New to Fiverr? Read this BEFORE you ask "How to get Buyers?" [ARCHIVED]

Thanks @natalieab

— Improve your Gig traffic with 5 SEO tips

"When talking about SEO it’s all about choosing the right keywords. Think about the keywords people use to search for your service.

Use your keyword, where relevant, in the title of your Gig. Your keyword should appear 2-3 times in your Gig description. At the beginning, at the end and in the body of your text. Make sure relevant keywords are in your Gig tags. Video and image files you upload should be descriptive and contain your keyword.

Things to Avoid:

Flooding your text with keywords can have a negative impact.

Using keywords that are not relevant to your Gig.

To get keyword ideas, do a search for a service like yours, on any search engine. You can also check out similar Gigs on Fiverr with the following Google query: inurl:yourkeywordhere site:fiverr.com

See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/98/improve-your-gig-traffic-with-5-seo-tips"

Thanks @natalieab

Also:

Be patient. It can take months to get going on Fiverr.

Start with only 1, 2 or 3 gigs until YOU LEARN…

– How the Fiverr system actually works.

– What Buyers look for when choosing a Seller.

– How to over-deliver your service.

– How to negotiate effectively.

– How to handle and respond to negative feedback.

Furthermore:

– Use proper English and grammar.

– Do not use Stock photo images or images you have no right to use.

– Do not misrepresent your gig.

– Do not mislead Buyers.

– Explain exactly what you are offering.

– Explain exactly what the Buyer will get.

Good luck to you!!

Sheriff’s Note: This older but very helpful post is now closed and cleaned up a little. However, these older threads are still not difficult to find!

Click on the word Discussions at the top of the forum. All topics flagged as Announcements will show at the top, and many of those are older posts that still have very valuable comments in them. It’s a great way to read through very helpful information quickly.

Thanks! Hope that i will get buyers on fiverr.

Thanks! Keywords are very important. I will try to update mine! :slight_smile:

Yes! I’m reading right now :slight_smile: tks

LOL I have been going through the forum for the last couple of days. There is a wealth of information available and there are some amazing people who have shared their stories, given tips. Then there are others who just say “HELP” without even bothering to read through the forum. I guess people think fiverr is a magic wand that you wave at and it starts coughing up $$$ to paypal.

Fantastic stuff! Thank you very much for taking the time to post. It’s very encouraging and helpful to newbies such as me :slight_smile:

Thanks @voiceoverwork And also apply these tips to social media promotion.

SEO techniques work on Facebook and Twitter too!

You are all promoting your Fiverr gigs on your social media accounts right?

Pete

Hello, we want to let you know that these tips are really important, and even made us sell our servies better,

Cheers !

Reply to @madmoo:

do you think anyone will read this?

I really seriously hope they do!!!

Funny thing is though, I have left comments here and there telling the

sellers to ask someone to fix/check their English grammar, but when I go

check their gig descriptions later on, many of them haven’t touched/changed it.

Weird…I thought you guys wanted help…

you said each keyword should appear 2 or 3 times in the text yet when i tried to post a gig i had the word Facebook in the title once and in the description just once and tagged once and it told me i used the word Facebook to much. to be able to tag it with the word Facebook i had to figure out how to post a description about a Facebook gig with out using the word Facebook at all so how am i going to have each key word up to 3 times in the description?

@divajewelry

Not all tags and keywords will fly, especially one such as Facebook.

And is Facebook really a good keyword for a Fiverr gig?

There are tons of other great keywords related to your gig.

This post is only a few days old, but still I am surprised to see all of those

help me I need buyers what do I do please check out my gig I need I want I need I want posts.

If they are so willing to get help and ideas, I wonder why they are not spending some time

reading all the helpful threads here.

:open_mouth:

@kjblynx

Excellent!

Reply to @madmoo: Or those who have gigs promising to show me how to make lots of money. Umm…shouldn’t you be USING your own skills to do so? The last time I checked, they had just 1 sale in the last 2 months. Gig FAIL!!! :))

@madgeeks I am not in the least bit surprised. If your articles read anything remotely like your profile and gig descriptions, which are full of errors, you are not going to get any orders and putting this in your gig description. “The problem is with words that sucks in your website content”. Do you realize what you are doing here? you are telling buyers that their content sucks…

ank000 said: i haven't got my first customer yet

Then re-read this post starting at the top.

Also your gig needs some help...
Your profile photo, your bio profile, your gig photo and your gig description all need improvement.

Good luck!

Great tips !

Thanks so much. This is a very information and I have learned a lot from it

@dinoxo

Hi and welcome. Just a few observations…

Profile bio should tell your qualifications, education and experience. Why you are qualified to do what you do.

Your Gig title. Do you only do this for “business”? I guess not, but using that can pigeon hole your gig as for businesses only.

Re-imagine your description. Use a headline with sub headlines and bullet points. Use the formatting tools provided. Tell buyers exactly what you offer, exactly what they get and how it will help them. Don’t use “I” or “I will”. Make the description about the buyer and how the product relates to them.

Promote your gig on FB!

Hello everyone… I’m a newbie here - so please be kind!

Can someone please tell me how to add Gig Extras to my gig? Some people have extra services listed and some don’t.

I’m also still learning about Levels…