Newbie and unsure

happyinnc73

Hi all, any advice would be appreciated. I started a few months ago and offer resume and cover letters. I have received a few orders I am lacking in confidence. The resumes I have received are sent by obviously highly educated individuals. My questions are why would they need me to revise their resume OR ANYONE for that matter. Many of the resumes I have seen look great. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS… A friend said to me “some people are willing to pay 5$ for an opinion”, I am just not seeing it though. Thanks a bunch in advance.

happyinnc73 said: The resumes I have received are sent by obviously highly educated individuals. My questions are why would they need me to revise their resume OR ANYONE for that matter
Sometimes people just like to pay others to do things for them. In general, a highly educated person would see the value in hiring someone who has more experience in a particular task than they do. Even though they are able to perform they task to a standard, they want it done better. Sometimes people just like to pay someone else because they are lazy, or it makes them feel important.

Whatever the reason, if you are getting orders and good feedback, your confidence should be building.

Hi! It’s really a matter of your own self confidence. Don’t be intimidated by other people. You know what you are doing. Own it! 🙂 You are a second opinion, a fresh set of eyes, and that means you might catch something they didn’t see. I’m pretty picky with grammar and form on resumes, etc., but I always like to get a second opinion on things like this.

Another thing: When I started out on Fiverr, I wasn’t necessarily in top form yet, but I learned a ton as I went, and you will too. Just give yourself a bit of time 🙂

Archived