New Sellers .... The True Way to Success!

lloydsolutions

The forum is full of new sellers desperately wanting success.

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

Of course that is not the case!

Selling on Fiverr is just like opening a business.

Imagine you are opening a shop in a town.

You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better.
Or maybe a niche that nobody else has thought of.

That is called research and you must do this before doing anything.

Only offer something for which you have the ability to provide a professional service.

Make sure everything in your profile is accurate. Buyers are not stupid and they will see through deception and move on to buy from someone else.

Your Fiverr account and your forum account are separate.

Posting on the forum will not get you sales.
Use the forum to read and learn from experienced forum members and sellers.

Everything you need to be successful is on the forum or the Fiverr website.

Beware of what you are finding elsewhere!

Read, learn, take action!

Good luck! 🙂

👏 Very well said! The forum is filled with topics made by new sellers with the traditional question “How to be successful on Fiverr? How to get the first order?” Before asking that, I suggest to research for that topic since there are sooo many existing topics with tips for New Sellers. Also, never believe in Easy Money. Money never comes easily, specially in the beginning. Sadly, many youtubers have made people believe that it is easy to make money on Fiverr and they come here unprepared, create a gig and only waste time.

Work hard. Always. Nothing comes easy.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, lloydsolutions said:

Everything you need to be successful is on the forum or the Fiverr website. 

True, SO true, yet people keep searching for another answer…

The super short and super easy tips that are crammed into one little paragraph.

I get the feeling someone might leave a comment like “OK thank you for the tips, so now what do I do to get sales?” 😫 

They should pin your topic because since some days it is full of new sellers spamming about how to get orders then there are already million tutorials on youtube and tips on internet…

I don’t think it’s spam sometimes sellers want other sellers to review their gig. Nothing wrong with that.

• 1 month later...

👏 Very well said! The forum is filled with topics made by new sellers with the traditional question “How to be successful on Fiverr? How to get the first order?” Before asking that, I suggest to research for that topic since there are sooo many existing topics with tips for New Sellers. Also, never believe in Easy Money. Money never comes easily, specially in the beginning. Sadly, many youtubers have made people believe that it is easy to make money on Fiverr and they come here unprepared, create a gig and only waste time.

I mean, it can feel easy, but then you remember all the work you had to do before you could even feel like you can post a gig and it might work

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Some bad people make it easy to earn. In Youtube Channel. we forget that it’s call youtube marketing for this channel. 😆

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure Fiverr and Fiverr forum are working the same way. But When I read your post “Your Fiverr account and your forum account are separate” my concept clear. Because, Click on the Forum option Will be open a new window to read the forum. Your Fiverr account window click a few minutes after than you will be see your profile active status is gray. Your profile is not active. However, Fiverr forum is helpful for salers.

Thank you for the advice but “”

> Your Fiverr account and your forum account are separate

“” i don’t understand this line please tall me about this line.

The Fiverr account is solely for creating, managing and selling your gigs. It is not a place to contact sellers and have discussions about your Freelancing career. If you do need services from another seller then you would need to switch to buying mode and look for a seller for the services you need.

The Fiverr forum is a place to have professional discussions and to learn from other sellers and even buyers, whether new or experienced. Reading some posts from other sellers will help you learn from them and see what you can do to improve your gigs and selling skills.

Also, if you are a seller, it would be beneficial to pay attention to posts by buyers as well. It will help see how their experience is on Fiverr and understanding their mindset. It will also be useful to understand what not to do and not make mistakes when you are dealing with buyers.

The forum is not a place to sell your gigs. That is taken as spam and a short cut without doing the actual work of promoting your gigs. You can get your gigs reviewed though.

The Fiverr account and Fiverr forum account fall under the Fiverr platform. You can use the same username and password to login, but you have to login separately, either via the app or the website. Logging on to the Fiverr account does not mean you are automatically logged in to the Fiverr forum account.

I hope this helps.

I think these points are accurate but the one thing I will add that in my opinion is one of he most important yet overlooked factors. You need to actually be good at the service you provide. Most freelancers are just not that good at what they do and no amount of marketing, fancy verbiage, promotional ads, pricing, communication, forum posts, etc. is going to fix that fact. You first need to actually be good at what you do, then you can actually start to compete on other fronts.

As a TRS I can tell you this, the vast majority of my clients say to me that the reason they chose me was because my portfolio of work was some of the best they had heard on fiverr. Yes my profile is professional with great pictures and all that good stuff, but none of that would matter if my work was awful.

At least in my industry (music), the quality of your work is very important because it’s the main metric people use to compared you to others. If you do great work, people largely don’t care about anything else. 

@kholland65 You make a very good point about maintaining high quality standards of work. To maintain that one has to practice their craft as much as possible. In this context, it is also a really good idea to let your work and customer reviews speak for themselves. However, all the good quality hard work will mean nothing if one cannot get the word out that a person who does such good quality hard work exists. I think that’s where promoting a gig comes in. Otherwise, one can just get lost in the massive workforce pool. Competition can be a bad thing.

@kholland65 You make a very good point about maintaining high quality standards of work. To maintain that one has to practice their craft as much as possible. In this context, it is also a really good idea to let your work and customer reviews speak for themselves. However, all the good quality hard work will mean nothing if one cannot get the word out that a person who does such good quality hard work exists. I think that’s where promoting a gig comes in. Otherwise, one can just get lost in the massive workforce pool. Competition can be a bad thing.

This is true, both things go hand in hand. In my case, fiverr essentially takes care of the marketing. I’ve never gone out of my way to promote my gig and I still achieved TRS in a few years and now have consistent work.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:39 AM, kholland65 said:

You need to actually be good at the service you provide.

Amen to that, as a fellow TRS and Pro Cert, I get many “repair jobs” because customers tried to go as cheap as possible then end up paying a lot more than if they chose a trusted seller right away.

On the other side I get contacted by up to 20 spammers/scammers a day that obvoiusly want to make money selling “google translate” translations wondering why they don’t get orders.

People think Fiverr and freelancing in the online Gig-Economy in general is some magic way to make free money, when in reality it is no different than any other job - if you are not good you will not be very successful in the long term.

I would also add this:

Keep in mind that neither Fiverr nor the customers have an obligation to give you work / money, you need to earn that.

On 3/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, designerraselbd said:

I have good skills, But I don’t find a job.

At a quick glance I noticed that there are quite a few grammar issues in the texts of your gigs, that is something that MUST be perfect, as it can quickly put off potential customers.

Hope this helps you out a bit 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

You are right to say, our country has many YouTubers and Bloggers, they said that freelancing is a very easy earning way and high earning source as so lots of people come on the freelance marketplace without skills, that’s why they do not understand how properly communicate and how to work in this field, as so they post “how to get the order” “I am new on Fiverr” etc. I think all people should gain proper knowledge and skill then come on freelance marketplace.
Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You are right to say, our country has many YouTubers and Bloggers, they said that freelancing is a very easy earning way and high earning source as so lots of people come on the freelance marketplace without skills, that’s why they do not understand how properly communicate and how to work in this field, as so they post “how to get the order” “I am new on Fiverr” etc. I think all people should gain proper knowledge and skill then come on freelance marketplace.

Thank you.

Well, many youtubers and bloggers are simply presenting freelancers but they did not say that it is “possible to make money with one click”. They are referring to hard work and time somewhere. However, they use motifs for beganers on youtube. Patience is the key to success.

• 3 weeks later...

You are absolutely right. Many YouTubers spread wrong information about freelancing and freelancing market place and people rush over here without any skills. And that create problem for people who have the skills. I completed a graphic designer course from a incredible institute from my country but it’s still very hard for me to get order. I think Fiverr should be more strict about account creation as a freelancer.

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic
On 6/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, developernasim said:

Thanks for your great advice....🙂

On 6/23/2021 at 1:51 PM, mukterhossain52 said:

Thank you for the advice

On 6/24/2021 at 3:02 AM, ibrahim_275 said:

Good topic. It will be helpful for all new seller like me.

Thanks for good advice.

I’m really glad to see that you guys are enjoying the forum. 
as you can see it’s a new platform and now instead of writing “thank you” post and cluttering the topic you can just put “thank you” reaction on the post. It’s like putting a “like button” but you get to choose “thank you” reaction.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, flcr_hamidul said:

Thank you so much there, very helpful topic

On 6/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, palash_acc said:

Thank you.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:28 PM, kumartapos said:

Thanks for your valuable information.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, risanzahamed said:

Wow great

On 6/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, mdridoy1403 said:

Tnx

Guys, come on. Looks like you missed some points from comments. Hint: there is “thanks” reaction instead of writing spam “thanks” messages 

3C3B89AA-CD70-4E34-8D98-8510923840EB.jpeg

On 6/24/2021 at 8:12 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

Guys, come on. Looks like you missed some points from comments. Hint: there is “thanks” reaction instead of writing spam “thanks” messages 

3C3B89AA-CD70-4E34-8D98-8510923840EB.jpeg

It's pointless. They can't read. I bet you $100 we will have a "thank you very helpful" post within the next 3 or 4.

Archived