Newbie Help Group

ruzzelfiver

Hi Newbs!

Actually I’m a newbie myself and I have only 1 (currently) active gig on fiverr. I’m working on my second gig, but that won’t be online until next week at the earliest. I still haven’t had my first order, but don’t worry too much about that. My gig belongs to a very competitive niche and that might be the single most important reason why I haven’t landed any orders just yet. The quality of my work is my unique selling proposition and I’m pretty sure orders will start coming along.

Anyway, I started this thread because I am looking for other newbies, just like myself, that I can work with, bounce ideas around, and co-promote gigs for better exposure. With the mere number of newbs, I tink we make a considerable force.

For newbies, I will collect your gigs to help it gain exposure in the fiver marketplace. Actually I have a thread specially for that. you can see it here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/7895/i039ll-collect-your-gigs-but-wait-there039s-more#Item_34

I am actively looking at the gigs that I collect and remembering the gigs that I might be able to recommend to my future clients (gigs that compliment mine) and I suggest you do the same. I offer ecover designs so custom illustrations, graphics, photoshop gigs and the likes compliment my gig pretty well.

What are your gigs about?

Hahaha. Click on “discussions” above you.

Welcome to fiverr!! The world’s largest online market!!!

Am here for about 1 month+ , I don’t know if I should be regarded as a newbie.

Your gig’s truely competitive and you’ll need a little exposure(outside fiverr) to put up with the competition. I believe that effective advertising of our gigs in social media like facebook,twitter,pinterest,google plus,forums,blogs,etc will relatively boost our sales. I haven’t explored any of these avenues(though I get fair orders) because I don’t have much fans yet

Hahaha. Click on “discussions” above you.

Welcome to fiverr!! The world’s largest online market!!!

Am here for about 1 month+ , I don’t know if I should be regarded as a newbie.

Your gig’s truely competitive and you’ll need a little exposure(outside fiverr) to put up with the competition. I believe that effective advertising of our gigs in social media like facebook,twitter,pinterest,google plus,forums,blogs,etc will relatively boost our sales. I haven’t explored any of these avenues(though I get fair orders) because I don’t have much fans yet

Hey there and welcome to Fiverr! I am new myself (started here in March) and have been very successful thus far. I looked at your gig and some of your work, your covers look excellent. I am sure with time and patience success will come to you as well!

Hey there and welcome to Fiverr! I am new myself (started here in March) and have been very successful thus far. I looked at your gig and some of your work, your covers look excellent. I am sure with time and patience success will come to you as well!

Welcome to Fiverr and good luck ! 🙂 I`m active on Fiverr for almost 2 months now and I can say that if you offer quality and people can see that you put “a little soul” into every gig you deliver, they will come back again and again and again…

I have some gigs so far and some on the way. You could check them out and maybe we can collaborate. I collected your gig, you can feel free to collect one of mine as well.

Keep in touch.

Robbie

Welcome to Fiverr and good luck ! 🙂 I`m active on Fiverr for almost 2 months now and I can say that if you offer quality and people can see that you put “a little soul” into every gig you deliver, they will come back again and again and again…

I have some gigs so far and some on the way. You could check them out and maybe we can collaborate. I collected your gig, you can feel free to collect one of mine as well.

Keep in touch.

Robbie

Hi @ruzzelfiver!

Welcome to fiverr! We have been here since the end of February and it has been awesome! Fiverr has exceeded our expectations and really opened up a lot of opportunities and helped us expand our portfolio and gain more experience quickly!

I checked out your GIG and it looks great! A couple things I wanted to mention.

If you’ve been checking out the forums, you’ll notice that one of the biggest keys to more exposure on fiverr is to have VIDEO on your gig! It helps immensely! You get shown in more searches on the site and believe it or not, much of your business will come from fiverr buyers that find you here, so you want to be sure you can be found! Even if it is just a slideshow of your portfolio with some descriptive text, any type of video WILL HELP!

Also, your GIG looks like it can do a lot more than ebook covers, like general photo collage, flyers and other graphic advertising. While I’m sure you wanted to focus in the specific market, don’t sell yourself short by not including information about your services other uses! Maybe towards the end of your gig description you could write something about it being great for magazine insert ads, customer flyers or CD covers/inserts. I think that will help when someone looks at your page and thinks “I don’t need an ebook book cover”, but they may need a CD cover or other product that this can be used for!

Just a couple thoughts for you!

Good luck and many fiverrs!

jive-a-five

Hi @ruzzelfiver!

Welcome to fiverr! We have been here since the end of February and it has been awesome! Fiverr has exceeded our expectations and really opened up a lot of opportunities and helped us expand our portfolio and gain more experience quickly!

I checked out your GIG and it looks great! A couple things I wanted to mention.

If you’ve been checking out the forums, you’ll notice that one of the biggest keys to more exposure on fiverr is to have VIDEO on your gig! It helps immensely! You get shown in more searches on the site and believe it or not, much of your business will come from fiverr buyers that find you here, so you want to be sure you can be found! Even if it is just a slideshow of your portfolio with some descriptive text, any type of video WILL HELP!

Also, your GIG looks like it can do a lot more than ebook covers, like general photo collage, flyers and other graphic advertising. While I’m sure you wanted to focus in the specific market, don’t sell yourself short by not including information about your services other uses! Maybe towards the end of your gig description you could write something about it being great for magazine insert ads, customer flyers or CD covers/inserts. I think that will help when someone looks at your page and thinks “I don’t need an ebook book cover”, but they may need a CD cover or other product that this can be used for!

Just a couple thoughts for you!

Good luck and many fiverrs!

jive-a-five

Hey thanks jive-a-five! Yeah, maybe I can lump my ebook cover gig with other graphi works that are closely related. Also, I am prepping up my next gigs but I am originally thinking of creating them into separate gigs. Actually, I suspect that lumping all graphics design work I will offer all in one gig will make the gig something like a “all in one” gig and thus possibly get more orders because of the scope. I would like my gigs to be organized but I am thinking of ways by which I can broaden the scope of each without making them too general.

Hey thanks jive-a-five! Yeah, maybe I can lump my ebook cover gig with other graphi works that are closely related. Also, I am prepping up my next gigs but I am originally thinking of creating them into separate gigs. Actually, I suspect that lumping all graphics design work I will offer all in one gig will make the gig something like a “all in one” gig and thus possibly get more orders because of the scope. I would like my gigs to be organized but I am thinking of ways by which I can broaden the scope of each without making them too general.

Archived