Fiverr Forum

New Years Tip!

Don’t let people say "i’ll submit information later’ because if they don’t and then they cancel for it being ‘late’ then you can’t have the negative feedback removed. Why? Well, because customer support said so:

Story: somebody submitted the information that I need 2 days before delivery date. I don’t notice (christmas after all. I have notes of when I should be completing gigs by in a book so I know when things are due). He cancels. I can’t have the feedback removed:

"It is still your responsibility to deliver on time. If you can’t deliver, you must cancel the order so you do not receive negative feedback. "

my response:

"But that basically means that somebody could give me the information on the last day and say that I need to do it within a few hours right? Can you confirm that is the case. It would be a little unfair if that is the case.

"Hi Ryan,

Yes, but hopefully you would then cancel the order before it ever gets that late. You need to keep track of the orders that you have in queue.

Regards"

I can’t track gigs more than I can right now. It should not be my responsibility to check when people give me the information that I need despite asking numerous times. (and they say they will get back to me). I even say in my ‘gig notes’ that customers receive when they send me information. It says “in my mind the delivery time of your gig will not begin until i have all of the information”. Apparently this is not enough.

The only way I can actually get this negative removed right now is by way of giving somebody a free article by way of compensation. I mean, seriously. I have to do it as I don’t want to ruin my gig. It will only take 7 minutes anyway. But still, I should not have to do it. It is ridiculous. It is not my responsibility to ensure somebody gets information in on time. It is theirs.

Douches.

Rock ON…

I’m so happy for you! And so sorry you were pushed to the point of a threat. It’s times like this I were there were a way to prevent someone from ever ordering from me again.

aingham69 said: That's a shame. I'd be tempted to write to the buyer saying you revoke permission for the article to be used until the feedback is removed. It seems to me that the buyer simply agreed in the first place just because he wanted the article and knew it was the way to get you to do it.

It's sorted now :) He got the free article. He refused to allow me to have the negative feedback removed. I told him that if he did remove it or allow me to remove the negative feedback then I would end a DMCA notice to his host (which is based in America despite him being Australian). He gave permission pretty quickly after that. I am presuming because he did not want to lose his hosting account...

Actually, Ryan, look I’m not going to tell you what CS will do. However, if you have a message from the seller with the conditional “Write me a freebie and I’ll agree to remove the feedback” …AND you have a screen shot of the new article being used. Send that to CS and I believe they will remove the feedback.

Bear in mind, if you don’t also cancel the gig, the buyer can come back and make poopie feedback again. But you can either toss the money and the tosser or you can take your chances that he will come back and leave good (or bad) feedback again.

Sorry this happened to you, Ryan. I hope CS do change its mind on the situation.

ryangillam said: This customer has now used the article on their site *sigh*.

That's a shame. I'd be tempted to write to the buyer saying you revoke permission for the article to be used until the feedback is removed. It seems to me that the buyer simply agreed in the first place just because he wanted the article and knew it was the way to get you to do it.

anarchofighter said:
I'm not sure what happened. I was totally agreeing with you that it is ridiculous that a buyer can EXTORT you to remove negative feedback, that you perform and then....you're left holding the bag with him/her maybe not performing.

Oh, I know you were agreeing with me don't worry! :D

The problem is, this customer has done this in the past. He takes a while to submit information. He knows that my gig queue fills up quite quickly and I pause it often. He therefore orders knowing that he will need to wait 15 days for the articles regardless. So I did not think I would have to remind him. It has happened on 4 or 5 different orders. In fact, I have agreements with many 'regular' customers like this for that to happen. It gets them in the queue. However, somewhere along the line this customer decided he does not want to do that anymore. If people submit information late then I tell them it will take a bit longer. Most of the time they agree. Everybody is happy. This is about 7 days before the articles are due. I get the information and that's it. I am ready to work. I did not think I would have to do that to this other person due to the agreement we had in place in the past. Turns out I did and that you should not trust anybody.

This customer has now used the article on their site *sigh*.

I’m not sure what happened. I was totally agreeing with you that it is ridiculous that a buyer can EXTORT you to remove negative feedback, that you perform and then…you’re left holding the bag with him/her maybe not performing.

As far as the “your responsibility part” … I handle that issue in a different way.

I’d be happy to make a post about it if you’d like.

This is automatic negative feedback by the way for the cancellation, not “omg he was late F----” or whatever.

anarchofighter said: I do understand why CS has to keep a certainly level of "integrity" on the feedback ...but this buyer seems to have none.

I really don't care if it is there because the customer refused to have it removed. I really don't. I can agree to that. I have, I think, 3 negative feedbacks for late delivery on my account where a customer has refused to let me have it removed. I am happy with that as I was late. It is their right to leave it there. What I do care about is the fact that apparently it is my responsibility to ensure customers give me the information that I need on time and not 48 hours before a gig is due (despite me saying on my gig notes I won't accept that) I also care that customer support will allow people to ask for free things to get feedback removed and then allow them to revoke that permission :/ Just seems like an odd way of doing things. It now seems as though people could do the following:

1. Leave negative feedback for poor quality work (even though they like it!)
2. You message them asking what can be done. They say deliver free work. Obviously a tiny bit of work is worth it to remove the negative feedback.
3. You deliver. They now refuse to have it removed.
4. You lose out both in terms of keeping the negative and wasting time on delivering free work.

It just makes no sense to me. It is like they are almost telling people "it is fine to scam".

I’m sorry that you, a top rated seller, was abused this way.

I do understand why CS has to keep a certainly level of “integrity” on the feedback …but this buyer seems to have none.

You know what, whatever :slight_smile:

“Hello

The customer said that if I delivered a free article then I could have it removed (if you read the messages between us two for the first order mentioned in this ticket). I have now delivered his free article so can I have it removed now please?”

"Hi,

No. The buyer will need to respond and say that they now are satisfied. "

I message the buyer:

“Hey, if you are satisfied can you respond and give me permission for the negative feedback to be removed”

"Hey, I am very satisfied, it is good. I do withdraw permission for the negative to be removed though as you were late"

so, whatever :slight_smile:

This customer said this earlier in our chat:

"i will only remove that feedback if u can write me at-least 1 article for free now."

I said this to customer support:

"He said if I delivered a free article then it could be removed. I done that :o

Does this mean that if he does not respond now he gets a free article and I keep the negative feedback? "

their response:

"That is a possibility."

So basically, customer submitted information 2 days before gig was due. He cancelled as obviously that is not enough time for me to do it (I mean, I see it as though it is a way of avoiding paying for gig extras for ‘speedy delivery’). He said I can get negative feedback removed if I write a free article. I write a free article. Customer support says he now needs to say that he is satisfied with the article. He says he is satisfied. Revokes permission to have the negative feedback removed. Customer support say it can’t be removed now because of that. I am out of pocket of one article and I don’t nothing wrong 0_o. Geez…last time I give out anything for free.

I shall give the customer 2 more hours to change his mind. I will message Fiverr Customer Support in 5 hours (when the shift changes). If the negative feedback still remains then I shall be pausing my gigs until they can agree for it to be removed. This means they will lose out on money as most of my orders are for ‘quick delivery’ as the queue is so long. People will go somewhere else to get the writing done and they will make $1 as opposed to the $3.00 I earn them. I mean, it may not be too much of a dent in their pockets, but if they just removed the feedback which is completely undeserved then I would have earned them enough to pay for a customer support dude for a month within a day and a half sigh

ryangillam said: )

By the way, the gig that the late delivery feedback is on is not active right now. You won’t be able to spot who left the feedback by opening up my gigs :o

Yay! Glad to hear it. I presume he wouldn’t want to lose his hosting either. I’ve had to do that with buyers in the past who have cancelled, knowing that they would lose the rights to their piece, and then decided to use it–and not just on Fiverr!