New to Fiverr - Illustration, Ghostwriting, etc

Hi guys! I’m new here, and have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. My Buyer Requests page is empty, I have no idea how to get my skills and abilities noticed amongst the morass of existent profiles and freelancers, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit discouraged. Does anybody have any tips for me?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @liminalspaces

Welcome to Fiverr and the community. We are glad to have you here with us.

I had a look at your profile and your gigs are priced at a premium. I recommend that you start at a lower price and gather some reviews after which you can increase your price. Think as a buyer yourself, will you pay $500 to someone for an e-book who has no reviews at all?

Additionally, the amazing team at Fiverr have put a great free course for new sellers, I highly recommend you watch it: Learn how to Successfully Freelance on Fiverr

Interact in this community, ask questions and have lots of fun.

Regards,
Shashant

Be very aware that by offering services that (strongly) hint at doing someone’s homework/assessments is against TOS:

Your history essay is overdue.

This might be an innocent statement on your gig, not intending to mean as I read it, but if you are caught helping someone to cheat, then you will likely get yourself banned from the platform for unethical practices.

I agree with the statement of premium pricing. I’m not saying your pricing isn’t fair (I’ve written and published a number of books myself, so I know how much effort is involved), but you might find it a very hard sell on the platform here as a new seller 🙂

Hi

I think your pricing is probably more than fair but sadly there is just so much competition here and people are so used to being offered (what is claimed to be) Ferraris for $5. It is so much BS but as a result it is very hard for quality sellers to find clients looking for quality work.

The approach seems to need to be to find a tiny part of a thing you can offer at a price point and deliver quickly. Hopefully from there, the buyer will add more things that takes the order from $5 to $20.

I can’t say I like this approach at all but such is the nature of Fiverr.

Is there something else that you can do and focus on like with your drawings:

I will draw an Album Cover for a Stoner Rock record

• Just the ugly head 1,000 x 1,000 px $15
  • With added blood 1,000 x 1,000 px $25
  • Full Background 4,000 x 4,000 px for Apple iTunes $40

🙂

Hi

I think your pricing is probably more than fair but sadly there is just so much competition here and people are so used to being offered (what is claimed to be) Ferraris for $5. It is so much BS but as a result it is very hard for quality sellers to find clients looking for quality work.

The approach seems to need to be to find a tiny part of a thing you can offer at a price point and deliver quickly. Hopefully from there, the buyer will add more things that takes the order from $5 to $20.

I can’t say I like this approach at all but such is the nature of Fiverr.

Is there something else that you can do and focus on like with your drawings:

I will draw an Album Cover for a Stoner Rock record

• Just the ugly head 1,000 x 1,000 px $15
  • With added blood 1,000 x 1,000 px $25
  • Full Background 4,000 x 4,000 px for Apple iTunes $40

🙂

Thank you! Yes, I’ve done various freelancing commissions before for years, I’m experienced and have a large back-catalogue of work, and I know my prices are fair for the work I produce.

That being said, I hear you, and until I rack up a range of reviews and on-site experience I would be well advised to follow your advice. I very much appreciate your tips, I’m very grateful. I’ll take everything you’ve said on board.

Be very aware that by offering services that (strongly) hint at doing someone’s homework/assessments is against TOS:

Your history essay is overdue.

This might be an innocent statement on your gig, not intending to mean as I read it, but if you are caught helping someone to cheat, then you will likely get yourself banned from the platform for unethical practices.

I agree with the statement of premium pricing. I’m not saying your pricing isn’t fair (I’ve written and published a number of books myself, so I know how much effort is involved), but you might find it a very hard sell on the platform here as a new seller 🙂

As you no doubt have guessed I haven’t closely perused the TOS (does anybody? lmao)

I appreciate the heads up. I’ll make adjustments accordingly. I’m very grateful for your reply.

Hi @liminalspaces

Welcome to Fiverr and the community. We are glad to have you here with us.

I had a look at your profile and your gigs are priced at a premium. I recommend that you start at a lower price and gather some reviews after which you can increase your price. Think as a buyer yourself, will you pay $500 to someone for an e-book who has no reviews at all?

Additionally, the amazing team at Fiverr have put a great free course for new sellers, I highly recommend you watch it: Learn how to Successfully Freelance on Fiverr

Interact in this community, ask questions and have lots of fun.

Regards,

Shashant

Thank you Shashant!

I’ll follow up on that course, seems like a lot of good info. I have extensive experience freelancing off-site and this is my standard pricing scheme, for which I make sure my clients get their money’s worth. However I know you aren’t questioning my work, and I see your point. I’ll adjust my pricing, at least until I have more on-site prestige.

I deeply appreciate the time you’ve taken to reply. Thanks again.

Thank you! Yes, I’ve done various freelancing commissions before for years, I’m experienced and have a large back-catalogue of work, and I know my prices are fair for the work I produce.

That being said, I hear you, and until I rack up a range of reviews and on-site experience I would be well advised to follow your advice. I very much appreciate your tips, I’m very grateful. I’ll take everything you’ve said on board.

Oh believe me I think it is terrible and struggle daily with the whole thing here that my $150 Mix & Master that is good quality as a result of my passion for my craft, training, and 30 years of experience is too expensive when there are people getting paid $599 and $850 for work that is not as good as what do.

I am in no way saying you should undervalue yourself, just that seems to be the strategy/rock that Fiverr (and all other freelance places I am/have been) “buyers” live under.

🙂

Archived