New Sheriff in town.. (Moderator) [ARCHIVED]

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

So I see there is a new sheriff in town (here on the forums) I am not going to name names as I will turn this into a Where’s Waldo search…My question is this, is there room for just one Sheriff here in the fiverr forums or will there be several sheriffs patroling this new fiverr community?

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @kevinwil: Yeah that is what I figured, I have been on too many forums over the past 20 years to know that only a few administrators can keep a board civil they will need help, glad you all recruited some great sheriffs!

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @caiterz: As the forum grows yes it will be needed as forums are prime for trolls, I have seen many a forum crash and burn without sheriffs to patrol the streets but also remember as fiverr sellers we are also deputies

I used to be a moderator on a forum. A very, very big and well known one and the amount of stuff that goes on is just not funny. People start slinging round insults, making posts that have legal implications and just generally behaving in a very silly manner, forums bring out the best and the worst in people and trying to keep things under control can turn into a full time job to the detriment of your own work and business. I think they are needed and good luck to them!

@oranjewebdesign you would not believe the lengths people go to to avoid detection, even going so far as to work out when mods are asleep or not around. Some people don’t care about getting banned and just change their IP or use a proxy and just sign up again under different names, but you soon catch them as they type the same old rubbish in the same old way. With this forum they are out of luck as your account on here is directly linked to your fiverr account which is a really good idea on so many levels and I’m sure it has kept people from trying any “dodgy business” so far.

Archived