New Tip Feature is Live!

kashmiah

We know our sellers have been asking for this for quite some time. And now the new Tip feature is live! The feature gives buyers a seamless option to leave a tip after an order is marked as complete and a positive review is left (4 stars and above). The tip option will stay open for seven days after the order is complete.

For more information, you can visit our support center page here: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204903447?utm_source=pr_ct&utm_term=S10756

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone not seeing that fiverr still takes a percent out of your tip?

Are you aware that fiverr taxes , the buyer , the seller , and NOW THE SELLER’S TIPS?

Get outta here , I’m not going to pretend I appreciate this feature one bit until fiverr gets their greedy hands out of it for a change.

I think this is great! Being a seller, I’ve had a few of my buyers ask if I had a “tip gig.” I just put one up last week, but now that this is available, and right there for them to see, I hope that more buyers will think, “Why not.” haha! Thank you Fiverr for helping out us sellers to make a little more and feel appreciated for all of the hard work we put into the services we provide 🙂

Reply to @madmoo:

I see your point, but i don’t see any harm in it if there was an option for a seller to hide the tip button on gig pages. Having to mention separately that i do not accept tips just isn’t ideal and might be missed. But i guess as long as its fast and easy to refund any tip portions it will be ok!

Reply to @iam_toby:

I don’t see this as being bad or unfair at all. We are, afterall, conducting business on Fiverr’s freelance platform. They have every right to take a share of each sale – that’s how business works. If you were offering your services on your own website, you own the website, so there’s no one else providing the platform upon which you operate. In that case, all earnings go to you.

If you were to take your services to a trade convention in a convention center somewhere, you get to keep the money you make… but you still have to pay the convention center hosts in order to rent at table/space in their merchant hall.

Fiverr is no different than that convention center example. You are conducting business in someone else’s space. Thus, you need to “pay rent” to operate within that space. 🙂

Archived