Fiverr just launched a new support area for Fiverr Pros.
Although this is mainly targeted at sellers who are already Fiverr Pros, it’s actually got some really good advice for all Fiverr sellers. These tips can help you get customers, communicate better, ensure repeat business, and boost earnings. Here are a few areas and examples that I thought stood out:
Communicate Like a Pro
"Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success – better communication means better buyer satisfaction, better ratings, better revenue. Keep the following in mind when you’re working with your buyers:
- Answer questions quickly! Buyers usually contact more than one seller for information. The faster you reply, the more likely you are to convert that inquiry into a sale.
- End each message with a question or other reason for your buyer to reply back. Your messages should never leave a buyer wondering where they stand. End every message with a call to action. “Shall I send you a custom offer?” “How does that sound?” “What do you think about XYZ?” etc."
Make an Impression with Your Pro Gig
“On Fiverr, just like in life, first impressions are everything, so use each Gig to make the best possible impression on potential buyers. A carefully curated Gig, with clear images and a detailed description, is the first step to Fiverr success.”
- "Provide your buyers with a status update on a regular basis. Even if the order takes 30 days, or you haven’t started yet, buyers should feel that you didn’t forget about the order.
- If you have an issue with an order, you can use the Resolution Center to assist you. You can extend the delivery time, offer additional revisions, add a custom extra for your buyer to accept, contact Customer Support for further assistance, etc.
- You can boost your income by offering your customers extra services during the order process. For more information, see Offering Extra Services within an Active Order.
- Be transparent in your messages; close each message with a clear call to action, such as question or other reason for your buyer to reply back. Your messages should never leave a buyer wondering where they stand."
Anyway, the whole area is worth a look to understand how Fiverr thinks Pro sellers should be communicating with buyers. Not only will this help you if you want to apply for Pro, but it can also help your Fiverr business in general.
I know not everyone approves of Fiverr Pros, and I’m not going to get into that debate. I’m just sharing this because I think it’s genuinely useful advice, especially for sellers who may not know the Fiverr marketplace that well, to boost their chances of success. Please take this in the spirit it is intended, one of helpfulness