Fiverr Community Forum

New Sellers, The Truth Is this

Fiverr does not generate clients for you. You have to work for them.

It’s not just as simple as creating an account and watching the money pile up. I’ve seen many posts where new creatives ask and say the same things:

• “Where are the orders?”
  • “How come I’m not selling?”
  • “I got a few sales, but now nothing”
  • “Is there a secret?”
  • “How to move up the rankings?”
  • “Who Killed 2pac?”

My points are the following:

• If you’re not offering a service that’s unique and stands out from the 1000’s in your field, success will be difficult.

• If you’re not willing to market yourself daily to generate clientele, success will be difficult.

• If you’re not skilled at what you’re offering and promote dishonesty, success will be difficult.

• If you lack a creative, professional presentation of your services, success will be difficult.

Fiverr is many things, such as a resume builder, a side hobby, and for some, a career. But like gambling, it’s all a crap shoot. It’s a leap of faith. You cannot expect ANYTHING to happen for you. Level 1’s learn about it, Level 2’s understand it, and TOS’s practice it. It’s a tough, tough thing to do and I mean that in the most meaningful way I can put into text. THIS IS NOT EASY!

Be willing to work to reap the rewards. I kid you not. Everything explained above is just a small piece of the puzzle. This is not to discourage anyone new, but to advocate understanding. Stay motivated, work very hard, and good luck to you all.

Guess i was under the wrong impression all along. People on fiverr don’t know tupac is still alive and living in Cuba. What has this world come to?

I just got my first sale today! Yeah! I can see how the more you engage on the site, the more traffic your gigs get. OK, so I’m willing to work at it. Do you have any advice on how to stand out from the crowd?

well just two before make my first ever gig and I got first order… interseting thing is that my gid is still not appear in search bar … but i am able received …my first order… any one helpme to appear in search bar?

Dude, if I were a top rated seller like you I would write a similar post. After reading so many posts in the forum, once I wanted to post something like your post, but then I remembered that I am a newbie. I would sound like a smartass :stuck_out_tongue:

“Who Killed 2pac?”

That’s freaky…I just wrote an 800 word article on that in the morning…

And before that, I had no idea who 2pac was…

It was the killuminati! OBVIOUSLY.

But yeah, everything else. About 70% of this forum is poorly-written regurgitated bilge about a lack of work. Stop it guys, write something entertaining like an unreasonable or slanderous complaint. I love those.

Well done! You are right, engaging on the forum is certainly a great way to make more sales. Help others using your talents, they are in the hundreds here asking for questions. Go to the ¨Available Projects¨ daily and you will always find someone who needs your services. Then, promote your Gigs, social media is one of the best place I know for that. The first few sales are the hardest to get, make sure that you deliver a perfect job because you will need those five stars to attract more buyers, and good luck! :slight_smile:

We were all new at one point bud. I think new comers with great ideas are free to express on how to be successful. The unfortunate side is that the majority won’t take it seriously all because of a badge next to your profile pic, even if it’s great advice.

2pac came after 1pac. Before 1pac, there was just Pac, and Pac was awesome lol

A great presentation of your gig goes a long way. That’s a huge key to a successful gig. Clients who come to Fivver very much rely on their eyes. Add great, professionally done gig videos. You will see a difference. It was definitely a big part of my success.

True. But I personally won´t give tips about something before I prove it myself that it worked. For now, perhaps the only tips I could give is about how to NOT get clients on Fiverr, based on my own experience (laziness, not providing samples, etc). LOL.

I’m a new seller and am looking forward to getting my first sale. Where is this “Available Projects” page?

I have a couple of sells through the available projects. However, sometimes looks the offers still the same every day. Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Anyone knows how the available projects pop up in a daily base?
Or there is some kind o management by Fiverr in the way that shows up?

I could have spent the night watching X-Files on Netflix, now you mention it.

Dammit.

I Agree with Tenth Tier Media. A video will go a long way. I often have people tell me they chose my gig because they liked my video. People like to see who they are working with. It gives them a sense of comfort and ease.

That’s great advice. How do you market yourself daily?

What about Ms. Pac?