Fiverr Forum

New silly 'Fiverr Rule'

If a buyer cancels an order, you now have to wait for them to contact YOU in order to get permission for negative feedback to be removed.

I had a couple recently as I got sick and the customers said they would wait, but I was sick for a little too long.

I dropped them a message asking for feedback removal, they said ‘yes’ and they all reordered within minutes of cancellation.

BUT apparently asking for feedback removal and for them to reorder is now against the ToS as this is ‘soliciting’ feedback removal. Which means that the feedback can’t be removed, even though the buyer gave permission and then left immensely positive feedback upon order delivery.

HOW ELSE AM I MEANT TO GET THE PERSON TO REORDER?

MOST DON’T EVEN KNOW CANCELLATION LEADS TO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND THEY WOULD NEVER EVEN SEE IT ON YOUR GIG.

I have two buyers LITERALLY saying:

"Yes. I will reorder. Yes. You can have feedback removed’

But OH NO. I broke the ToS. One of the buyers even got in touch with customer support for the feedback to be removed and they still said no due to ‘solicitation’. FML.

This MEANS that if you now get in touch with a buyer to ask why they left a low rating or something, or maybe even ask them if everything is OK etc. you would have broke the ToS as this is soliciting feedback.

But, then again, this could also be silly Customer Service agents as this is the first time this one has responded to any of my tickets.

"In regards to the feedback, please note that it is against our Terms of Service for sellers to solicit the removal of feedback from buyers, "

It happened it to me too.

Well my friend this also happens to me. And i just want to say Fiverr need to protect their seller too not only for buyer

You are not alone in your observation. It is hard to figure out why Fiverr is doing this but I’m lost for words. I don’t think it helps my or Fiverr’s bottom line so I’m a bit puzzled what this is all about.

Tara, who normally removes the feedback for me, stated that they have had a massive change in their terms of service. I can’t see a single change there which prevents this. If the buyer clearly gives permission, then surely that should be enough?

But no, now the buyer has to jump through hoops. The one buyer that did jump through hoops had his request for the feedback removal declined. He left a massively positive review as soon as the content was delivered and he does not want it there and he is just as confused as I am.

The Terms of Service say that the feedback system is a rating of what the customer experienced. The customer does not wish to rate with a negative because that was not their experience.

This is the MOST confusing change they have made in a while and it doesn’t really benefit anybody. The conversation goes like this:

“Hey. Sorry about that. I was sick. if you want to reorder, I can deliver it in 1 hour”

“Sure. I will reorder. I love your work anyway”

Ryan delivers

“Hey. Any chance of getting the initial negative feedback from the cancellation removed?”

“Sure! No Problem! I give permission”

No bribery, nothing. This change is ‘apparently’ meant to stop bribery, but the customer has received nothing for free. The customer has received the order they paid for which they loved and they are giving feedback removal permission out of the goodness of their heart.

Why must a negative feedback be removed by the way? I, at present have a lot of complaints against my seller, I wrote and wrote, and she wasn’t replying until I I gave my negative feedback, yet, she isn’t sober, but ending up with a boastful word, that the buyer changed the order, whereas it wasn’t true. I’m ready to discuss this here, and I’m waiting for the Admin of Fiverr to talk or write on the issue still.

When buyers are aggrieved, it’s better to keep the general rule that ‘Customers are always right’ otherwise, they could go at any lenght to destroy the image of the whole Organization.

They need to update their ToS and see the case. Even when buyer need to remove their feedback. And we have agreed tonremove the feedback but yet getting a respond from customer care.

Few days ago, a so called “buyer” or a scum bag as I prefer to call him, placed an order providing vague description of what he wanted regardless of the prominent “PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH CLEAR AND DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS” note I put in my gig ordering page. I contacted him multiple times but no response received. The next day I found that he just cancelled the order!! not only that, but he deleted his account on Fiverr too! so why for the love of everything that’s holy did he do that? and is there anyway I can remove such negative feedback?

That is INSANE!

There are a lot of those things happening lately. Very confusing.

@Ryan I’m going to try to go through ToS again, it’s changed a few times. Do you know if this specific mention about soliciting feedback (or soliciting removal) is in ToS or a KB article or where it is? Messy, messy.

Exactly that happened to me as well! Except she did not remove herself from Fiverr. And in addition, she tried to make me do stuff that was not on my gig, even though I repeatedly told her that I am a WRITER, not an ARTIST. Initially she placed an order for two 6-paged papers on an artwork. Instructions sent before the order said that I had to do these two papers on three studies made from different perspectives done by her. But she did not deliver the artwork or the studies. After numerous requests for her to deliver the images with no reponse from from her, I requested a cancellation. She refused the cancellation, then sent me 4 images, which I assumed would be the artwork plus the three studies. They turned out to be two images each of two artworks. Turned out she wanted me to do the studies on both artworks, PLUS a 6-paged paper on EACH study. It took me a while to get her attention, and then I decided “no more”. I contacted “help and support” and requested that they investigate for me. This took about an an hour, and then I got a notification that the order had been cancelled by Fiverr without changing my ratings. So it does help to turn to Fiverr for help.

I recently ran into a buyer that tried to make me do stuff that was not on my gig, even though I repeatedly told her that I am a WRITER, not an ARTIST. Initially she placed an order for two 6-paged papers on an artwork. Instructions sent before the order said that I had to do these two papers on three studies made from different perspectives done by her. But she did not deliver the artwork or the studies. After numerous requests for her to deliver the images with no reponse from from her, I requested a cancellation. She refused the cancellation, then sent me 4 images, which I assumed would be the artwork plus the three studies. They turned out to be two images each of two artworks. Turned out she wanted me to do the studies on both artworks, PLUS a 6-paged paper on EACH artwork. It took me a while to get her attention with no luck, and then I decided “no more”. I contacted “help and support” and requested that they investigate for me. This took about an an hour, and then I got a notification that the order had been cancelled by Fiverr without changing my ratings. So it does help to turn to Fiverr for help.

Correction:

"Turned out she wanted me to do the studies on both artworks, PLUS a 6-paged paper on EACH (study)… “study” should read “artwork”.

Exactly!

Fiverr is a world in its self. It’s HUGE and has members from all over the world. You may find extremely generous and honest buyers but you might also stumble upon some rude/scamming/unfriendly/fishy buyers. Thankfully, the good guys are far more dominant than the bad guys!

Not Ryan obviously, but since I read the TOS now like 3 times or so…

<<Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their buyers through mutual cancellations.>>

It´s in the TOS themselves, under the header ‘Reviews’.

There is no elaboration, just the bit I quoted.

Of course they must not, if they are founded, but there are legitimate cases when they should be removed, like obvious ones, when people have multiple accounts to ‘buy from and review themselves’ or ‘arrange for mutual buying/reviewing’, which is against TOS, or ‘competitors’ of sellers who buy a gig for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review for the seller, and there are cases where buyers are clearly abusive, blackmail sellers, call them names and all kinds of things, it happens apparently.
And then the cases where buyers order a gig that is about selling apples, and leave negative feedback, because they got apples and not peaches, well, I´d really need a good explanation for why a review like that should stay…or even weirder cases of buyer behaviour, which you can find posted on the forum.
Generally I agree, negative feedback shouldn´t be removed per se, it´s to inform other buyers about a seller/a seller’s work, and if it´s founded, it´s a good thing.

If your negative feedback is founded, and your seller didn´t reply and all, I doubt that fiverr will remove it, they seem to have become very reluctant to remove feedback lately generally, judging by several forum threads and what with the TOS change regarding ‘soliciting of feedback removal’.

Discussion here is just between forum users though, you´ll only reach staff via Customer Support - just in case, so you won´t wait for an ‘official reply’ here. :slight_smile:

I have people leaving 5 star reviews from the fiverr app which will then show it as only 4.3 or 4.7. The last time this happened the buyer sent me a message she meant to leave 5 stars but it didn’t show up that way, then she contacted CS about it to try to get it changed to 5 stars and still was told I have to ask her to change it.

I would NOT ask her to change it since it was her idea to change it, not mine.
I went through 3 customer service reps before one finally saw what had happened and removed the feedback and sent her a note that she could now put 5 stars.

I expect to go through this a lot, unless they fix that app.