New user, funny guy, not sure where to focus

Hey everyone, I am a brand new seller here and I just set up my first gig - for Voice Overs. Now I can do other things besides voice overs - such as video editing, computer programming, etc - but I was starting with Voice Overs because that was really how I learned about Fiverr.

About me personally - I am a father who loves tech and loves the theater. I have performed in community theater for a long time, but I have been working with computers at least as long - programming with .Net for about 17 years now. Programming is my day job, though, so I don’t have much motivation to use it as my side-work as well. On the other hand, if I could transition to full-time freelancing that would be great as well.

I just made a video for my first gig - I am wondering if I should stick in the same area for more gigs, or really break out and try different areas.

In any case, any tips or help I can get would be appreciated. Thanks. I look forward to being active in this community.

Hey Jeremy.
I´d say if you have a day job anyway, take the freedom and try out what you´d like to do most.
Tip or help - well, don´t forget to read useful stuff, part of which will help you avoid potential problems (so you can come to the forum mostly for fun and not because you´re desperate 😉 ), such as:
favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Those are the most imminently important ones, must-reads, really, then there´s the Fiverr Academy, the Blog, there are Podcasts… and of course lots and lots of forum threads about all kinds of subjects (forum search function is underused but very handy too 🔍 ) . If you have specific questions you´ll usually get specific replies here very quick too and else there´s discussions, polls and other fun as well to keep freelancers from feeling lonely. Welcome to the forum. 🙂

As far as I know, there is no one (aside from a seller of illegal video templates) offering real estate video voiceovers.

If I could do voiceovers, I would go all out. App video voiceovers, fundraising video voiceovers. There are lots of niches which while the VO market is quite saturated, few vendors stand up and say they specialize in.

Go crazy and may you still be funny after being consumed by general Fiverr madness. 🙂

Archived