New Tips to Increase Sales on Fiverr

Hi guys,

These are just my personal experience.

For Gigs

1. Research top selling gigs. Look at how their title, descriptions and tags are2. Never copy them. Make a proper research so that your URL will have the keywords. URLs are permanent.

2. Use keywords. Make sure your keywords are consistent especially in TITLE, DESCRIPTION, AND TAGS. However, don’t overdo it.

3. Maximise your Tags. Use 5 keywords (don’t repeat, try single word)

4. Stop editing your gigs too often. I edited my gigs several times (I thought updating gig would improve my ranking). Guess what? My gigs become invisible in the search result.

5. Contact customer support. Remember to ask the RIGHT questions if you want to get the right ANSWER. Do some homework before asking them. Send them some screenshot if you have too. Keep it simple and easy to read. Use bullets or numberings.

6. Appreciate customer support. They are not charging us for asking questions. Ask them politely - greet and thank them. You’ll get better and faster response from them. Don’t show your anger towards them since it could be OUR faults.

7. Always check your gigs availability on Fiverr search result using your keywords. At least once a month or when you’re starting to get less order. It your gigs are not there, contact customer support immediately.

8. Use SEO title when creating a gig.

9. Video is not everything. Some best sellers don’t even put video but they put clear and simple images explaining their gigs. Videos sometimes leave a blank preview. Just imagine how many videos buyers have to watch if they’re busy searching for gigs. If you put a clear image, buyers would immediately know the quality of your gig.

With Buyers

1. Install Fiver Apps. This is a really useful and responsive apps. You’ll get messages fast and know your stats too.

2. Don’t keep them waiting. No matter where you are, just reply to your buyer first. They could ‘jump’ to another sellers just because of our late reply. This is why it’s important to install the apps.

3. Respect them. Sometimes buyers wanted to test us. Recently, a buyer was asking as if he doesn’t have enough money but then I ended up getting 3 orders from him. So, just answer their questions politely.

4. Do something extra but within your limits and be sure they are reasonable too.

5. Never over-promise. Always over-deliver. I’m sure you’ll get good reviews.

6. Always ask them to CONTACT you before placing order. So you can arrange your time and be more flexible with the pricing.

7. Be careful. Ask them to send the file first or check everything before making an offer.

8. Ask politely. If you feel a good vibe with your buyer and he forgot to leave review, just ask him to do so but never force him. Sometimes, they are busy and tend to forget. If the buyer is choosy, it’s better not to ask unless you’re a mentalist.

9. Always put your working experience or maybe some previous reviews/testimonials outside Fiverr in your gig description.

All the best, guys. 🙂

***Updates:

1. Writing a Better Gig Title
  2. Crafting a Better Description
  3. No Sales at All. What should we do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the tips!

I do have a question tough, can you change the URL of your gig? I have changed my titels a bit to make them more fitting, but that means they are not the same as the URL. Will this be a problem for me?

You’re welcome.

The URL is permanent. Not to worry, what’s more important is your title, description, and tags should be consistent.

Most importantly, having good review is the King. Just do anything legal and possible to get your first order. Always start with $5 gig.

You can ask your family and friends to order your first gig if it is relevant to them.

You’re welcome.

The URL is permanent. Not to worry, what’s more important is your title, description, and tags should be consistent.

Most importantly, having good review is the King. Just do anything legal and possible to get your first order. Always start with $5 gig.

You can ask your family and friends to order your first gig if it is relevant to them.

Thanks for your answer!

Always start with $5 gig.

I wouldn’t recommend this for just any gig. Your work is worth more then 5 dollars!

I have one question every ask to keep your gig tile as SEO and also the keyword but i honestly i did not understand the SEO Title and Keyword …

This is my gig title and keyword as this SEO optimized please suggest me best SEO title and GIG,
My gig about Vector Tracing category,

These two gigs from same Category “Graphics Designing —> Vector Tracing”

First gig…
I Will Professionally Vectorise, Convert, Trace, Redraw, Customize

Tags:
recreate logo, graphics design, trace, sketch, vectoirze

Second Gig
I Will Redraw Logo From A Shirt, Product, Photo To Vector

Tags:
Vectoirize, redraw, trace logo, T shirt logo, vectorise

Thanks

On 6/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, webdevelopers90 said:

I have one question every ask to keep your gig tile as SEO and also the keyword but i honestly i did not understand the SEO Title and Keyword …

This is my gig title and keyword as this SEO optimized please suggest me best SEO title and GIG, My gig about Vector Tracing category, These two gigs from same Category “Graphics Designing —> Vector Tracing”

First gig… I Will Professionally Vectorise, Convert, Trace, Redraw, Customize
Tags: recreate logo, graphics design, trace, sketch, vectoirze

Second Gig I Will Redraw Logo From A Shirt, Product, Photo To Vector
Tags: Vectoirize, redraw, trace logo, T shirt logo, vectorise

Well done on becoming a graphic designer. I envy your talents since you can earn a lot from this. 🙂

1. I suggest you to search for Vector Tracing on Fiverr. Then choose filter: Best Selling. They are experts in this field so I might not be able to give you powerful keywords.
  2. Choose 3-5 top gigs and follow their keywords and tags. You’ll notice that they use almost the same keywords.
  3. Example of keyword: I will buy educational toys. In this example, the keyword is educational toys, not “I will buy”.
  4. Make sure there’s no spelling error in your TAGS.
  5. Tags should be the words in your customers’ mind when they are searching for gigs. Usually the words are short. Etc: pixel art
  6. Your keyword should be in the title (this is SEO)
  7. SEO is whatever means necessary to make your gigs on top of the list. Keyword is one of the components of SEO. SEO is the mother, keyword is the son.
  8. It takes time for your gigs to be ranked so patient is vital. It took me one month to get my first order.

Hi guys,

Always remember this:

> It’s not about us (sellers), it’s all about Them (Buyers)

Often times, we think buyers want to know more about us (etc: portfolio, work experience), it’s true but most importantly, they want to know what we can OFFER them. Focus on Them, not us.

Set up the right bait.

1. Refer to the best sellers in your niche. Do you find their similarities? Most of them use the same keywords. Add your own words apart from the keywords to make it unique.
  2. Use keyword - for SEO purpose
  3. Priority - Use important keyword first. Etc: I will edit your logo. NOT I will make sure your logo will be edited.
  4. Keep it Short - Buyers are not going to check every gig so make sure they can read your title well in the search result.
  5. Simple words - Fiverr is an international marketplace. Not all people speak english.
  6. No grammer and spelling mistake - Can you detect my spelling mistake at this point? 🤫
  7. Use numbers - To shorten the title.
  8. Capitalization - You can capitalize one word to really highlight your keyword.
  9. SEO Title - Once you’ve filled in the title, click save. Suddenly, you’ll see Use SEO Title on the left side of the title box. It’s very small. In this SEO title, only use keywords, don’t use I will …

All the best guys. ☀️ 

Hi guys,

This is where you need to brag a bit but make sure it’s RELEVANT to your buyers - what they get from you which other sellers can’t really offer. In other words, be unique but not weird.

1. Check Best-Selling Gigs. As always, don’t reinvent the wheel. Just innovate a bit what they have done. If you have highly unique and on demand idea, you can give it a try.
  2. Tagline. Put your tagline first to make you unique from others. Etc: “Welcome to the Logo Clinic”. Keep it short and easy to memorize.
  3. Keywords. Don’t forget to include your keywords properly into the description.
  4. Experience. No matter how small the project was, it’s still valuable. You can put your voluntary work during school period too.
  5. Rating. You can add previous ratings from different countries if your experience is not enough. Etc: Five Star Reviews from Poland.
  6. Relax. It’s okay to have some minor grammar and spelling mistakes especially for non native speakers.
  7. Clarity. Use bullets or numberings to make your description clear. So the buyers don’t have to read twice.
  8. Your Offer. This is where you need to be really different from others - if you don’t want to offer lower price for a gig, you can provide extra service here. Etc: I provide UNLIMITED Revision with Free Formatting.
  9. Custom offer. Ask them to contact you before placing order to avoid miscommunication.
  10. Updates. Don’t forget to add your experience from time to time but don’t do this too often. Always check your statistic for a week after updating gigs. If there’s a huge drop, then contact customer support.
  11. Negotiable price/rate. Some people prefer to offer this. I’m one of them but at reasonable rate. This is true for big project.

> Less is More.

All the best. ☀️ 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:06 AM, radhiiikamal said:

Special offer . This is suitable for new seller. Etc: “Free Basic Gig on your Third Order. Limited Time Offer!”

This is currently not allowed - CS told me (and others as well) that offering free stuff or bonus offers like that to lure in clients is forbidden. This could easily lead to account suspension.

• Special offer . This is suitable for new seller. Etc: “Free Basic Gig on your Third Order. Limited Time Offer!”

This is currently not allowed - CS told me (and others as well) that offering free stuff or bonus offers like that to lure in clients is forbidden. This could easily lead to account suspension.

Thank you brother for reminding us. I will edit my gigs soon. 🙂

Hi guys,

It’s heartbreaking not to have any sales at all. Maybe it’s time to be more creative and to stop hoping. Do you know that Steve Jobs would take a walk to get inspiration. He didn’t sit in the office all day. I’m suggesting that we should try something different to get better result.

1. Volunteering. Try to volunteer in the field related to your gig. You can add this experience to your Fiverr profile to create more trust.
  2. Food business. People eat food, every single day. Find something easy to make and worth your time.
  3. Dropshipping. If you don’t like to create product, try promoting famous product. You can try Alidropship.
  4. Offline business. Don’t limit your income in online business only. Some people are good at offline business. Maybe you’re one of them.
  5. Family first. Maybe some of your family members and friends need your service but you’ve never told them.
  6. Social media. Have you promoted your gig? Create new social media account if you’re shy like me.
  7. Challenge your gig. Have you done any research before creating a gig. Don’t be afraid to create a new gig if there’s no progress.
  8. Trust. Does your gig look suspicious? Don’t use sexy images, it’s not professional. Besides, buyers are looking for trust not lust.
  9. Pray a lot. There are things we can’t control, so let’s be humble and pray. It’s scientifically proven to keep you calm.
  10. Buyer request. Don’t forget to check them from time to time on Fiverr apps. Build your unique template in your Note apps so that you can send fast request.

All the best guys. There are many alternatives. Just be open to changes and you’ll be fine.

• 1 month later...

Well done on becoming a graphic designer. I envy your talents since you can earn a lot from this. 🙂

1. I suggest you to search for Vector Tracing on Fiverr. Then choose filter: Best Selling. They are experts in this field so I might not be able to give you powerful keywords.

2. Choose 3-5 top gigs and follow their keywords and tags. You’ll notice that they use almost the same keywords.

3. Example of keyword: I will buy educational toys. In this example, the keyword is educational toys, not “I will buy”.

5. Tags should be the words in your customers’ mind when they are searching for gigs. Usually the words are short. Etc: pixel art

7. SEO is whatever means necessary to make your gigs on top of the list. Keyword is one of the components of SEO. SEO is the mother, keyword is the son.

8. It takes time for your gigs to be ranked so patient is vital. It took me one month to get my first order.

I also almost always write a response when someone leaves a review. Comment on what a pleasure it was to work with them, or thank them for their kind words.

I have a question. Fiverr allows writing 3 tags with a space between them. Now suppose if I write ‘redraw convert trace’ as a single tag, is that perfect? Are they don’t work as 3 single TAG?

Oh! Thanks for this piece. But I still do have a question here. What could be the reason for a decline in impressions (that red arrow facing down) of a gig that was ranked high with the green arrows
I do hope you understand me.
I am into the logo design niche
Thanks in Anticipation of your response

did you get your gigs back? because I recently want to improve my gig but now it is gone because I edited it so many times. if you got back please tell me how because it’s really hard to get on the top 1 page and first on the list but now everything is gone because it is invisible.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, petevo said:

I also almost always write a response when someone leaves a review. Comment on what a pleasure it was to work with them, or thank them for their kind words.

That’s a great thing to do. Thank you.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, abid_rh said:

I have a question. Fiverr allows writing 3 tags with a space between them. Now suppose if I write ‘redraw convert trace’ as a single tag, is that perfect? Are they don’t work as 3 single TAG?

I think it’s better to separate the tags. I’ve done a little experiment on this and separate tags worked better. Please let me know your result too. Thanks.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:47 AM, deyems said:

Oh! Thanks for this piece. But I still do have a question here. What could be the reason for a decline in impressions (that red arrow facing down) of a gig that was ranked high with the green arrows

I do hope you understand me. I am into the logo design niche

Hi @deyems. There could be many reasons and it’s kinda hard to know… It’s good to know that Fiverr helps sellers so sometimes they rotate our gigs. Thus, other sellers could get sale too.

Hi @kyrulaiman. Yes I got my gigs back after contacting customer supports. To get on the first page is hard if you’re in a competitive niche. However, try researching other best sellers’ gig tags. It could take up to one month to get your first sale if you do it correctly or more if you did something wrong or the niche is too competitive.

All the best guys. Don’t forget there are many business opportunities besides Fiverr.

Keep on learning.

“Stay hungry, stay foolish.” 🙂

Hi @deyems. There could be many reasons and it’s kinda hard to know… It’s good to know that Fiverr helps sellers so sometimes they rotate our gigs. Thus, other sellers could get sale too.

Hi @kyrulaiman. Yes I got my gigs back after contacting customer supports. To get on the first page is hard if you’re in a competitive niche. However, try researching other best sellers’ gig tags. It could take up to one month to get your first sale if you do it correctly or more if you did something wrong or the niche is too competitive.

All the best guys. Don’t forget there are many business opportunities besides Fiverr.

Keep on learning.

What is this supposed to mean? “Stay hungry” I get… but “stay foolish”? Foolish business owners rarely succeed. I’m not sure it’s wise to be suggesting that people “stay foolish”.

What is this supposed to mean? “Stay hungry” I get… but “stay foolish”? Foolish business owners rarely succeed. I’m not sure it’s wise to be suggesting that people “stay foolish”.

I’m always hungry and sometimes I act a fool. 😉 can’t be so serious all the time!😛

Steve-Jobs-Quotes-Stay-Hungry-Stay-Foolish-5.jpg.25571e1e00de17b4a61b79275be54e00.jpg

Archived