New to Fiverr and concerned with potential buyer scammers

blancaperezg

Hello! I am new to Fiverr I am a virtual assistant and within a day of creating my gig I have received 2 messages from potential buyers. Which is exciting of course but both of them seem a little off to me. The first one messaged me just saying hello after responding asking her if there is anything I could assist her with she responded with what she needed from a virtual assistant seemed pretty normal I responded told her I could do it and then her response was that I had been selected for and immediate interview with the company(she put the name of the company but im not sure if I am allowed to share that) and to add so and so from HR to my s***e list for an immediate chat interview (she also provided the name and email to this person) this seems very sketchy to me and I decided not to respond I even looked up the company its a real company but on one of the links I clicked my computer automatically let me know to click off it because this may be a site impersonating another site to steal your information. I was just wondering if something like that has every happened to anyone before? It just seemed very odd Im deciding to just ignore it better to be safe than sorry!
I also received another message from someone else the same day saying he’s deciding to cooperate with me and if we cooperate together on his idea we will make profit soon. I asked what is it he will be needing and what his idea is. But this also seems very sketchy to me. Please share any tips you have with buyer scams!!

Thank you!

Hey,

Sadly, it happens to all of us eventually.

Quoted from ToS:

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Next time when this happens, just report and block the user who wants to communicate with you off the site and you’re good. ☀️

Archived