Nightmare buyer!

andrea_kizinger

Yesterday a buyer contacted me and asked “Can you edit my presentation within 8 hours?”. I said OK and send a custom offer. In the requirement field we mentioned only to proofread it. When I checked his presentation, it was in poor quality. (You may need microscope to read the content in slides. font size=8,) So I contacted him and requested permission to edit slides and add pictures.( There wasn’t any picture) But he said only to proofread. So I asked my proofreader to check grammar and spellings. Then I delivered it. But now he gave me a 3.7 rating! I did what he asked me to do! 😖 That’s really unfair!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.7 is great! 🙂 Don’t stress about it. And I believe that counts as a positive review, so no reduction in total %.

And it won’t have any effect on your sales. You can also give your side of the story in the review, telling you didn’t have a microscope, so delivering it was challenging. Then people will only laugh at that buyer and ignore their review.

If you really do want it to be removed, you can contact the buyer and let him know that you do offer revisions if anything in the order was not to their liking. Though I’m not sure if you are allowed to ask him to change their review in return.

For me. it’s this communication thing. Obviously you delivered what you thought they wanted. In their mind they wanted something different, something better. I try to send the finished work before the deadline in a message (without marking as delivered) to iron out any issues like this before we finalise. It isn’t always possible, but when you do, they might ask for a few changes and protect your rating.

For me. it’s this communication thing. Obviously you delivered what you thought they wanted. In their mind they wanted something different, something better. I try to send the finished work before the deadline in a message (without marking as delivered) to iron out any issues like this before we finalise. It isn’t always possible, but when you do, they might ask for a few changes and protect your rating.

same approach! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

One mischief buyer placed a order (2 weeks ago.) He want to contact me outside of fiverr and also want to do things that against fiverr TOS. I delivered his order one week ago and now he want to disengage my service and cancel order.( order already marked as completed) How we get to know if he complain against me to Customer Support?

Something similar happened to me a while back, so I contacted CS right away to be sure I wouldn’t be considered a spammer without fault because the actual spammer/scammer had reported me.

CS told me there was nothing to worry about, that they saw I was abusively reported and that was it 😃

However, if I were you I would still contact Customer Support because:

• I would still want to know that they are aware I was abusively reported for nothing

• in your case it was a spam/scam attempt that should result in that user’s account to be blocked

CS told me there was nothing to worry about

However, this part here made me think if the “report” button in Inbox has any effect at all or if CS even monitors or checks the reports :thinking:

Something similar happened to me a while back, so I contacted CS right away to be sure I wouldn’t be considered a spammer without fault because the actual spammer/scammer had reported me.

CS told me there was nothing to worry about, that they saw I was abusively reported and that was it 😃

However, if I were you I would still contact Customer Support because:

• I would still want to know that they are aware I was abusively reported for nothing

• in your case it was a spam/scam attempt that should result in that user’s account to be blocked

However, this part here made me think if the “report” button in Inbox has any effect at all or if CS even monitors or checks the reports :thinking:

Guest phantompower

However, if I were you I would still contact because:

What happens is that, there is a number set. lets say 20… If a buyer or seller is reported 20 times then his or her name is moved to the review team. So if 19 people report him or her there won’t be any effect. The reports themselves have an expiry date. So if 19 people report a person and the expiry date is 30 days, if another person reports on the 31 day this will be counted as a new report and not as an addition to the previous 19…

PS… I got this info from another service provider so it might not be the same case with fiverr

3 days ago one buyer ordered my article writing gig. First he requested to write 500 words article. After delivery he asked for a revision and asked to write 700 article. I accepted it and then wrote 700 words article. After next delivery he asked to write deeper article. (Few years ago he worked as seller and got too many negative feedbacks.) As I am sitting here editing this thing I am getting more frustrated. This is crazy. So I send him a mutual cancellation request & he accepted it. (He already got what he wanted.) 😣 Now I’m really disappointed about this type of buyers and I deleted my article writing gig. 😫 My gigs were appeared in first page of search results, but now they are disappeared.

3 days ago one buyer ordered my article writing gig. First he requested to write 500 words article. After delivery he asked for a revision and asked to write 700 article. I accepted it and then wrote 700 words article. After next delivery he asked to write deeper article. (Few years ago he worked as seller and got too many negative feedbacks.) As I am sitting here editing this thing I am getting more frustrated. This is crazy. So I send him a mutual cancellation request & he accepted it. (He already got what he wanted.) 😣 Now I’m really disappointed about this type of buyers and I deleted my article writing gig. 😫 My gigs were appeared in first page of search results, but now they are disappeared.

3 days ago one buyer ordered my article writing gig. First he requested to write 500 words article. After delivery he asked for a revision and asked to write 700 article. I accepted it and then wrote 700 words article.

Did he PAY you for the extra work? If not, why are you working for free?

Guest phantompower

You have to be strict. I had a buyer who ordered one of my gigs. The gig is set that each reversion will cost you extra. The buyer ordered and after every delivery he would pay for the reversion and give me new instructions. Say he wants a house with one toilet, after delivery he pays for reversions and asks for 2 toilets. After the 3rd reversion I realized he was working the system so I told him that he would need to purchase a new gig because he was straying from his original requirements. At the end he left me a neutral review but I got to keep all the funds he had paid. I didn’t even bother to write a review to state what I thought of how we worked together. In the end I realized that I would rather get a negative review rather than giving away my work for free

3 days ago one buyer ordered my article writing gig. First he requested to write 500 words article. After delivery he asked for a revision and asked to write 700 article. I accepted it and then wrote 700 words article.

No. He didn’t pay and threaten me to do more.

At the end he left me a neutral review but I got to keep all the funds he had paid.

He paid $5 for that article. I don’t want to risk my whole freelancing career for $5.😥

At the end he left me a neutral review but I got to keep all the funds he had paid.

He paid $5 for that article. I don’t want to risk my whole freelancing career for $5.😥

Next time use your upselling skills; if buyers want extra words. What do they need to do? Yup! You guessed it, they need to PAY. 🤑

Also, you should send screenshots to CS to report his bad behavior.

Next time use your upselling skills; if buyers want extra words. What do they need to do? Yup! You guessed it, they need to PAY. 🤑

All of this would be great advice if Fiverr CS would actually help sellers out when they start getting exploited, blackmailed, or have buyers leave evil reviews because they wouldn’t be pushed into doing extra work FOC.

You can only upsell and negotiate payment for extra work with buyers who are not serial narcissists or general moral degenerates. Sadly, these people get a free pass no matter what they do or ask for and they’re increasingly aware of this fact.

All sellers can do is increase their prices from $5 to get rid of most of such miscreants, before implementing clinical vetting of buyers and canceling orders in advance of nightmare scenarios unfolding.

• 2 weeks later...

Few weeks ago one of my client asked me to rewrite his assignment. ( He copied it from his friend) I rewrite it and submit the work. He never contacted me or request for a revision. After 3 weeks he contacted me and asked to do that whole work again. I agreed and completed the work. But now he leave a totally misleading feedback. I didn’t copied. I just rewrite that document.( I compared it through copyscape and result was 13% matched.)
Now I contacted the customer support. Will they remove that feedback?

Archived