New Sellers .... No Integrity .... No Success!

lloydsolutions

Everyone who creates a gig on Fiverr wants to succeed. However, no matter what some guru has said you can not just “throw together” any old gig and expect to make a fortune on Fiverr.

Buyers are not stupid and they can see if your photo is false, your gig description has been copied and your writing gig has a description full of grammatical errors.

So be true to yourself. Only offer a gig for something for which you can truly provide a professional service. Be yourself and buyers will see that and trust you.

Do that and buyers will pass the contrived gigs by and decide to give you a chance as a new seller!

Good luck! 🙂

I agree 100000% with what you said here,

On 7/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, lloydsolutions said:

However, no matter what some guru has said you can not just “throw together” any old gig and expect to make a fortune on Fiverr.

but from my past experience, then some people would ask “OK then, so, what do I? How do I do it? Can you teach me?”

As in “can you spoon feed me every single information step-by-step.”

if your photo is false, your gig description has been copied and your writing gig has a description full of grammatical errors.

Then others will ask “Please fix my gig description for me”

They can order an editing gig, but it seems a lot of people are not willing to take that extra step. Another thing is, ( and I know this is going to sound bad) it seems like some people are simply not aware of how poor their language skills are.

In other cases they don’t know that having proper grammar in their description is VERY important. I remember seeing a new seller several years ago, and he was offering logo designs and his English was…well, pretty bad. He kept saying he was not getting orders, and people told him that 1. his designs were not that good, 2. He really needs to work on his English.

He basically snapped back saying that because he is offering a design gig and NOT a writing gig, his English skills should not matter.

We gave up after that because he simply did not get it.

I’ve seen sooooo many “how to be successful” posts here, and I think ALL of them had “be sure to have correct grammar in your description” and I see so many “Oh wow thank you for that great tip” reply. I’m sorry if this sounds mean, but if you think something as basic as having correct grammar is a great tip, those people are not ready yet.

be true to yourself.

Sadly we will continue to see people who are not.

Only offer a gig for something for which you can truly provide a professional service.

Sadly some people are not aware that they simply do not have the proper skills. Maybe they truly believe they’ve got it, but they don’t.

People can read this post ( and many other similar ones), but I really hope at least one or two of them will not just read it, but fully understand it, and take action.

BTW, take action does not include:

*begging
*spamming
*sit in front of your PC and wait

…Wow, I sound so bitter here. 😮 Pardon me!

Oh, I forgot to put sugar in my coffee, that’s why…AND IT’S MONDAY!! 

I’ll be back again later, next time I’ll be sounding more cheerful hopefully. 😊 

On 7/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, zeus777 said:

Then others will ask “Please fix my gig description for me”

They can order an editing gig, but it seems a lot of people are not willing to take that extra step. Another thing is, ( and I know this is going to sound bad) it seems like some people are simply not aware of how poor their language skills are.

I have mixed feelings about helping sellers “fix” their gig for them, especially when they claim to be proofreaders or writers. Not because I think they should order a gig for it, but because I feel if we make their gigs perfect for spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, and sentence fluency it seems that it is helping them deceive their buyers.

People can read this post ( and many other similar ones), but I really hope at least one or two of them will not just read it, but fully understand it, and take action.

BTW, take action does not include:

*begging
*spamming
*sit in front of your PC and wait

It seems that more and more new sellers are not merely introducing themselves anymore. 🙁 I remember when that is what new people did when they first got to the Forum. Then once they were known or had hung around the Forum for a bit then they would ask for help.

Now it seems the newbies say, “Hello, please help me be successful.” Or “I am new here give me expert advice please experienced sellers.” It is like saying, please make the begging somehow okay. I am getting so I ignore these types of posts more and more. 😕

I’ll be back again later, next time I’ll be sounding more cheerful hopefully. 😊

It is always good to 👁️ 

On 7/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, vickiespencer said:

It is always good to 👁️

Aweee, thank you! 😃

BTW right now I’m having coffee with a nice Russian tea cake so I am not in a bitter mood right now.

Love love, Russian tea cake.

I have NO idea why they are called tea cakes, they look like cookies to me.

Are they really from Russia??

The only thing I will complain about this lovely snack is that it leaves a mountain of crumbs behind, and my fingers get covered with power sugar…

OK, back to work! 😃 

On 7/30/2018 at 3:31 PM, vickiespencer said:

I have mixed feelings about helping sellers “fix” their gig for them, especially when they claim to be proofreaders or writers. 

On 7/30/2018 at 3:31 PM, vickiespencer said:

it seems that it is helping them deceive their buyers.

I agree with this a 100%. I wouldn’t do that either. I have had a few approach me for this exact thing and I have been able to deflect them away. 

Last week I came across a blog post that told people how they could earn fast and easy a lot of money. They suggested to look what gigs are popular and just offer the same stuff.
Since I saw this blog post and the tons of fortune seekers who reacted to it, I’m not surprised anymore that there are so many stolen gig descriptions, fake profile images, phony sellers and tons of ‘How to mek sell’ posts here.
People are just stupid.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:08 PM, zeus777 said:

BTW right now I’m having coffee with a nice Russian tea cake so I am not in a bitter mood right now.

I am glad you are back to your sweet self and that a sweet treat helped get you there.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:08 PM, zeus777 said:

I have NO idea why they are called tea cakes, they look like cookies to me. Are they really from Russia??

My mom called them Mexican wedding cakes, and I have I have friends who call them Russian wedding cakes. My mom-in-law made something similar in a log shape and called them pecan fingers. Yes, they leave many crumbs, and they are covered in powdered sugar that gets everywhere. 

On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 PM, epiphanyanimati said:

but does Fiverr team actually review the gig before it is posted publicly? Because it seems like there are so many gigs out there that plagiarize others’ work.

I think they are maybe reviewed by a bot that checks for words like “academic” and other words that indicate the gig is against TOS. I do not think they are evaluated to see if they are plagiarizing other sellers gigs. 

On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 PM, vickiespencer said:

I think they are maybe reviewed by a bot that checks for words like “academic” and other words that indicate the gig is against TOS. I do not think they are evaluated to see if they are plagiarizing other sellers gigs.

Well that’s not very helpful! 

If you can remember four words, remember this:

DO WHAT YOU KNOW.

If you do, you’ll avoid a lot of headaches, problems, etc.

As a new seller, should do what you are very experienced at, in order to get sales.

However, I used Fiverr to develop my skills. In the beginning, my animation style was not too good and I just started animation, but I was able to improve after I received more experience and more orders.

Now, I am able to charge higher prices than I was charging at the beginning of my Fiverr journey.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, mariokluser said:

Last week I came across a blog post that told people how they could earn fast and easy a lot of money. They suggested to look what gigs are popular and just offer the same stuff.

Since I saw this blog post and the tons of fortune seekers who reacted to it, I’m not surprised anymore that there are so many stolen gig descriptions, fake profile images, phony sellers and tons of ‘How to mek sell’ posts here.

Anything about how to win the lottery? 😅

On a serious note: The shady internet gurus give these people so much damn hope. They are selling a dream that sadly will not become a reality. Woh-woh!

On 7/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, mariokluser said:

People are just stupid.

Unfortunately, some people are gullible. 

On 7/31/2018 at 11:45 AM, epiphanyanimati said:

However, I used Fiverr to develop my skills. In the beginning, my animation style was not too good and I just started animation, but I was able to improve after I received more experience and more orders.

What if they want something beyond your capabilities? For example, I’ve been learning German for the past 3-years, but I’m not comfortable enough offering German headlines, German e-mails, etc. German clients deserve a German-speaking copywriter, not one who will have to use Google translate.

My point is you have to know what you’re doing to succeed here. 

On 7/31/2018 at 1:36 PM, fastcopywriter said:

What if they want something beyond your capabilities? 

Then I would reject the order…my clients always contact me before they order.

In the beginning of my Fiverr journey, I was just trying to develop my skills, and now that I have developed my skills, I can get even more orders. In the beginning, I just had 1 or 2 orders every month. But now I can get 10 per month, more than enough orders because I am busy with school and work. 😀 

Don’t matter if your clients contact you before they order. What starts as a promising experience can turn into a disaster.

One of my clients told me this:

“PLEASE DO AN AMAZING JOB! I WILL PAY YOU AND EXTRA $200 THROUGH FIVERR IF WE USE YOUR SLOGAN!!!”

The fink gave me a 4.3 review and wrote “Just OK slogans.” I worked my butt off for this guy, he paid for 10 slogans, I gave him 22, then another 22 when he asked for a revision. This is a gig with no negative reviews, so 4.3 (4.5 stars) is an insult.

Moreover, I did not get the extra $200 or even an extra $10. Suffice to say, I learned from this experience- never believe buyers when they promise anything.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:23 PM, epiphanyanimati said:

But now I can get 10 per month, more than enough orders because I am busy with school and work.

I’d be freaking out with only 10 orders a month, but then again, I suppose you’re charging more than $10, $20, $30. I’m a volume-driven seller, to feel happy, I need at least 5 orders a day. Anything above $50 a day makes me happy. 

On 7/31/2018 at 3:23 PM, fastcopywriter said:

The fink gave me a 4.3 review and wrote “Just OK slogans.” I worked my butt off for this guy, he paid for 10 slogans, I gave him 22, then another 22 when he asked for a revision. This is a gig with no negative reviews, so 4.3 (4.5 stars) is an insult.

He paid $20 for ten slogans, and you gave him 44 slogans! 😮

Could it be possible that you are SEVERELY undervaluing your work?

On 7/31/2018 at 6:52 PM, fastcopywriter said:

“PLEASE DO AN AMAZING JOB! I WILL PAY YOU AND EXTRA $200 THROUGH FIVERR IF WE USE YOUR SLOGAN!!!”

This is a lie that terrible buyers say to convince you to do extra work. See also: “I will tip you.” “I will have more work for you.”

On 8/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, jonbaas said:

On 8/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, jonbaas said:

He paid $20 for ten slogans, and you gave him 44 slogans! 😮

I felt that by over delivering, the chances of creating a fantastic slogan would increase. Of course, it’s totally subjective, what’s “fantastic” for one client is “meh” for someone else. 

On 8/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, fastcopywriter said:

I felt that by over delivering, the chances of creating a fantastic slogan would increase.

I see. Of course, when delivering a massive collection of ideas, you lose the ability to focus greatness on only a few stellar ideas. Quantity does not necessarily equal better quality.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Of course, it’s totally subjective, what’s “fantastic” for one client is “meh” for someone else.

That’s why you don’t look at the project as “subjective”, and really work to dig into what the client needs and asks for. Brainstorming random names or taglines, is not the same thing as developing a top-quality brand. 😉 

On 8/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, jonbaas said:

That’s why you don’t look at the project as “subjective”, and really work to dig into what the client needs and asks for. 

My client was an idiot who wanted “peace of mind” in every slogan. I listened to that idiot, gave him what he wanted and instead of being grateful, insulted me with a 4.3 star review.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, jonbaas said:

Brainstorming random names or taglines, is not the same thing as developing a top-quality brand.

Everything starts with a brainstorming. Even if one is only presenting one brand to one’s client, I’m sure people brainstorm 10 or 20 or 50, and then chose the best one for the client.

I doubt brand creators and slogan writers sit for 30 minutes, looking at the computer screen, waiting for the muse to inspire some idea. Stephen King can afford writer’s block, copywriters can’t. 

Archived