverr. Why those are on best selling filter?

Again, it’s becoming frustrating to do a good job, then see the placement you earned (by doing a good work over the years) be given to some random gig who never did a sale.

Over 6 filters (3 in search (RELEVANCE, BEST SELLING, NEWEST ARRIVALS) and 3 in gigs category ranking (RECOMMENDED, BEST SELLING, NEWEST ARRIVALS), only 1 is really valuing the best sellers, all the others are crowded with new and inexperienced sellers.

Now the best selling tab is crowded of new sellers, with no sales and/or experience at fiverr. Why those are on best selling filter?

Again, it’s becoming frustrating to do a good job, then see the placement you earned (by doing a good work over the years) be given to some random gig who never did a sale.

Over 6 filters (3 in search (RELEVANCE, BEST SELLING, NEWEST ARRIVALS) and 3 in gigs category ranking (RECOMMENDED, BEST SELLING, NEWEST ARRIVALS), only 1 is really valuing the best sellers, all the others are crowded with new and inexperienced sellers.

new and inexperienced sellers.

They are new on Fiverr but they perhaps have a longer experience than yours or mine outside Fiverr. And perhaps they are better than us.

This is perhaps one of the reason why Fiverr want to give them a chance.

But, I agree with you that results of the filters are sometimes not really accurate!

new and inexperienced sellers.

They are new on Fiverr but they perhaps have a longer experience than yours or mine outside Fiverr. And perhaps they are better than us.

But, I agree with you that results of the filters are sometimes not really accurate!

perhaps

Perhaps yes, perhaps not. But they still are not best sellers to be in a best selling category.

That’s why there is New Sellers filter.

I’m a seller and a buyer, when I’m looking for the best selling products (or gigs) in any site, I want to see what I’m looking for. Not a manipulated or messed up search.

Giving a chance would be fair for new users if the tab would be called like “featured gigs of the month/week” something like this. I believe Best Selling filter should be reserved for best selling gigs, like everywhere else.

I never had a chance at fiverr, beside my own good service. I became the best seller in my main category. Of course if I started now I would like to get million of chances, be I would still think it was not fair

becoming frustrating to do a good job

Frustrated freelancer here. My best selling gig ceased to show up on Search completely. How do you explain this?

Frustrated freelancer here. My best selling gig ceased to show up on Search completely. How do you explain this?

Yes me too…

I really in disappoint with Fiverr… I worked very hard for 2 yesra almost and now my gigs are disappears…

Why?

this is probably not related with the search algorithm, but with some restriction in your gig. Try contacting customer support to fix this, or at least to know why its not being shown at the search

Yes me too…

I really in disappoint with Fiverr… I worked very hard for 2 yesra almost and now my gigs are disappears…

Why?

same as above

this is probably not related with the search algorithm, but with some restriction in your gig. Try contacting customer support to fix this, or at least to know why its not being shown at the search

Yes me too…

Why?

same as above

Ok for my opinion, they want only to cancel many account definitively…I hope not, but I don’t see other reason

Ok for my opinion, they want only to cancel many account definitively…I hope not, but I don’t see other reason

If they were trying to cancel your account, the would already do this.

Like I said, try contacting support to know WHY. Keep just imagining why, wont help at all.

For example in the car wrapping I’m the first seller, and I’m visible, but for my Gig for the sketch drawings

that it’s going to be very well, disappeared

I m visible only on the seventh page of the search

Yes me too…

Why?

same as above

This is what CS told me when I contacted them:

Blockquote

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gig. Our editorial team reviewed the Gig in question, but unfortunately, we are not currently able to restore this Gig to our Search Results, as the service offered in the Gig is not currently within our editorial focus. This Gig is still active, however, so you may still promote the Gig outside of Fiverr to bring potential buyers to your Gig.

Blockquote

Any idea what this means? My gig is about content writing for websites.

For example in the car wrapping I’m the first seller, and I’m visible, but for my Gig for the sketch drawings

that it’s going to be very well, disappeared

well, then your gig didnt disappear from the search. It’s only in the 7th page. It’s completely different than not being shown at all

well, then your gig didnt disappear from the search. It’s only in the 7th page. It’s completely different than not being shown at all

Yes sure but before I was always on the second page

This is what CS told me when I contacted them:

Blockquote

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gig. Our editorial team reviewed the Gig in question, but unfortunately, we are not currently able to restore this Gig to our Search Results, as the service offered in the Gig is not currently within our editorial focus. This Gig is still active, however, so you may still promote the Gig outside of Fiverr to bring potential buyers to your Gig.

Blockquote

I’m sorry but i’m not familiar with fiverr editorial focus related with your gig. I’ve already see many people complaining about similar situations, but I dont know if they got success or not to make their gig to show again

that’s why opened this post.

because the placement good sellers earned by their good work, now is crowded with random and non experienced gigs.

I would like to understand how useful is this to fiverr itself and buyers, who fiverr is trying to manipulate to make these NO SALES AT ALL gigs to be seen as best sellers at fiverr.

or it’s a huge bug from search algorithm

Mine does not appear on any page at all. CS message was quite vague too. Feeling so frustrated!

I’m sorry but i’m not familiar with fiverr editorial focus related with your gig. I’ve already see many people complaining about similar situations, but I dont know if they got success or not to make their gig to show again

Okay. Thanks for your input. Do you think pausing the gig and then publishing later would be a good idea?

• 1 month later...

I don’t get it either. What happened to Fiverr? It used to be that if you had the right tags, people would find you and place orders.

Now, I rarely get orders.

I search “radio copywriter” and no results. How is that possible? What if someone is looking for a copywriter? Clearly there are many copywriters on Fiverr, we should be getting results.

I don’t get it either. What happened to Fiverr? It used to be that if you had the right tags, people would find you and place orders.

Now, I rarely get orders.

I search “radio copywriter” and no results. How is that possible? What if someone is looking for a copywriter? Clearly there are many copywriters on Fiverr, we should be getting results.

I figured something funny was going on. My children’s book gig has been blowing up since the start of March and yet I still seem to be stuck mid first page. Meanwhile there are no review gigs (so called pro gigs too) with 0 orders in the queues. My tags are good, yet I’m still falling on search, or at best, staying in the middle. Funny enough, my gig completely disappeared from search at the end of last month when I had 11 orders in queue and only got it back by contacting CS twice. Nothing makes sense.

I figured something funny was going on. My children’s book gig has been blowing up since the start of March and yet I still seem to be stuck mid first page. Meanwhile there are no review gigs (so called pro gigs too) with 0 orders in the queues. My tags are good, yet I’m still falling on search, or at best, staying in the middle. Funny enough, my gig completely disappeared from search at the end of last month when I had 11 orders in queue and only got it back by contacting CS twice. Nothing makes sense.

When I write “facebook copywriter,” I get

“We Didn’t Find Any Results For Your Search.”

After several letters between me and CS, I was informed that they can do that same search and get results. In other words, the search results we get may not be the ones everyone else gets.

That worries me, if I search “brand names,” I see I’m on the first page, second row. But how do I know everyone else gets the same results I’m getting?

I search “brand name” and can’t find myself. It’s crazy! Take out an s and you disappear, regardless of the tags you’re using.

If that wasn’t bad enough, I have 14 gigs, I don’t have time to search them all one by one.

My income is terrible, it’s been 4 days and I’ve only made $12.

I did better in the past:

December 2017

1 72

2 20

3 56

4 40

November 2017

1 32

2 224

3 76

4 32

October 2017

1 0

2 96

3 148

4 104.8

January 2018

1 20

2 40

3 24

4 44

Now it’s like I’m cursed. All these years working on Fiverr, raising all the way to TRS (then demoted), getting thousands of reviews, and now it’s like it didn’t even happen. Like I’m a brand new seller with no experience.

When I write “facebook copywriter,” I get

“We Didn’t Find Any Results For Your Search.”

After several letters between me and CS, I was informed that they can do that same search and get results. In other words, the search results we get may not be the ones everyone else gets.

That worries me, if I search “brand names,” I see I’m on the first page, second row. But how do I know everyone else gets the same results I’m getting?

I search “brand name” and can’t find myself. It’s crazy! Take out an s and you disappear, regardless of the tags you’re using.

If that wasn’t bad enough, I have 14 gigs, I don’t have time to search them all one by one.

My income is terrible, it’s been 4 days and I’ve only made $12.

I did better in the past:

December 2017

1 72

2 20

3 56

4 40

November 2017

1 32

2 224

3 76

4 32

October 2017

1 0

2 96

3 148

4 104.8

January 2018

1 20

2 40

3 24

4 44

Now it’s like I’m cursed. All these years working on Fiverr, raising all the way to TRS (then demoted), getting thousands of reviews, and now it’s like it didn’t even happen. Like I’m a brand new seller with no experience.

I am sad 😔 to hear of your struggles. I am sure it is frustrating. I have no suggestions to offer. Just know I am sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

Archived