New seller's policy!

frank_d

poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are emphasizing more and more on us avoiding cancellations like the plague.

Also is it me or did they add a link to etsy when they link to gigs??

Yeah I noticed that under the false misaccurate and misleading link. Whomever wrote that might have had that on their clipboard by accident

I think they are emphasizing more and more on us avoiding cancellations like the plague.

They sure did. Ain’t got the time to read it yet, but I’ll random guess that it carries a similar message to theirs? Maybe you’ll highlight that when you’re done reading.

Well, that says something and indeed seller are cancelling to quick and too often. I wonder why?

Well, that says something and indeed seller are cancelling to quick and too often. I wonder why?

Fiverr is trying to pressure sellers to complete more orders.

Keeps buyers happy, Fiverr gets to access $$$ faster.

So lots of sellers refunded like crazy because they misleaded buyers into purchasing their gigs, and when they delivered something of poor quality, they always offered a refund to avoid a 1 star review.

So the next buyer could not see any negative reviews.

Fiverr finally picked up on that, and this update is essentially a “you’re on your own” nod to all sub-par sellers.

Muddied waters indeed. In the cancellation section, after a lot of the usual, a wild contradiction appears!

[cancellations] also factors into your Gig’s position in search rankings.

That said, I don’t see anything here that specifically ties into my post (the nefarious one). Still, it’s a work in progress. Not a very good one, but let’s not dwell on that.

What I am saying here though, is that ONE sentence is a direct contradiction of all the little drama of the past week on the forum re: the cancellation rate upgrade.

Fiverr: do or don’t, but quit the goshdarn runaround with it all, for the love of God. “Doers” don’t like getting **** about very much.

EDIT: really, mods, I didn’t even use that word in the bit that was censored! But that’s cool, because that’s the word I really wanted to say.

Muddied waters indeed. In the cancellation section, after a lot of the usual, a wild contradiction appears!

[cancellations] also factors into your Gig’s position in search rankings.

That said, I don’t see anything here that specifically ties into my post (the nefarious one). Still, it’s a work in progress. Not a very good one, but let’s not dwell on that.

What I am saying here though, is that ONE sentence is a direct contradiction of all the little drama of the past week on the forum re: the cancellation rate upgrade.

Fiverr: do or don’t, but quit the goshdarn runaround with it all, for the love of God. “Doers” don’t like getting **** about very much.

EDIT: really, mods, I didn’t even use that word in the bit that was censored! But that’s cool, because that’s the word I really wanted to say.

It is a huge contradiction isn’t it?

It’s like their initial “be cool it’s just a metric for tmyou”, no longer stands.

At least now we officially know?

It is a huge contradiction isn’t it?

It’s like their initial “be cool it’s just a metric for tmyou”, no longer stands.

At least now we officially know?

IDK, the etsy link (can someone screenshot that so the mouse icon is over the hyperlink and the thing at the bottom left is highlighted? I tried, but can’t be bothered to discover how. And I’m sure someone here has the tool!) reveals that this was kinda slapdash.

Hmm. Satisfactory experience, shall we say. 3.4 stars? Knock another one off for the complete lack of communication between departments that ultimately affects the workforce paying for all these grandiose new policy changes.

Including me never becoming a REGULAR so I don’t have anything to aspire to on the forum now. Probably. Just shovelling in a minor gripe there.

IDK, the etsy link (can someone screenshot that so the mouse icon is over the hyperlink and the thing at the bottom left is highlighted? I tried, but can’t be bothered to discover how. And I’m sure someone here has the tool!) reveals that this was kinda slapdash.

Hmm. Satisfactory experience, shall we say. 3.4 stars? Knock another one off for the complete lack of communication between departments that ultimately affects the workforce paying for all these grandiose new policy changes.

Including me never becoming a REGULAR so I don’t have anything to aspire to on the forum now. Probably. Just shovelling in a minor gripe there.

I closed shop for the night so I can’t take that screenshot unfortunately

Fiverr has an Etsy TOS URL in a link where it is stressing new changes to its system, and it also accidentally confirmed that cancellations do matter. I’d read it!

I just got a glitched 4.7 review. SIGH

Fiverr, could you kindly sort out your shit glitches and internal policy before “getting shit done”? Thanks.

I strongly disagree that 99% can be avoided. 50% of my cancellations have been because the buyer has disappeared after ordering without filling out the requirements and wont respond to messages and monthly nudges. Um well sure there is no need to cancel those really but you can never complete them. The second most common reason has been accidental orders.

I strongly disagree that 99% can be avoided. 50% of my cancellations have been because the buyer has disappeared after ordering without filling out the requirements and wont respond to messages and monthly nudges. Um well sure there is no need to cancel those really but you can never complete them. The second most common reason has been accidental orders.

The entire blog post is a badly-written fantasy.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I find little to disagree with, @silkroute, but given that the cancellation ratio was messed around with this week and–just like Helen of Troy–it launched 1,000 complaints, it’s an interesting phrase.

Besides, if you find my most recent post (just search nerfarious and look for the clickbait) you’ll see that the revision policy has submerged.

I don’t have an issue with the changes, just wish they’d be more upfront. As you can see, the one buyer on this thread is more focused on me and saying words like SHIT and derailing the thread; indeed, he has come to the forum to expressly share negative feelings about the platform rather than work with good sellers on it and learn how to use it better. Because if anything @multidrama, this is a platform where you will save thousands, but you have to spend a penny of your time before picking to learn how it works.

All you’re achieving here is getting yourself added onto a lot of very good sellers’ blacklists–and that’s friendly advice.

EDIT: @silkroute loves to delete anything that smells of controversy, but this post stands.

I find little to disagree with, @silkroute, but given that the cancellation ratio was messed around with this week and–just like Helen of Troy–it launched 1,000 complaints, it’s an interesting phrase.

Besides, if you find my most recent post (just search nerfarious and look for the clickbait) you’ll see that the revision policy has submerged.

I don’t have an issue with the changes, just wish they’d be more upfront. As you can see, the one buyer on this thread is more focused on me and saying words like SHIT and derailing the thread; indeed, he has come to the forum to expressly share negative feelings about the platform rather than work with good sellers on it and learn how to use it better. Because if anything @multidrama, this is a platform where you will save thousands, but you have to spend a penny of your time before picking to learn how it works.

All you’re achieving here is getting yourself added onto a lot of very good sellers’ blacklists–and that’s friendly advice.

EDIT: @silkroute loves to delete anything that smells of controversy, but this post stands.

@silkroute loves to delete anything that smells of controversy, but this post stands.

He should stop doing that. Really irritating.

Yes.

I took your friendly advice and acted on it.

Unless this wasn’t addressed to me :

getting yourself added onto a lot of very good sellers’ blacklists–and that’s friendly advice.

@writer99025 I might be a chicken, but I’m a good chicken.

chicken-620x329.jpg.9c7caa88aa0092db92bb7ddc2a0acb86.jpg

Archived