New to Fiverr as a Copywriter & Editor: any advice?

ninawaegemans

I am new to Fiverr and just made my first gig. I’m an MA student in English and Dutch literature and linguistics, with three years of experience as a writing mentor and teaching assistant for a university-level writing course. I’ve always loved proofreading and writing, so I’d like to get some gigs in that domain.

If any experienced users have advice for me, I’d love to hear from you! You can find my first attempt at a gig here:

https://www.fiverr.com/share/KwGBR2

“essays” drop that, terms breaching doesn’t go down too well with Fiverr staff.

In terms of your use of prose, I have faith you will deliver excellent work, there’s so many here who are a joke with gigs like “i will profreed your essays”, argh!

Good luck with it.

Thank you for your reply! Could you expand on why exactly I shouldn’t use the term “essay”? In any case, thanks for the tip!

Any sort of academic work is not allowed and can get your account banned. It would be a shame to lose someone new who can actually put together a sentence. LOL

GG

Haha, that’s flattering! I intuitively put “essays” instead of “texts” because I’m used to proofreading as a writing mentor for my university, meaning that I generally read essays. But of course I don’t mean to breach any terms, so thank you for pointing this out to me before I got into trouble. 🙂

It would be a shame to lose someone new who can actually put together a sentence. LOL

I was impressed by their articulation.

Far too often I look at someone’s gig and I’m mortified by the lack of effort; understanding and articulation.

It’s nice to look at a gig and feel confident in their abilities right away.

You guys are too nice! I’m not always too confident about my writing, so your comments really mean a lot. 🙂

Archived