New to Fiverr freelancing

rrattu

Hi,

I am new to fiverr and want to establish myself as a reliable freelancer. I need your help in understanding how it works and what should I expect as a newbie in this arena. My first Gig is postrd under photo editing section. Till now it seems to be exciting but at the same time it difficult to establish oneself as a freelancer.

And words for help will be appreciated.

Regards

Dear Rrattu:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: Is TOO CLOSE to your head. Reduce the size of the image or do what you have to to pull back a bit.
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears below your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one and make it cool.
Your profile text – note the edits:

I am a freelancer looking to create an awesome Buying experience for you. -[Name Buyers should call you]

You’ll need to come up with a new profile text focused on your skills and how they benefit the Buyer, and the fact that you are here to help the Buyer.

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs, and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

“I will do Photo Editing that will make you feel good” lacks critical key words and well-defined objective metrics. Build your gigs around the software packages you use. Research the best performing keywords in your overcrowded niche.

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Fiverr Support.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here. It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through all the material.

If you haven’t already read Strengths Finder 2.0 and taken that assessment, I suggest you do so, because it should give you the language to express your strengths and help you to brainstorm some gigs for which you are especially well qualified. Check out the writing of Chris Guillebeau and Tim Ferriss. By Josh Kaufman, I recommend The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything… Fast!
and The Personal MBA. Also, you could read Influence by Robert Cialdini and Get Anyone to Do Anything by David J. Lieberman.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Fiverr Anywhere Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling